balanced

doxthefox

I haven't read a post in months nor do I care to. I haven't played a serious IH in two years but I want to play a game.... with you! The people that play this game. Here are the issues from approximately two years ago.

1. Gold generated from the farm in lane is too low

2. Since the gold generated from the farm in lane is low, denials are worth less, so what's the point?

2. The bushes do not work as intended.

3. Jungle creep are worth more than the creep in lane.

4. Agil heroes can farm the jungle with ease as their base damage/lifesteal is too strong.

5. There is no counterplay for farming neutrals because they are too close to towers.

6. Lockbox warp shard and tazer killed the skillcap.

7. Ganking is worth more than farming a lane.

8. The final turrets are too hard to destroy and thus make the game a turtlefest in a way that everyone has max items.

9. Gold income items net more gold than actually farming.

10. No character suggested has ever been implemented in the game from the forums.

11. Red Hydra doesn't read posts with more than 10 points and won't even notice this statement unless someone points it out to him.

12. Minion producing units such as unix/mk infested terrans/marinescan soak up the damage from Levi (forgot new name), which make it easy for them to get.

13. Mana cost is non-existent late game.

14. Wards last too long.

15. Early game sustain with lifesteal puts casters at a disadvantage because mana regen is nonexistent early.

So the question is. How many of these issues have been resolved over the last 2 years and which ones. =)

Edited by doxthefox

1: Denies don't do all that much in terms of EXP, but can really add up in terms of money. Not all that much different than Dota 2 (Which is around the same exp on deny if I remember right)

2: They work now

3: True

4: True

5: True

6: Don't know how I feel about that.

7: Not true, farming is worth more.

8: Also been addressed, average games are around 45-50 mins with most heroes finishing 2-3 items for support/tank and 3-5 for crries/INT.

9: Items can help keep up somewhat, but not worth it unless you build it into something, so essentially only worth it on supports.

10: We'll see when the hero contest heroes get implimented.

11: He reads a decent amount of posts. Why should he read all of them?

12: It's actually the opposite now. MK/Bio are still good for taking aeon, but Levi has new mechanics that spawn massive AOE damage banes based on the number of heroes attacking it. The only real boss killer in the game now as far as levi is unix with his 5 second stun. Even then, you need your team to be itemized, as his Ult doesn't actually do any real damage.

13: Still the same

14: What were they 10 mins? They're 8 now.

15: Lifesteal is bad now, especially early game.

Edited by ginosaji

...Here are the issues from approximately two years ago.

12. Minion producing units such as unix/mk infested terrans/marinescan soak up the damage from Levi (forgot new name), which make it easy for them to get.

Those are paradoxical because MK didn't exist 2 years ago...

To answer your questions though, about half of these issues have been resolved. The other half remain unchanged or the changes implemented haven't affected the game in the manner you were hoping for.

I shall add my own issues as well.

1. Last hits mean little when compared to passive money gain. I think someone said you get like 25% of your gold from passive gain even with perfect cs.

2. Jungle camps have no leash range so ranged heroes can kite and jungle without taking too much damage.

3. Overall the jungle camps are too safe and do not promote counter jungling.

4. Jungle camps are frankly too rewarding and I'm pretty sure a lot of people agree on this.

5. Towers can be debuffed by certain abilities without reason (gara turrets and cain attacks).

6. Lane mechanics are non-existent because they are essentially DotA lanes (easy and hard lanes) but none of the DotA gameplay that makes laning interesting (trilanes and jungle pulling).

7. Some heroes really can't go anywhere because of their design and how the lanes are set up (Leo can't jungle or lane well).

8. Certain items are imbalanced for months without response from devs (shadomourne gara, dial micro, lockbox, cerebro I think as well?)

9. Heroes get random changes without consent from the community (Queen nerfs were in the wrong direction?)

10. Redhydra refuses to comment and discuss anything on the forums that would otherwise put him in conflict with anyone (talked to him about this actually)

And all in all, communication with Red and EKCO is difficult because no one can see eye to eye with them. I couldn't do it and Whale failed hard and I dunno how Quidditch is doing but it has been difficult to change their minds about something from my experience.

Here’s my two cents.

1. Gold generated from the lane is fine, but passive income may be too high. Denies aren’t worth much in terms of experience or money denial – they seem to be more effective at demoralizing. This is unlike previous versions where a good player could put their opponent significantly behind in levels by denying well. The only effective denial I see is in a 2v1 lane where the support prevents the enemy from getting close enough to get experience while the other freezes the lane. However, I think I remember someone saying mentioning after an IH that they had about the same net worth as someone with a similar KDA but over 100 more creep kills.

2. The bushes work (almost) perfectly now. I think there might still be a bug with siege creeps being able to see inside for a short time. And I believe this bug extends beyond just bushes, but being able to attack cloaked units for a short time right after they cloak too.

3. The Jungle is still a problem. One, because it is too easy to do for too many heroes and two, jungler’s are often the richest and most highly leveled heroes in the game.

