16/11/2013- added items icons, massive change to E

Project Finished

-18/11/2013- slight nerf to Q and Ult

Name: Stalker.

Portrait: Drone

Unit Base: Improved Drone (black)

Role: CC/Caster

Alignment:Evil

Script: A deadly ambush predator, Stalker can put down any prey that comes close.

Starting Stats:

Base Health – 320

Movement Speed –2.9

Attack Range –4.5

Attack Speed –1.8

Base Damage –46

Attack Name | Animation - Needle Spines | Hydralisk Attack

Base Armor – 1

Strength – 30 + 6 *

Agility – 22 + 4

Intelligence – 24 + 5

btn-ability-zerg-posthumousmitosis.jpg

Wild Dash [E]

"Stalker jumps towards target point or unit. If he jumped from a higher elevation, that unit is stunned for 2 seconds."

Cooldown: 9

Range: 7

In Depth Skill Explanation: Basically a free blink as heroic passive. Can stun if you jump from a cliff.

Animation: Flying Drone

Possible Uses:

Mobility and initiation.

When Playing:

• Use to escape or run away.
  • Ambush from on top of cliffs.
  • Will work even if the target knows you are there. If you are fighting someone near a cliff, you can quickly walk up it and then jump from it, stunning them.

When Playing Against:

• Be careful around cliffs
  • Know the dangers associated with chasing him into higher elevation

btn-upgrade-zerg-meleeattacks-level1-plus.jpg

Taloned Grip [Q]

"Stalker sinks his talons into the flesh of target enemy. For every 0.0625 units the enemy moves, he takes spell damage and has his movement speed is slowed by 4% for 1.5 seconds. Ability lasts for 5 seconds, or until target moves 2 units. While ability is active, Stalker cannot attack, but can use other abilities."

Level 1: Deals 7 + 2% int damage

Level 2: Deals 12 + 2% int damage

Level 3: Deals 17 + 2% int damage

Level 4: Deals 22 + 2% int damage

Energy Cost: 80/100/120/140

Cooldown: 13

Range: 2

In Depth Skill Explanation:

Animation: Regular Drone Claw Attack

Possible Uses:

Severely damaging anyone that tries to run away from you.

When Playing:

• Try to use when you know the enemy is going to try and run.

When Playing Against:

• Do not run in most situations, you will be massively slowed and take a LOT of damage.

btn-upgrade-zerg-missileattacks-level1-plus.jpg

Needle Swarm [W]

"Stalker releases a swarm of needles. Units hit by needles take spell damage and lose a percentage of their armor for 5 seconds. Each subsequent needle deals 15% less damage."

Level 1: Needles deal 15 + 30% int. Target's armor reduced by 3% per needle.

Level 2: Needles deal 30 + 30% int. Target's armor reduced by 6% per needle.

Level 3: Needles deal 45 + 30% int. Target's armor reduced by 9% per needle.

Level 4: Needles deal 60 + 30% int. Target's armor reduced by 12% per needle.

Energy Cost: 70/80/90/100

Cooldown: 18/16/14/12

Range: 7

Animation: Similar to that of Kraith

Possible Uses:

Damage, Armor reduction

When Playing:

• If in a teamfight, try and spread the damage, as needles concentrated on one target deal less damage
  • If vs just one enemy, try and get very close, so as to hit them all

When Playing Against:

• If alone stay far away
  • If in a teamfight, have someone take on for the team and take all the shots, as the damage on him will be less than that otherwise spread among the team

btn-techupgrade-terran-psioniclash-color.jpg

Crippling Pressence (Passive)

"Enemies within 5 units of Stalker have their cooldowns increased, and Stalker gains Strength based on the amount of enemies' spells on cooldown near him "

Level 1: cooldowns increased by 1 second, +1.5 str per spell on cooldown.

Level 2: cooldowns increased by 2 seconds, +2 str per spell on cooldown.

Level 3: cooldowns increased by 3 seconds, +2.5 str per spell on cooldown.

Level 4: cooldowns increased by 4 seconds, +3 str per spell on cooldown.

Energy Cost: -

Cooldown: -

Range: 5

Animation: Stalker develops a slight red glow

Possible Uses:

Tankiness during team fights, also, lower spell dps among enemies.

When Playing:

• Try and get close to enemies that have already used their abilities. They'll recharge slower, and you'll be tankier for it.

