Immortal's pretty much impossible to kill with items for any aa's

zazzn

Seems like we have a hero here that is a one man wrecking ball in pubs...

Cerebro, dark titan, time splitter, paralax, shadow mourn...

I'm not quite sure what you are supposed to do here...

Tazer works for stopping the regen, but then you have aa and evasion to deal with and the ulti and shadowmourn where i guess a sowrdbreaker could come in, but still then you wont have the DPS to cut though the DST and paralax/shadowmourn health.

Suggestions?

Yes pyer doesn't work on shield's and the fact that the cerebro and w give him unlimited shield especially since his w works while moving now....

That tied with DST and the resistance it gives, slow and the fact that his passive hits twice with shadowmourn/timesplitter for evasion and stun, then of course the spell damage from cerebro along side with just about all the other things.

lol what? complains cause ONE particular hero won`t be completely obliterated by a+ click fest???

thats like "buuu huuuu I play nuke casters and boros won`t die to them with spellstorm o buuu huuu"

team game is team game...just ask some teammate to help you. Disablers will screw the abilities(either skills or items), tanks will scratch their heads at immortal`s "not so powerfull cannon" and whatever evasion and armor items he may stack will mean notheing to spellnukers 2000 damage.....and if one round of spells isn`t enough like someone said wipe the rest of the team.....once the second wave of spells is ready solidus will be immortal no more

Pyre helps.

But honestly, aside from his long range death cannon hes pretty useless. Dodge the attack as best you can and kill his team, then bother with murdering him.

The cannons used to deal tons of damage awhile ago. It was nerfed a lot recently. Consequently, the Cooldown was lowered.

Edited by Yamato

lol what? complains cause ONE particular hero won`t be completely obliterated by a+ click fest???

thats like "buuu huuuu I play nuke casters and boros won`t die to them with spellstorm o buuu huuu"

team game is team game...just ask some teammate to help you. Disablers will screw the abilities(either skills or items), tanks will scratch their heads at immortal`s "not so powerfull cannon" and whatever evasion and armor items he may stack will mean notheing to spellnukers 2000 damage.....and if one round of spells isn`t enough like someone said wipe the rest of the team.....once the second wave of spells is ready solidus will be immortal no more

First, being BM 99% of the time does not have a positive impact, so please be polite. As for your points, the immortal isn't to aa's as boros is to spell casters, because boros only has a certain amount of time to be immune, whereas immortal can shield away all of an aa's damage unless they are fed as well as taking a burst combo from a spell caster, which won't kill him either (it will get closer than aa though), and you now have wasted your burst on a tank without even getting the kill. Ignore the immortal until his team is dead and your squishy ranged aa will get face planted and aa'd+immo ulted to death. Disables do not screw up the immo's shields, they would just mess up the energy ability, active items, and the immo Q, and the immo doesn't require those to survive unless he is chain disabled for so long that he runs out of mana, which is unlikely.

First, being BM 99% of the time does not have a positive impact, so please be polite. As for your points, the immortal isn't to aa's as boros is to spell casters, because boros only has a certain amount of time to be immune, whereas immortal can shield away all of an aa's damage unless they are fed as well as taking a burst combo from a spell caster, which won't kill him either (it will get closer than aa though), and you now have wasted your burst on a tank without even getting the kill. Ignore the immortal until his team is dead and your squishy ranged aa will get face planted and aa'd+immo ulted to death. Disables do not screw up the immo's shields, they would just mess up the energy ability, active items, and the immo Q, and the immo doesn't require those to survive unless he is chain disabled for so long that he runs out of mana, which is unlikely.

ok ok my bad...

about the burst damage....I meant from 2 spellcasters.....I`ve seen this guy a lot in pubs now(and with good reason) and its only a problem vs the 3 carrys per team meta...with 2 nukers ive even seen lightning picks on this guy(like nuking him specifically and then strategic fallback to recharge spells....just like that.....go in, kill him, then retreat.....then go push again with all but ultimates recharged...actually this cann be done with against anyone that does not stack spell resist but immortal tends to be the squishiest of heroes that go up front showing off how immortal they are(pun half intended) lol....double nuking a disabled gravitus hasn`t worked so far and the escape mechanism even without a ward or dial is not a good idea to focus him.....immortal on the other hand,,,,

still I think its good that some hero can not die in 3 seconds due to aa clickfest late game...even if I don`t play him it makes things funnier on pubs at least and I play a lot of pubs so yeah, leave immortal be!!! he was already nerfed!

