Can we all agree Greelus needs a buff?

SickofOP

From my perspective, and playing him a few times in the past few days, this hero honestly seems completely useless. He's supposed to be a support unit with intel, yet has no support spells, and his intel spells do a maximum of 100 damage + 30% intel. I've tried numerous builds on him, and nothing seems to work right now. I've yet to see him played in pubs, and I honestly don't think I will if he's this weak.

I don't see Greelus as a support such as maar, jackson, null, garabond or any other of the current intel and support units. This may be partially due to the fact that if you're playing support, getting up close and personal to use your irradiate as well as silencing, tend to be at the cost of your life, whereas these other heroes have range, and more useful abilities (I.e stun, silence for a longer period, shields, scan, mines for detection, etc). I don't think Greelus needs a big buff, but one that's at least noticeable, he/she is SO BORING.

These are just my thoughts on Greelus, anyone else agree that he's too weak right now?

Additionally, thank you all for your thoughts and opinions.

Edited by SickofOP

Greelus is fine how he is. He is a cc hero with his large zone control, silence and 2 very spammable Spells, one that does slow and the other that ids arguably one of the best DOT with great aoe. I recently did a guide on him.

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/4862-greelus-humankind-castertanksupport-build/#entry84238

If you think he isn't strong enough, your probably not playing him in his proper role or your build is jacked.

I agree he needs a buff. I've played him a lot, mostly because I like underused heroes.

If you play him tanky, then you can contribute more to the team, but obviously a strength hero is better suited in that role. If you play int, then you'll be stuck behind the rest of the team, making your W shields and E silence useless, both due to range. Sneak a bit closer to launch your silence and you're just going to feed.

IMO he needs two simple buffs to make him viable. First increase the casting range of his drones, at least equal to Raynors silence. Raynor sits at the back of a team and casts his silence instantly, whereas Greeks has to move near the front and stil the drones aren't instant. The skill difference between these two silence abilities is significant.

The second change would be to limit sight for people in his ultimate. It's meaningless to reduce people's sight, then add it back in from shared vision from creeps and allies. If you're in his cloud, your vision range should be 6 without any shared vision from anywhere else. This would make it a real strategic skill then.

Greelus is a she??^^

Anyway, don't say pub players need buffs, people are getting dumber by the day on average.

Honestly, I think he (or she, whatever), is fine on balance note, but like Doom said, sooooo boring. Give him something interesting, like an actual skillshot (not like his ult, that is too simple)

Actually, I think pubs are slowly improving, the quality of play that I see when I'm punning is a lot higher than a few months ago, and I think it is better than when I first started, but I was too bad to really be a judge of that.

I agree he needs a buff. I've played him a lot, mostly because I like underused heroes.

If you play him tanky, then you can contribute more to the team, but obviously a strength hero is better suited in that role. If you play int, then you'll be stuck behind the rest of the team, making your W shields and E silence useless, both due to range. Sneak a bit closer to launch your silence and you're just going to feed.

IMO he needs two simple buffs to make him viable. First increase the casting range of his drones, at least equal to Raynors silence. Raynor sits at the back of a team and casts his silence instantly, whereas Greeks has to move near the front and stil the drones aren't instant. The skill difference between these two silence abilities is significant.

The second change would be to limit sight for people in his ultimate. It's meaningless to reduce people's sight, then add it back in from shared vision from creeps and allies. If you're in his cloud, your vision range should be 6 without any shared vision from anywhere else. This would make it a real strategic skill then.

Raynors silence is a skill shot, greelus is point and click. He use to have greater range as well as base dmg on spells and vastly higher int scaling. He was nerfed for a reason. I'm only a pub player myself, but I agree with eternity. Greelus is fine as is, just bc he requires a little more patience and possibly even skill to get maximum usage doesn't mean he is UP. If you want easy mode play shade or nova.

Raynors silence is a skill shot, greelus is point and click. He use to have greater range as well as base dmg on spells and vastly higher int scaling. He was nerfed for a reason. I'm only a pub player myself, but I agree with eternity. Greelus is fine as is, just bc he requires a little more patience and possibly even skill to get maximum usage doesn't mean he is UP. If you want easy mode play shade or nova.

If he's fine, then why does nobody play him? I don't think I even hear about him being played IH much either. The only replay I've seen posted of him, he did very badly.

His silence as I said is not instant and has a short cast range, so does that mean a support hero should be near the front in order to cast it? If he's near the front, then he better tank up a bit or else he's easy pickings for a bunch of nukers. Calling Raynors silence a "skill shot" is a joke, because it's easy compared to timing when greelus should cast his to have any significannt effect. Plus you have to target someone, you can't just aim in the general direction. Raynor easily silences people out of sight range, which is impossible for greelus since you can't target anyone. therefore it's 10x more skill to have an effect with greelus.

I am willing to learn though, so anyone please elaborate how he is a "support"? If he's just supposed to be dropping his R canisters to add a little bit of damage while you're carry kills, I don't see how 1 second in the cloud contributes much of anything in terms of damage. Perhaps these R canisters are meant to be spread around to discourage people from going in them? Be honest, nobody is afraid on going in them like they are tosh's tazzerine cloud, because tosh's does much more damage.