When Playing Against:

• Try to fight him guerilla-style. The moment you are not within 5 units of him, he looses all bonuses and you your debuff.

btn-ability-protoss-kineticimpulse-color-1.jpg

Sonic Micropulses [R]

"(Passive)If Stalker stays still for 3 seconds without attacking he automatically burrows. Attacking or moving will unborrow him.(Active) Stalker releases a pulse that deals damage in a radius of 4 units around himself. Enemies are also knocked away from him and silenced for a short duration. 2 Charges."["

Level 1: Deals 100 + 25% Int. Silences for 1.5 seconds

Level 2: Deals 200 + 25% Int. Silences for 2.25 Seconds

Level 3: Deals 300 + 25% int. Silences for 3 Seconds

Energy Cost: 75/125/175 per charge

Cooldown: 60/50/40 seconds per charge. 5 second cooldown in between charges

Range: 4 units around Stalker

Animation: Similar to Maar from v5

Possible Uses:

Knock back, deal damage and silence

When Playing:

• Flank and Knockback
  • Try to hit as many enemies as you can
  • Push targets away from one another, so you can isolate them easier

When Playing Against:

• Try and avoid getting hit, don't get caught out of position.

Item Recommendations

[table]

Starting Items

[td=1] :HuntersHatchet: Hunter's Hatchet [225]: Better lasthitting, and slightly more health[/td]

[td=1] :MetabolicBooster: Metabolic Booster [200]: More Strength, always good to have[/td]

[td=1] :HealthCapsule: Health Capsule x3 [180]: Sustain in lane[/td]

[td=1] :EnergyCapsule: Energy Capsule [40]: Sustain in lane[/td]

[/table]

[table]

Core Items

[td=1] :SuperheatedMantle: Superheated Mantle [2500]: HP, Armor, and great unique[/td]

[td=1] :ChillingArtifact: Chilling Artifact [2925]: Hp, Armor, Cdr, and another great AoE unique[/td]

[td=1] :YamatoReactor: Yamato Reactor [4300]: Great stats, and even better active[/td]

[td=1] :DarksteelTitan: Dark Steel Titan [3500]: Hp, Armor, great unique[/td]

[/table]

[table]

Luxury Items

[td=1] GravityEdge.png Gravity Edge [4125]: More int, and deadly unique to make your spell damage even more scary [/td]

[td=1] Atom_Smasher.png Atom Smasher [4000]: AoE slow that you can proc often. Good stats too.[/td]

[td=1] :BarbedPlating: Barbed Platting [2050: For problematic AA heroes.[/td]

[/table]

Cronos' Layout.

Edited by Doom

I'd like to say I like this hero with a couple of drawbacks. First, I have really no idea how powerful the Q is based on that 0.0625, and I'm too lazy to check with a calculator.

Second and more importantly, the ult is somewhat OP. That long of a silence would completely destroy teamfights, like magnetic link but twice and on a hero with other powerful abilities.

Last, please make it so that one of the abilities is purely passive. This can change the V to be that hotkey, and makes a hero lots more fun to play (that is the main reason I don't like lurker).

I'd like to say I like this hero with a couple of drawbacks. First, I have really no idea how powerful the Q is based on that 0.0625, and I'm too lazy to check with a calculator.

Second and more importantly, the ult is somewhat OP. That long of a silence would completely destroy teamfights, like magnetic link but twice and on a hero with other powerful abilities.

Last, please make it so that one of the abilities is purely passive. This can change the V to be that hotkey, and makes a hero lots more fun to play (that is the main reason I don't like lurker).

0.0625 = 1/16th, so you get a total of the damage * 32 if they can move the 2 units. It's a lot of damage, but they can avoid all of it by just turning around and attacking him, which is basically what the spell intends to do. Ult silence has an inbetween cooldown similar to rancor nukes, but is longer, so you cannot get a 7 second silence straight. I'll look into changing E into a passive.

His passive is great and unique, I love it. Your Q has too much base damage. At max level it has 800 base damage for full distance, and it is TRUE damage, which is insane. It needs to either not be true damage or have its base damage halved, and you can also proc all damage after 6, since your ulti knocks them back procing the damage. W is a good, simple spell. E is a cool and unique ability, and I like it a lot. The R silence duration is too long, reduce it by 1 each level and I think it is balanced.

His passive is great and unique, I love it. Your Q has too much base damage. At max level it has 800 base damage for full distance, and it is TRUE damage, which is insane. It needs to either not be true damage or have its base damage halved, and you can also proc all damage after 6, since your ulti knocks them back procing the damage. W is a good, simple spell. E is a cool and unique ability, and I like it a lot. The R silence duration is too long, reduce it by 1 each level and I think it is balanced.

Good call, I actually meant it to be spell damage, I just forgot to change it from a previous version where the ability was totally different. Also nerfed damage a very small bit. Ult I think is relatively balanced, considering it's got to be right beside you, unlike something like Zera's where he can place it quite far away. I did nerf it slightly, at higher levels, and increased in-between charge cooldown, so you may not get a chance to catch so many with the second one, even if you do unexpectedly jump in for the first wave.