Str, agi, and int potions

Moo

The strength potion is so much better than the other two potions IMO, I feel that the str potion should be nerfed slightly and the other two be slightly buffed. The str potion is great in almost all stages of the game, whereas the other two are mainly just useful when you are maxed out. Tankiness is a stat everyone wants, and since everyone can use it effectively I think that it should be nerfed a bit so that it isn't more powerful than the other potions. The agi potion could have an added unique effect like giving a on-hit effect (slowing on aa, gaining movespeed on aa, etc.). The int potion could gain more int or cdr along with an energy regen buff, since I feel that it is the weakest out of all the potions.

While it is true that resilience is a factor from which every hero gains benefit, it is necessary to consider the typical roles of each stat, AGI, STR, and INT.

Typically, the roles of AGI and INT heroes are meant as damage-inflicters, so they gain the full benefit of weapon damage or cooldown reduction and weapon damage from stat points. A STR hero will likewise gain 9 weapon damage from stat points and resistance and HP.

But the damage from STR points for a STR hero is not very relevant to the role of the hero. What is a Drake or a Brine to do with 9 more weapon damage? STR bruisers would rather gain more offensive benefit from an Adrenaline in the form of attack speed and a 10% increase in weapon damage.

So Tea Extract's major benefit is only from its HP and resistance while in contrast AGI and INT potions give their respective benefits and one more in the form of 'relevant' damage.

Still, in your defense, the universality of health is truely gold.

If anyone wishes to calculate, consider that Adrenaline gives 18 Agi, which is 3 fusion blades, or 525 minerals. Blinkmoth serum gives 3 temporal platings, worth 450 minerals. 180 hp, the amount Tea extract gives, is worth 475 minerals of emerald mox.

While it is true that resilience is a factor from which every hero gains benefit, it is necessary to consider the typical roles of each stat, AGI, STR, and INT.

Typically, the roles of AGI and INT heroes are meant as damage-inflicters, so they gain the full benefit of weapon damage or cooldown reduction and weapon damage from stat points. A STR hero will likewise gain 9 weapon damage from stat points and resistance and HP.

But the damage from STR points for a STR hero is not very relevant to the role of the hero. What is a Drake or a Brine to do with 9 more weapon damage? STR bruisers would rather gain more offensive benefit from an Adrenaline in the form of attack speed and a 10% increase in weapon damage.

So Tea Extract's major benefit is only from its HP and resistance while in contrast AGI and INT potions give their respective benefits and one more in the form of 'relevant' damage.

Still, in your defense, the universality of health is truely gold.

If anyone wishes to calculate, consider that Adrenaline gives 18 Agi, which is 3 fusion blades, or 525 minerals. Blinkmoth serum gives 3 temporal platings, worth 450 minerals. 180 hp, the amount Tea extract gives, is worth 475 minerals of emerald mox.

However, the str potion is useful on everyone except a very select few heroes once they have a core item or two IMO. The agi potion is never as good as the str potion until you have an almost full build on a high weapon damage hero that uses aa a lot. The int potion is never as good as the str potion except on a few casters that have huge range and low CDs (raynor, Dustin, cow). The str potion is just so much more powerful, generic, and it is extremely useful for a large part of the game. I think that the str potion's damage resist part should be lowered slightly (8%?) and maybe the str part also (15?). Just small nerfs that don't affect it too badly, but lower its power in comparison to the other potions. I think the other potions should be slightly buffed because even with a few small nerfs to str potion I would still consider it more useful on most heroes.

Both those may be true (I'm a bit skeptical of the int potion on nully and queen, but I haven't tested it), but I still feel that the strength potion outclasses the other two until endgame on all but a few heroes, like queen, Dustin, cow, who have low cd long range spells and shouldn't take too much damage if they play properly in midgame teamfights, unless the enemy team has a good flanking hero.

yes cause a 250 consumable that gives 18 agility and easily around 50+ wep damage to any agi carry post lvl 16 needs to offer them 10% move speed also..... Seeing that the Hyperion incinerator cost 2k+ and offers 55 wep dmg

All of the potions are ridiculous strong for there cost and duration time.

I agree that they are very strong, but I feel that the str potion is stronger than the other two, so I want the playing field to be even. What are your thoughts on the best potion? Also, Jessika was saying 10% weapon speed, not movespeed.