Add 1 additional item slot for a price

ProfKahan

Hi Guys

Just a suggestion and nothing more. I apologize if somebody else made a similar suggestion before.

What if it were possible to add an additional item slot (i.e item slot number 7) for let's say at a cost of 10 000 minerals?

It would only affect very late game, because when else will you have 10 000 minerals to waste.

As a result, if a match is so evenly matched and it becomes redundant late game, how about being able to add one more slot so that we won't be limited to only 6 items. A 7th item may make the game quite interesting.

This is completely open to discussion, criticism, changes, further effects, etc.

Regards

To be fair, if you have to buy this 7th slot then it won't ever favour the winning team because the winning would have won if they are winning by far. This will typically only affect very even matches in the late game. It may be useless in most games I suppose, but with that in mind we know that it won't affect most games, and what's the harm in adding it into the game?

To be fair, if you have to buy this 7th slot then it won't ever favour the winning team because the winning would have won if they are winning by far. This will typically only affect very even matches in the late game. It may be useless in most games I suppose, but with that in mind we know that it won't affect most games, and what's the harm in adding it into the game?

LOL, not really, especially when 2 teams are caught defenseless against each other and dps's just farm and farm, they may both have 10k, doesnt necessarily mean that 1 team must be ahead. ProfKahan, you know that it won't affect most games, why add it in? Every item has it's own purpose, you don't add an item in that is useless which nobody will buy

There are two games within aos: ih and pubs.

ih: Pretty much all ih games are over before players get maxed out. Teams tend to surrender when they realise that they have no hope of making a comeback. So this suggestion won't affect ih much at all.

pubs: Nobody cares. Pub games last forever because of lack of teamwork. It's hard enough to break the base already, but when your team of 5 carries isn't playing together it takes a hell of a long time. Players can just turtle and refuse to surrender, which drags the game out. Therefore, this suggestion is just a band-aid fix to the long pub game problem, and so should not be implemented.

This 7th item slot doesn't sound like a good idea, having an extra slot would just make the game go wild. Tons of balances on the game will need to be made Just for this 7th slot. 6 slots is plenty and more than enough. In my experience, by the time any particular hero in the game is maxed, you won't need to ward as you would be pushing them in base and ending it by then. And if you're referring to mid game where u have all 6 of the slots filled and have no room for a ward/wards it just means bad planning in build order, I myself always leave 1 slot empty just incase I need to buy a ward or anything.

A ward slot isn't needed because you can just drop an item in the pool and pick it back up later. In LoL where this isn't the case it might be excusable, but it's not needed here.

The problem is that at 6 items everyone will have an elixir, making wards mostly useless except as a form of early warning.

Edited by FruitNinja

A ward slot isn't needed because you can just drop an item in the pool and pick it back up later. In LoL where this isn't the case it might be excusable, but it's not needed here.

The problem is that at 6 items everyone will have an elixir, making wards mostly useless except as a form of early warning.

I think early warning is great....I have always been somewhat frustrated late game not being able to ward a lot of places because I have all 6 item slots filled. Even if there are true sight elixers for every one, there are lots of hidey holes that you can drop the wards and there is still a chance that the opponent might miss it, and of course even if they destroy it you can still see them (if you are paying attention, and late game it doesn't matter if you lose them since you have so much money) And in case anyone suggests it, I am not going to drop a item in pool, buy wards, go drop them, and then port back. That is just a waste of time. I like the idea of a item slot just for consumables.