HOTS [HERO] Arkath

Soundwave

RRkYApS.jpgI have created this hero INSTEAD of Ancient Mitoscarab (my first hero). Pls answer these questions: Do you like the basic idea of the hero? I know it need more balancing but which ability do you find op and why? Changelog: Heroic passive completely transformed. Burning hatred has been nerfed. changelog 2: Heroic passive and followed by shadows have been transformed. Changelog 3: W and E transformed. Changelog 4: E has been transformed. R slightly nerfed. Next changelog: Ultimate might be transformed. Changelog 5: Heroic passive and E ability got transformed. Changelog 6: Heroic passive completely transformed. Ultimate cooldown increased. Changelog 7: Added detailed description to abilities and made some minor changes to his E.

Model and portrait: 200px-PrimalZergling_SC2-HotS_Rend1.jpgPrimalZergling_SC2-HoTS_Head1.jpg

Descripton: This creature was seen on some protoss colonies moving noiselessly between the gateways. Observers reported to the executor that the creature represents a significant threat, so the protoss decided to send warriors to capture it. The creature became extremely hostile when they approached it, and a few moments later the protoss were fighting for their lifes. When reinforcements arrived shadows gathered around the creature and it suddenly dissapeared. A dark templar who arrived with the reinforceing troops reported, that the creature had an exceptionally strong telepathic connection with the void.

Main stat: Agility

Starting stats: Strength: 32 Agility: 34 Intelligence: 24

Skills:

Heroic passive: bth_btn-ability-zerg-disguise-red-color.jpg Psychic connection: Arkath gains 4% physical and spell resist for every hero within a 5 unit radius circle around him.

Explanation: This is Arkaths primary defensive ability which enables him to survive and help his teammates for longer time in team fights. The defence provided by this ability enables Arkath to use Burning hatred efficiently, because he will not get annihilated very quickly in teamfights so he will have time to reach the maximum weapon damage bonus provided by his Q.

btn-upgrade-protoss-argustalisman.jpgBurning hatred: After this ability is activated Arkath will start with +5/10/15/20% bonus weapon damage. After every attack he will gain an additional +5% weapon damage. Weapon damage can be gained 4 times maximum. When the largest strike hits, the weapon damage bonus will expire.

Explanation: This is Arkaths primary damage steroid ability. Highly effective when it is mixed with Followed by darkness. It is helpful against any kind of enemy. Very usefull against tanks and dps heroes.

bth_btn-ability-terran-defensivematrix-blue-1.jpgFollowed by darkness: Arkath surges to target location dealing 75 /135/195/255+75% AGI spell damage to all units in his path. If he hits enemy heroes, he steals 15% of their primary stat and transforms it into AGI. Arkath keeps this bonus AGI for 10 seconds, than target will regain their lost stats in their original form.

Explanation: The ability is designed to be offensive and defensive in the same time. It is a good offense because you gain agility which will help you to increase your DPS. Another reason why it is a good offensive ability is because it helps you to weaken enemy tanks by stealing strength. As you can read in the description enemy heroes will regain lost stats by time, so you should use up the time well to weaken enemy tanks before they would get back their health. It is a good defence because it decreases the damage of enemy heroes. Stronger casts wont hurt you that much, (don't forget they can still deal large amount of damage) and it also helps against enemy agility heroes, because it lowers their DPS so it gives time reach maximum damage bonus with Burning hatred. It is also useful to get closer to your opponents or to escape from your enemies.

btn-DOTA-Arthas-spell4.jpgShredder wave :Arkath creates a wave which moves in a 60 degrees wide angle. It deals 50/80/110/140 + 50% INT damage to every unit that it hits and pushes them back by 4 units. Heroes damaged by this ability lose 4/6/8/10 armor for 6 seconds. If a hero is hit by the wave, when the wave only travelled half or less of its maximum range than the hero will get stunned for 1 second. This wave travelles with 5 unit/second speed.

Explanation: Very teamfight oriented ability. It can be used in a offensive and defensive way too. Helps you and your teammates to deal more damage. It is highly reccommended to combine it with Burning hatred. If you are chaseing somebody you can also combine it with Followed by darkness. Surge before the running enemy and push him backwards to your tower and team. The defensive way is very useful to. If you or your teammates are being chased, use this ability to push enemies backwards so or your mates win some time to escape.

bth_btn-ability-protoss-kineticimpulse-color.jpgWar-cry : Arkath and ally heroes in a 15 units radius circle gain +15% movement speed. Arkath also gains +15% weapon damage and health. These effects last for 15/20/25 seconds. Explanation: Great temporary buff for your team and for you.

