What ultimates in AoS do you think are the strongest? (overall situations)

DavidChan

List at least 3 ultimate that you think are the most OP or most useful in the game in overall situation. Some ult may only be good in 1v1 battle, but useless in team fights. Some ults are generally good in all situation. Which are the ones that you think are most strongest in everything. Explain why?

example:

1. LZ's ult - Pretty simple. Giving your whole team massive armor boost to withstand a lot of burst dmg at once. (able to survive 1v1 to 1v3 against some of the strongest bursts. Amazing in team fight)

2. crackling's ult - 12 second of 60% movement speed, able to run in and out of zera's 6 sec bubble and run away from shadow's 4 sec ulti and come back in. Easily run away from Leo's speed boost, pentho's W, and able to run out of lz 8 sec? ulti and come back in when lz's armor is done. 12 seconds advantage over all other ultis which are 4-8 seconds. (amazing in 1v1 and still useful in teamfight as a finisher with its speed boost)

3. boros' ult - Can 1 hit almost any squeeshy heroes in most of the 1v1 situation. Late game can easily take out 1/3 squeeshy heroes in 1v3 situation. Probably the only ulti that can kill crackling's ulti at ease. (overall good 1v1 and still good in team fight against squeeshies)

My top 3 ultimates are:

1. LZ

2. Maar

3. Zera

If I had to pick three other ones, I would say:

1. Geneva (Who doesn't love invulnerability?)

2. Cain (Put down massive dmg on tower/aeon/levi in an instant and can sometimes "1 hit" squishy carries)

3. Cow (Ability to plop a large chunk of AOE damage anywhere on the map, mobile hospital, and low cd.)

My top 3 is

1. Leo ultimate. even if you die u can badly hurt if not kill enemy team that is close to each other.

2. Zeratul. When used properly u can easily kill 1 hero, possible 2 late game. if u have a good team and they are ranged they can take great advantage of it.

3. Boros. with crit build You can take out any hero 1v1. late game in a team fight u will hurt the enemy team so bad they are forced to heal.

Maar is the most versatile and useful ultimate with numerous applications.

There was a funny replay from the Core vs. SLP game from the last tourny. SLP was on Levi and Core groups on their Maar to port over to levi. Right when they pop in, Zera ult the entire 5 man Core team and they are all dead except maybe 1 before the zera Ult ends. The SLP team was just circled around the port spot ready to wail on them, it was hilarious.

There was a funny replay from the Core vs. SLP game from the last tourny. SLP was on Levi and Core groups on their Maar to port over to levi. Right when they pop in, Zera ult the entire 5 man Core team and they are all dead except maybe 1 before the zera Ult ends. The SLP team was just circled around the port spot ready to wail on them, it was hilarious.

Precise reason strongest ulti is entirely dependant on the player and the player.

In most IHs I wouldn't rate Zera's ultimate that high, just the players involved are unlikely to cause it to be an insta team wipe, due to people not being able to co-ordinate well enough. However I will treat this as high-tourney level play:

Zera

Rory

Maar

I remember old school tactics, Zera+Rory ultis, Zera+Kerrigan, Zera+Jackson. Dem team wipes.

Rory I rate due to the fact that it causes (or should cause) immediate dispersal of the other team.Rory's skill set also promotes other players to GTFO asap. Due to the complementary nature of his skills, it makes me pretty scared of that ulti.

Maar - tele.

I think we were called Gryffindor at the time. Because High wanted Tits + Sudds but red wouldn't allow that name. The very first tourney we won together red didn't put whale's full name on the loading screen also. It was just Whale. for obvious reasons

• 2 weeks later...

Then rory cyprus even with tue delay now and also bio

Rumour is this 'Tue' delay is an excuse when a certain Danish player doesn't do very well on other regions..But I won't go into that for fear of headsets all over the world and virgin uncorrupted dustbins. Won't be seeing any of it now for at least another year, unless Red changes his mind.

Maar - Mobility, what else do I need to say? Provides awesome map control, attacks, ganks, pushing and many other key factors to a decisive victory. All revolved around team play, not the loner hero.

LZ - those shields are great for a lot of things. Initiation, escaping, absorbing spells and dps and last option situations. Lots of uses that all revolve around the team, not the solo hero.

Drake - Stun, and health regeneration because of the main reason which is a huge AoE stun. But this stun has potential for more than just team initiation. If you initiated a team battle without frames ulti, say a lance and the team comes flying in you can wait to try and position that ulti in the best manner for capitalization on the engagement. If a team fight is going sour, a ulti from drake can change the tide of the engagement. If a drake is low hp, with proper equipment it's like drake reenters battle twice, because of the regeneration and other items to assist that regen (carapace and lifetech, slip tide, ect). Among other uses I didn't mention and again all for team play.

Honorable mention is raynor! His snipe, while not really a team engagement changer, it can however pick of fleeing enemies from a safe distance and eliminate them from possibly re-entering the battle and eliminting their potential to change the tide to the enemy's favor. That range combined with q makes deadly take downs from great distance without dangering raynor.

Among others not mentioned

-Stevie from Rory

-invulnerability from Medic

Both have great potential to change the tides of a team engagement but I feel as though my top 3 picks are most centered around team work, and team engements. I feel as though Stevie and invulnerable, are not as open for a variety of uses as the other 3 I picked.

Edited by NeVeRWiN