I think the people saying that he's fine, but they don't play him because he's boring have no perspective. It's boring because he has no role other than carry around auras. If thats how you're playing "support", well any character can do that. Put those same aura items on Rory or Raynor and you're infinitely more useful to the team. Please show me any replay possible to prove me wrong, because the best play I've seen was with him being a tank.

Very few people like to play support heroes... Especially in a pub where you have a bad team, a support can only do so much for them.

As Eternity said, he is the closest thing to a full support that AoS has that doesn't directly positively affect team mates. He is a cross between Null and Medic IMO. Null is zone and CC support like him, but Null has much more to him with more effective damage and AA. Medic is a team-buff support with her heals, team shields, CC from Flare, and give allies invincibility and Greelus lacks the team-buff part.

I would not mind giving him a slight buff or some skill set change as he is rarely used in IH.

I tend to agree that Greelus is UP at the moment. Sometimes I think people get UP confused with "useless". Greelus is most definitely not useless. Used properly that silence can be quite strong as can the AoE. I do feel that you're almost always better off selecting a different hero, which is what UP really means. Generally that better hero is going to be Raynor, Jackson, Maar, or Jakk. If the team is looking for silence capabilities Raynor's silence shot hits more targets and is generally better in the hands of a good player. If the team needs AoE damage/AoE CC, Jackson, Maar, or Jakk are all superior options IMO.

For those that disagree, do any of you mind uploading a replay? I'd be curious to see a game where a Greelus clearly turned the course of a game in a manner that one of the aforementioned heroes wouldn't have performed better.

Actually, I think pubs are slowly improving, the quality of play that I see when I'm punning is a lot higher than a few months ago, and I think it is better than when I first started, but I was too bad to really be a judge of that.

Depend on who you meet, all I ever meet is a cow who trap himself in his wall and a everysingle crit zera who don't know how to use his E... Pretty much gave up on pubs already.

If he's fine, then why does nobody play him? I don't think I even hear about him being played IH much either. The only replay I've seen posted of him, he did very badly.

His silence as I said is not instant and has a short cast range, so does that mean a support hero should be near the front in order to cast it? If he's near the front, then he better tank up a bit or else he's easy pickings for a bunch of nukers. Calling Raynors silence a "skill shot" is a joke, because it's easy compared to timing when greelus should cast his to have any significannt effect. Plus you have to target someone, you can't just aim in the general direction. Raynor easily silences people out of sight range, which is impossible for greelus since you can't target anyone. therefore it's 10x more skill to have an effect with greelus.

I am willing to learn though, so anyone please elaborate how he is a "support"? If he's just supposed to be dropping his R canisters to add a little bit of damage while you're carry kills, I don't see how 1 second in the cloud contributes much of anything in terms of damage. Perhaps these R canisters are meant to be spread around to discourage people from going in them? Be honest, nobody is afraid on going in them like they are tosh's tazzerine cloud, because tosh's does much more damage.

I think the people saying that he's fine, but they don't play him because he's boring have no perspective. It's boring because he has no role other than carry around auras. If thats how you're playing "support", well any character can do that. Put those same aura items on Rory or Raynor and you're infinitely more useful to the team. Please show me any replay possible to prove me wrong, because the best play I've seen was with him being a tank.

I play him quite often. Playing him tanky is support with korhals buffer chilling nitrogen. The fact you can blanket silence a whole team with him more than makes up for any delay in the cast. That just means you got to adjust your to play to take into account the delay. When I get a chance in the next couple days I'll post a replay of you wish.

Just because he is under played doesn't mean he is under powered.

I play him quite often. Playing him tanky is support with korhals buffer chilling nitrogen. The fact you can blanket silence a whole team with him more than makes up for any delay in the cast. That just means you got to adjust your to play to take into account the delay. When I get a chance in the next couple days I'll post a replay of you wish.

Just because he is under played doesn't mean he is under powered.

yes please post a replay, I'd really like to see what sets him apart from raynor carrying the same items.

Couldn't agree more. And that's the crux of the whole OP UP complaints across the board with AOS

He's not technically hard to play like jakk, maar, rory, or zera, but takes understanding of the game. Positioning and timing are key.

Edit: to be entirely honest, I haven't seen him picked inhouse for a long time. Maybe since before he stopped being auto banned a few months ago.

Edited by ginosaji

Greelus isn't played because he is rather hard to be good with.

that being said, hes boss mode if you actually know how to use him.

I'm trying to learn here, because I would honestly like to play him as my main. What do you mean by "boss mode"? Can he take on zeratul, micro or shadow by himself? From the suggestions I've read so far his role is to carry the aura items for everyone else. Kinda like a pack mule. A STR hero carrying auras is more use than an INT hero carrying auras.

It's like people are saying he's fine when they rarely (if ever) play him. Sure he's super reliant on understanding the game, but that's because you need that to merely stay alive. He's not like Dustin or Maar with a steep learning curve, because he has no high damage output like they do.

The best description I've read about him is that he's just there to annoy the other team.

She's the closest hero to a support role in AoS (However, he is still not a real support).

She's great in team game and not so great in pub since there are no teamwork to speak of.

Nope, she does not need a buff. The pub players are the one that need the buffs.

That ugly and bald scientist is a "she"? lol