4. Ranged heroes got their base damage nerfed, so they don’t clear it as fast but, again the jungle is too easy.

5. I like the way the jungle is organized in terms of the positioning. You are safe enough on your side but can take the risk to steal the enemies’ jungle as well.

6. I hate lockbox as do some others, but many others like it. I think both warp shard and taser are in a great place although I kinda wish warp shard gave different stats.

7. That’s not an easy comparison. If someone ganks you in your jungle and wins in a 1v1, there isn’t much more that comes out of it. If one or two people show up to gank your 1v2 lane, you will probably die and lose a tower. It’s more of the team fights/ganks that are powerful, securing boss/map control and killing towers. Follow these “too’s”: perhaps it is too beneficial for too many heroes to leave their lane too early.

8. I haven’t had experienced or heard of many turtlefests recently. The games that feel long often don’t even hit an hour (real time) which is good.

9. Maybe you shouldn’t be able to stack gold income items. But I don’t think they are a big problem.

10. Abilities from suggested heroes have been implemented but you are still correct that suggested heroes haven’t made it in to the game. I believe that will be changing shortly as Ekco is working on the three heroes from the recent hero showcase he conducted.

11. I think he reads enough. No need to be condescending, sir.

12. This isn’t true anymore. They help with taking bosses but aren’t too strong at doing this. I’m more concerned about the damage output of tassadar and grunty and the strength of damage amplification.

13. I agree with the mana cost issue. Items and talents make it really easy to use spells quite often early in the game and late game only few heroes have to even think about mana use. It’s not that the costs need to be higher in my opinion but the size of energy pools and natural regeneration are both too high.

14. They last long compared to LoL or DotA, but I don’t think they last too long. Right now, I just don’t like the truesight ward war we have going because scans were nerfed too much.

15. I don’t think lifesteal provides a significant advantage for aa heroes over casters. On the contrary, if a ranged hero picks up a Duran’s Pendant, they can regenerate a really high amount of mana while draining yours at the same time. Mana regen is far from absent.

Many of the points here are very true and should indeed to be addressed to make AoS more suitable for competitive scenes.

However, a lot of the points given are what our developers don't want to have.

It takes dedications, and patients to reason with our developers as they tend to have very strong believe in their way of designing the game.

By no means, they never get offensive when you suggest. They just ignore the suggestions if they don't like it.

I'd like to see our developers address the points above; however, I'd probably better off waiting for Aliens to catch them to brainwash them to listen to us.

Why would you say passive income is too high? This helps all heroes about the same and probably helps end games sooner. If it were slower, it would probably favor carries and high rate farmers more because heroes like Egon would get left in the dust by midgame.

Well considering they are carries they should prolly scale better as the game goes on. Heroes like Egon would then be forced to build support I suppose like in other MOBAs.

Hi guys i don't care about this game at all, I haven't played this game in years. But let me compile a list of complaints i had two years ago!!!!!@!!!! Maybe we can work together and get them resolved. Oh did i mention i haven't read a serious thread on this forum in years also??

But please make serious responses i will be sure to read them ;)

Hi guys i don't care about this game at all, I haven't played this game in years. But let me compile a list of complaints i had two years ago!!!!!@!!!! Maybe we can work together and get them resolved. Oh did i mention i haven't read a serious thread on this forum in years also??

It's what happens when you don't ask the fox what he says.

1. Gold generated from the farm in lane is too low

2. Since the gold generated from the farm in lane is low, denials are worth less, so what's the point?

3. Jungle creep are worth more than the creep in lane.

7. Ganking is worth more than farming a lane.

8. The final turrets are too hard to destroy and thus make the game a turtlefest in a way that everyone has max items.

9. Gold income items net more gold than actually farming.

8: Also been addressed, average games are around 45-50 mins with most heroes finishing 2-3 items for support/tank and 3-5 for crries/INT.

All of those flaws can be fixed by one simple change - make higher bounty (+50%) for killing creeps! It automatically will make jungling much less rewarding (balanced), last hitting/denying much more important, will add new dynamic to the game and make game faster, will nerf passive income and mineral items, will increase skill cap for all players, will prioritize last hitting over experience during laning faze so probably carries in double lane will be more common.

Right now its really stupid that support hero which rushed 2 mineral items has almost the same net worth late game as semi carry without them with many creep kills and similar amount of assists. Please make killing creep worth sth. Ability to last hit should define good carry player.

Long time ago developers made very bad change to creep waves - they doubled creep wave spawning rate but halfed mineral bounty from them. However creep wave were stacking to easily, so spawning rate was reduced from +100% to around +50%, but mineral bounty stayed at the same reduced level. That was the point when jungling become way too much rewarding, because there was much less minerals and experience from waves. Increase it and u fix that meta.

EDIT:

And I don't really understand mechanics behind increasing bounty over time for killing creeps and neutrals - they should have constant value, but simply higher early game

Edited by Spooky

Honored.