Energy Saber

Straighter

Is it just me or does anyone else think this item is not balanced?

I understand the idea behind it but it any hero that relies on attack damage e.g.: zeratul/ling/cain

get:

+450 energy early /+1050 energy fully stacked

+15% cooldown reduction

+ about 60-70 attack damage early / at least 90 up to 120 attack damage late game

that way it solves any energy problem those heroes have and allow to spam their abilitiys

( -> nearly infinite heal for ling

-> more dps vs creeps )

and does add the mentioned massiv attack damage boost

it also allows to buy sunflare gun late game to add burst damage ...

so why wouldnt hero that needs attack damage not rush it or get it as 2 item? other items just cant offer as much advantages, or only for a really short window.

did i not see anything?

Edited by Straighter

Its quite expensive, and components are not that great. Other than that, its OP. If you won't get pushed really far behind while getting it, you will have a big advantage, but it is sometimes easy to ruin someone's early game if they are rushing for it. Therefore, it is best gotten on junglers or really hard laners that won't get shut down no matter what.

Personally, I propose you change it from max energy, to max int, and adjust numbers accordingly. It was IMO meant for something like hybrid/aa Null, Jakk, Rancor, Raynor, etc, not for nova, zera, ling.

Edited by Doom

I think it is very good on certain heroes. Most agi heroes with the exception of ling and zera need attack speed early and stacking agi is better for them lategame because it gives atk speed, weapon damage, and armor. Energy saber is very good on burst ad assassins like zera and ling, but cerebro and stars fury are normally better unless your opponent is stacking spell resist for int aa heroes.

I think it is very good on certain heroes. Most agi heroes with the exception of ling and zera need attack speed early and stacking agi is better for them lategame because it gives atk speed, weapon damage, and armor. Energy saber is very good on burst ad assassins like zera and ling, but cerebro and stars fury are normally better unless your opponent is stacking spell resist for int aa heroes.

yes but i feel like it is too strong, its an item for 3000 gold that solves all your energy problems and adds more damage than any other item late game (+cooldown reduction)

its really really strong on ling zera and cain .... i mean u can nearly get it as first (big) item ....

I just think it is originally designed to add damage to INT heroes, so .. in my opinion it should scale with INT or both INT and energy

yes but i feel like it is too strong, its an item for 3000 gold that solves all your energy problems and adds more damage than any other item late game (+cooldown reduction)

its really really strong on ling zera and cain .... i mean u can nearly get it as first (big) item ....

I just think it is originally designed to add damage to INT heroes, so .. in my opinion it should scale with INT or both INT and energy

As I said, it isn't great on all heroes, but on ling it is very strong, as davidchan said. For other heroes energy saber isn't as good because of a few reasons, the ones I can think of are that it doesn't stack fast enough on some heroes, they might not benefit from cdr, straight attack damage isn't as good as building agility on lategame agility carries, and it provides no utility, attack speed, or survivability.

Weapon damage is easily stackable so it's unique is not that great. It's a midgame item that solves energy problems with a damage boost. It's really a build on ling that requires alot of farm. Ling can build BHM straight into galatic defender and would be better off unless he has been farming very well. However, one must realize the correlation of ling's quote opness with energy saber is not directly with ling itself, but indirectly with BHM for the most part.

What I'm getting at is if you nerf energy saber simply for ling and zeratul (who build BHM) then no hero would ever buy energy saber because it really isn't that great of an item. In other words, energy saber is only seen as a problem on burst heroes with BHM for that ridiculous mid game output. The scaling on BHM was nerfed from 125% to 110% I believe, and it is still under observation for the correct value.

Maybe increase the price of BHM...

Or as was suggested, change it to scaling with Int, but don't allow the item to give a good chunk of Int like it does energy. This would stop BHMers like ling and Zera from getting it, unless they do a Quidditch Shadow Int burst build...

Though changing scaling to Int would probably mean changing the overcharge item out of the recipe... And it's nice having 2 items that that item builds into(kinetic battery I believe).

No INt hero aside from Null carries this item. Even Null will usually go Star's/cerebro. Jakk usually goes Pyre/Nitro/Cerebro/Gravity for INT/AA. Most other heroes don't have the skillset/mobility/range to go full INT/AA, hence can't make use of the item. It's only really good on Zera and Ling as a mid game item. I don't see how people think it's OP.

I completly disagree about changing saber to int. Like this game dont have enough dps on int spell heroes (this is just really stupid for good moba)

Int heroes currently can dishout so much dmg (dps) and also have usefull spells.

I can't understand logic and mentality of new or not experienced enough people in moba to nerf agi carries and keep buffing other heroes. To cry when true carry kill them and brings dmg.

Oh I see what you're saying now

I see your confusion now... I went directly from talking about BHM to saber without mentioning it lol.

I guess to summarize problems with the item:

May synergize too well with BHM and heroes with skills that scale with weapon damage.

It is viable on very few heroes.

So essentially it needs a functionality change, a buff in some respects and nerfs in others.

No INt hero aside from Null carries this item. Even Null will usually go Star's/cerebro. Jakk usually goes Pyre/Nitro/Cerebro/Gravity for INT/AA. Most other heroes don't have the skillset/mobility/range to go full INT/AA, hence can't make use of the item. It's only really good on Zera and Ling as a mid game item. I don't see how people think it's OP.

Go rancor with sunflare/fury, Energy saber,( Ihan), eternity, phantom menace, yamato and timespliiter... you won't think so anymore

Go rancor with sunflare/fury, Energy saber,( Ihan), eternity, phantom menace, yamato and timespliiter... you won't think so anymore

Glass cannon builds will always produce seemingly good results as far as damage out. This build would put you around 1800 HP, which is exceptionally low, even for Rancor. With this low of HP, you're banking on them either ignoring you in a teamfight (which won't happen in an organized game) or that you will be able to burst them down before they can kill you with your Nuke, Snipe, Nuke, TS, Sunflare. This hybrid AA build can do immense damage, yes, but is too squishy to work against a good opponent.

For burst oriented builds on Rancor, you're better off getting Star's, cerebro, and sunflare. With the timesplitter and energy saber, you're really only able to get those 2-3 AAs in after the snipe, nuke because you are far too squishy to stand toe to toe with an AGI, STR, or even other INT heroes. The only scenario where this INT/AA hybrid build shines is when the team fight is over and everyone is super low, which is not the job of Rancor.