How do you build the new egon?

heimdallr

I was trying egon the other day and it felt so weak....debuffed into oblivion...it doesn`t seem to do good damage so spell dps builds failed...the healing capability also seems so weak so making him all tanky support doesn`t seem that much helpful...how do you build this guy and do great things?(uber support or get some kills)

Seems that all he has going for him is his incorporated W silence and if all team groups up his E can be of some use considering the TOTAL amount of life healed

some tips on what I might be missing? I know someone like moo moo cow or some exclusive aa click carry fest will come here to tell me.....that he is just support and that I should build him like that.....but even as a support he seems so weak.....do I just buy aura items and stand on the back?

you dont pick him because he sucks. He cant heal, support or do dmg and his silence is outclassed by so many others. And i think a level 4 E is canceled out by a lvl 1 Tosh E. Egon E is really only helpful after a teamfight, other team shouldnt be stupid enough to engage while your allies are standing in aura (at least i would hope not).

Edited by Figgonson

yeah but even then carries hela faster attacking creeps and theres organic for tankier builds....even life regen from items seems to make egon irrelevant...like you suggest his E should at least be kinda on par with tosh`s or something

even with nitro the lasting effect is sooo short...specially now that aoe is faster speed...the most i`ve gotten out of egon is 2v1 or 3v1 when an enemy is escaping i just ulti nitro + Q and keep silencing and nitroing so that team can get the kill on a fleeing drake or micro....but thats it....and its the same job than greelus could`ve done with nitro but with better silence, damage and duration....not to mention AOE with R and that the nitro seems to stack with Q...

so...I gotta believe there must be SOMETHING I`m missing...some way people make this guy viable in IH or premades but I can`t find them

I also looked through all the item stuff and the most I would get is one of those bhm kinda weapons to alternate some effect....like atom one .....or the amplify healing effects.....but that also requires you to actually do some healing to amplify it percentually...and the atom thing is just not good late game by itself except for the slow...1 item dude....1 flobbing item! and its an expensive one

I know but in the old days i`d get some kills that were running away (with Q + ulti)...

support.....greelus int tank or tank utility

geneva int pure support or utility support or aa support or tanky + any combination of the later

jackson: all intel responsive aoe nuker(you enter AFTER the battle has begun instead of classic initiator role), tanky initiator, intel tanky stuff(more like whatever your team needs stuff)

all of this give me fun times and all, but I haven`t played edgon in soooo long that I wanted to make it work so bad....well....I`ll have to wait for patch SOON (trade mark)

He used to be fun, but was always auto'd. I thought it was from lag and not OPness, even though he can be OP. At this point though, he should just be removed from the game. Switch to Justicar tanky/support and throw down his E for sustain. My biggest complaint is his big ugly shap stained medic suit. Was his avatar the cause of the lag or something? Anyways, he's so UP that nobody has ever choses him anymore. I used to enjoy him, now he's just bad.

He is no longer a viable hero. I used to play him a lot and would have fun doing an AA/Int/Tank build but that went away with item changes and major reductions to his spell damage. I still enjoy the challenge of pubbing with him as he is the most extreme button masher hero but he isn't good 1v1 at all...

The best use for him now is to put him in a carry's lane and help the carry get kills. If you can get a few assists/kills then he can slightly viable mid-game.

Starfury on him about 6 months ago was hilarious because every time he cast a spell, it would flash super bright and blind everyone in the game. It was a glitch but the item was great in pubs because if you could get to it, nobody seemed to understand how to counter AA egon...

He was literally the most broken hero in the game. In terms of damage cc and sustainability.

Nitro procs on his Q for ever slowing enemies while dealing massive dmg. Every so much so when his w scaled at 100% int

Seriously this hero gets a massive int boost move speed boost and debuff immunity on his ult.....

He is still a strong hero. But not the hyper carry he once was.

He was literally the most broken hero in the game. In terms of damage cc and sustainability.

Nitro procs on his Q for ever slowing enemies while dealing NO dmg. Every so much so when his w scaled at 100% int

Seriously this hero gets a massive int boost move speed boost and debuff immunity on his ult.....

He is still a strong hero. But not the hyper carry he once was.

fixed