Edited by heimdallr

ok ok my bad...

about the burst damage....I meant from 2 spellcasters.....I`ve seen this guy a lot in pubs now(and with good reason) and its only a problem vs the 3 carrys per team meta...with 2 nukers ive even seen lightning picks on this guy(like nuking him specifically and then strategic fallback to recharge spells....just like that.....go in, kill him, then retreat.....then go push again with all but ultimates recharged...actually this cann be done with against anyone that does not stack spell resist but immortal tends to be the squishiest of heroes that go up front showing off how immortal they are(pun half intended) lol....double nuking a disabled gravitus hasn`t worked so far and the escape mechanism even without a ward or dial is not a good idea to focus him.....immortal on the other hand,,,,

still I think its good that some hero can not die in 3 seconds due to aa clickfest late game...even if I don`t play him it makes things funnier on pubs at least and I play a lot of pubs so yeah, leave immortal be!!! he was already nerfed!

The point is that he can stand there and tank an aa hero for very long periods of time, not that he can tank them for a few seconds. It is nigh impossible to kill him for aa's at all, and casters don't do so hot either unless they are supported by an aa to keep the shields down, and even then the immo can stun knife the aa hero to recharge shields and he is constantly dealing with ulti and aa, so he can get a kill, then make the other hero run since the shield regen can outregen their dps a lot of the time.

ive recently met some immortals players in pub that just went ihan and battery and after that he could 4o1 us lol. we havent had much burst damage but shields recharge in seconds if u have the energy, i think he shouldnt be able to maintain shields so long or he should not be able to regenerate shields so fast ...

i mean this char is basically an aa/tank hybrid with an extremly fast regeneration so that he can just outregen any non burst damage hero ... while still having the skillshot ability with the most range in the game and a passiv that does allow him to do aoe and good aa damage ... and i didnt even mention the ability to regen tons of energy to allies ...

true true....stunknife the aa hero...though in pubs you normally have 3 aa`s cause everyone wants to play them....I do, however see how it could be a problem in IH`s where you actually have role diversity and not everyone plays aa`s.....hence I do kinda concede that one, kind sir

Based on straighters comment: yes, it does seem one of those all in one heroes.....I do however like his energy support ability for the team...its something novel and unique to him basically(since noone plays egon anymore)

Aparently the best solution would be to allow him to mass shields(to be allowed to be tanky) but NOT allow him to replenish em fast during a battle(hence allowing players to wear them down if they can isolate him or damage over time him)

It`s just a tweak of numbers if you ask me. If i remember correctly he gains twice shields when he has not taken damage for some seconds and half that amount if he has tanken damage. So maybe instead keep the max value of shields as is but the "in battle" instead of being half of the max value, to become say quarter of that value. So getting shields WHILE in battle would become marginal and more important to amass them before battle or falling back for a while to regen them.

I've disliked his skillset and general hero concept from the beginning. He's boring to play, as he only has 1 skill. Sure, before level 15 or so you have to worry about balancing your Shields and your W, but after that, it's essentially endless shields. He's like playing as an AA hero with none of the worries of positioning that traditional AAs have because he's so tanky. Just walk into the enemy team with literally no worries of being killed. It'll take 2-3, usually 4 heroes focusing him for a good 10-15 seconds to bring him down. The only good way I've found to kill him is as Raynor or Darpa and get a tazer on top of your inherent silence, then hope your team can help bring him down (in Raynor's case especially).

I've disliked his skillset and general hero concept from the beginning. He's boring to play, as he only has 1 skill. Sure, before level 15 or so you have to worry about balancing your Shields and your W, but after that, it's essentially endless shields. He's like playing as an AA hero with none of the worries of positioning that traditional AAs have because he's so tanky. Just walk into the enemy team with literally no worries of being killed. It'll take 2-3, usually 4 heroes focusing him for a good 10-15 seconds to bring him down. The only good way I've found to kill him is as Raynor or Darpa and get a tazer on top of your inherent silence, then hope your team can help bring him down (in Raynor's case especially).

though I kind of agree I still want to make you notice tht what you describe is pretty much all typicall carries endgame....you know....full geared nova, kitty, sometimes ling, grunty to some extent...once they do gear its so hard to even counter except by another one of said characters....aa rulez

All of those end game carries are much easier to kill, they are much less tanky.

Problem with Immortal starts mid game when he is already hard to take down with less than 3 heroes. As far as I remember there is limit in amount of shield stacks he can get, but there is no limit in duration of ability (without counting mana pool). Why not just remove limit in stacks and replace it with limit in duration? And add cooldown to this ability based on last duration time. So if Immortal used ability for X seconds, cooldown would be even X seconds. This way Immortal wouldn't be able to use this ability for infinite time. And he would have to be more cautious when to use it.

Edited by Spooky

the problem is not q wtf, the problem is r with hardcore triggertiming... when he has 2k shields its something around 400spelldmg per second to nearby enemies, you got more than that + maybe he carries sunflare what works op on him. DsT chilling for all aa heros and spellbuffer for all int heros + nitrogen retrofit and gravity gg