Shadow guide ( due to the high amount of requests)

John

Alright, being a pubstar and all, I'll tell you how it's done, read the following ( extremely carefully. You might as well do it a few times as you won't have to spend more time looking for another guide. You simply wont find another guide being as effective as this one).

YOU ARE SHADOW, Rambo of sotis, you don't need a team. Obviously the best player in the team goes shadow, and to reach ur max potential as the best player, with the best character, you will take the most skill required task, AKA the jungle.

As you will have a significant much higher income due to your competence of last hitting neutrals, you open up with hunters-->machette--> culling--> lethal--> axe. This will not only allow you to farm neutrals in a second, it will also allow dominate the mid game in damage output as well as the rest of the game.

Don't bother with nonsense like shinobi and phase cloak for obvious reasons ( You have shade, vortex and a passive that nullifies the use of that item) Just go with the open I suggested, then work on a galactic defender / cont shard

Now for the less obvious stuff, how it's done:

You may think a real pro goes haste or some other clown build? This isn't the case, GO 2,4,0 talent because that's what a man gets, we aren't going to play the usual puss-style shadow here.

Fortify is what the pros put on there shadow.

The way you is that you man up, not like the usual retarded shadow that runs in with haste and dies 1 vs 5. Instead you do a man, like a real fking gangster. This doesn't mean that you aren't going to do the standard pub shap where you go in 1 against 5, because that's actually exactly what we are going to do here, but with style:

Throw down a vortex on the least retarded opponent in enemy team, as he might scan you or w.e. at the same time you throw down ur ulti, take out a couple preferably stunners, use your vortex again on whoever is the biggest threat to cancel your luda while you pick off another guy. Once you are low hp ( the lower longer you can wait the better) activate ur galactic AND fortify and just take a piss the remaining heroes while you basically sit there with another ulti in terms of time and armour + spell resistance higher than starscream and drake have combined.

Now if you were up against some trashtalking little *, you hit the pause button and ask him / them to uninstall the game. ( this last step is situational while the other steps are mandatory)

UPDATE 1)

EDIT: Adjusted item build into and attached a replay.

Hunters--> machette, --> Lost treasure --> Stun knife ---> pyre --> galectic ( Galectic is ur core item and I wouldn't recommend going up against more than 2 people at a time until you have it.)

Next up is explosive --> eternity --> time splitter --> Shadowmourne. (Note this is the standard build that will work in 9/10 games without having to adapt it).

The replay is a random pub, partly premade, Knowing that one of the guys in the premade plays shadow more frequent than SUPERMANA I decide to show how it's done properly.

http://www.speedysha...Rambo.SC2Replay

Might not be the funniest to watch but it has a few amusing moments. Let's get some more shadows into pubgames!

Edited by John

You're prose so completely envelops the reader in the utter dominance which is Shadow. It brought a tear to my eye imagining the skillful dexterity needed to execute such a delicate, yet perfectly balanced and dominant build/playstyle. Could you send me some replays demonstrating the use of such overpowered micro skills that you allude to? Whenever I play shadow, I only get triple kills, I must not be pushing one of my buttons at the correct time.

open

1. machete

2. occolets

3. energy saber

4. finish black hole 125% wep dmg as spell

5. phase cloak

6. flair gun

7. yamato reactor + 25% spell dmg

8. finish flair into sun flair 200 dmg + 20% of max enegery as spell

9. finish phase into shinobi 100 + 50% spell damage. 14 second cloak on a 20 second cd 20% move speed 35 agi 80 wep dmg 250 health, just a ridiculous item

10 gravity edge +20% dmg you deal before mitigation is dealt as true damage

11. Buy consumable Adrenalin 18 agi that scales into wep dmg, And + 10% wep damage

burst hybrid int shadow build. run in with yamato press q(270 dmg plus 60% wep dmg) auto attack, use sun flair get kill run away with vortex in extreme chases use ult.

Int is useless u say? Int scales with energy, energy scales with wep damage, wep dmg scales with your q shinobi and black hole.

You end up with 600+ wep damage and with yamato 25% time, shinobi 20% move speed and your passive +21% move speed your fast as hell.

who needs cyprus when you can make any hero viable as a burst caster because of the ridiculous scaling on items.

Do same build on kerry, but LOL when ur ult 200 + 50% int is killing people left and right along with your q 150 +35% wep on a single pass.

open

1. machete

2. occolets

3. energy saber

4. finish black hole 125% wep dmg as spell

5. phase cloak

6. flair gun

7. yamato reactor + 25% spell dmg

8. finish flair into sun flair 200 dmg + 20% of max enegery as spell

9. finish phase into shinobi 100 + 50% spell damage. 14 second cloak on a 20 second cd 20% move speed 35 agi 80 wep dmg 250 health, just a ridiculous item

10 gravity edge +20% dmg you deal before mitigation is dealt as true damage

11. Buy consumable Adrenalin 18 agi that scales into wep dmg, And + 10% wep damage

burst hybrid int shadow build. run in with yamato press q(270 dmg plus 60% wep dmg) auto attack, use sun flair get kill run away with vortex in extreme chases use ult.

Int is useless u say? Int scales with energy, energy scales with wep damage, wep dmg scales with your q shinobi and black hole.

You end up with 600+ wep damage and with yamato 25% time, shinobi 20% move speed and your passive +21% move speed your fast as hell.

who needs cyprus when you can make any hero viable as a burst caster because of the ridiculous scaling on items.

Do same build on kerry, but LOL when ur ult 200 + 50% int is killing people left and right along with your q 150 +35% wep on a single pass.

You didn't inspire me with awesome descriptions of your give-zero-flobs attitude. Build ignored.

YOU ARE SHADOW, Rambo of sotis, you don't need a team. Obviously the best player in the team goes shadow, and to reach ur max potential as the best player, with the best character, you will take the most skill required task, AKA the jungle.

LOL, you said Shadow while writing a Nova guide! Egg on your face!

Also regarding the 1v5 fight, don't forget about waiting until the rest of your team has been wiped, you want them focused on watching you while they're respawning.

John... Your build is just too good, I just want to ask a question.

- How do you pause a pub game ? Strange I can't find pause in the legendary F10 button...

PS : Please pinned this guide, this must be saved for generations to learn.

Edited by Lios

John... Your build is just too good, I just want to ask a question.

- How do you pause a pub game ? Strange I can't find pause in the legendary F10 button...

PS : Please pinned this guide, this must be saved for generations to learn.

There's a button called Pause / Break right over Page up. Hit that for an even quicker pause just as the luda shows up.

• 1 month later...