Explanation: Another very team focused ability. This ability benefits the whole team. Helps you in an open fight, and if you are being chased, or you are chaseing somebody.

I really like this hero because it is descent in 1v1 fights, but encourrages the player to fight in a team instead of soloing the whole game. Arkath is very flexible, can deal with wide range of situations, his ultimate benefits the whole team.

Feedbacks in good manner are appreciated! :) This hero is now officially ready.

Note: All cooldown and energy cost can be seen in the excel.

Edited by Soundwave

Are you serious ? Jesus this is way too OP, he would have 300 dmg after using all of his abilities and his starting in like 100, and the passive is just simply stupid. You literally give him half of shadowmourne passive

Of course it is OP. Have you ever seen a hero that is perfectly balanced before any kind of testing? I have to balance it out. BTW it is not compulsory to have bm. I will make several modifications to this hero, but first I want to hear more people to know if they even like the idea of this caracter. His Q needs several seconds to charge up and when it reaches the maximum damage bonus one strike and all bonus will reset. If you want to use his Q you will need his W too cause I guess the enemy wont be just standing at one place and watching you punch him in the face 4 times.

Dude, his Q is like adding every basic attack doesn't it ? Not like going up by time, and people can just stack it like cain E and go for continuously remain the huge damage as long as you don't aa, and the w is just stupid, you just gave him shadow ult without timescale.

Say you have 250 dmg and 0.5 atk speed during mid game, with his Q he will get :

- 250 + 40%

- 250 + 50%

- 250 + 60%

- 250 + 70%

- 250 + 80%

In 5 second and he have a bonus of 300% dmg just from 1 skill, PLUS his passive which deal even more ( Oops, just realize you change it ), you just ripped a tank apart despite their armor and health, his w also warp up 16% of their max health.

Yes that is the way it works. After you reach the maximum damage bonus, your weapon damage will be reduced to the original.This is a huge and almost instant damage. I think I should lower it to get +5% weapon damage after each strike and also lower the starting damage. That would not be so scary. (his W also steals damage).

Dude, his Q is like adding every basic attack doesn't it ? Not like going up by time, and people can just stack it like cain E and go for continuously remain the huge damage as long as you don't aa, and the w is just stupid, you just gave him shadow ult without timescale.

Say you have 250 dmg and 0.5 atk speed during mid game, with his Q he will get :

- 250 + 40%

- 250 + 50%

- 250 + 60%

- 250 + 70%

- 250 + 80%

In 5 second and he have a bonus of 300% dmg just from 1 skill, PLUS his passive which deal even more ( Oops, just realize you change it ), you just ripped a tank apart despite their armor and health, his w also warp up 16% of their max health.

Ok I nerfed the crap out of his Q. How do you like it now?

I honestly liked Mitoscarab better, I'm sorry to see it go.

His heroic passive seems too much like Erekul's. It does slightly more damage though restricted to a smaller area. Still, I would like to see something different.

His Q is interesting, I like the idea of ramping up with each attack. I haven't done any number crunching on it yet, however.

W needs a change. Its a teleport that does % damage, healing based on this amount, lowers enemies weapon damage and increases your weapon damage for a longer period of time, and blinds enemies. All in an AoE. The blind seems unnecessary (remember why medic's W and shadows ult were nerfed). The bonus/reduction period is too long. This skill does a little of a lot of things. I suggest narrowing down on fewer effects and increasing what they do.

E is fine

As for R, the AoE movement speed buff is good. The added health and damage can be fine, though not very interesting. Also the 1 debuff removal may seem like a nice addition, but really doesn't help much considering the sheer number of debuffs in the game. For example, if the enemy team has a Chilling Artifact this part will be nearly useless and an FoE or nitrogen will instantly set this off. 20 seconds is a long time. You didn't mention what higher levels of this ability do.

I like the way the W and Q work, but the hero has too many solely percentage based abilities.

I also liked mitoscarab better, why did you decide to scrap that one?

Anyways, on to the hero: Passive: quite situational and its damage is only slightly higher than erekul's passive. I think it should be reworked into something else, as the hero has no way to make an enemy face him.

Q: Very good steroid, possibly too strong, but numbers can be adjusted, I like the concept.

W: Obscenely OP. It is a teleport, deals a huge percent of max hp to multiple targets and heals for the damage, steals weapon damage, and blinds them. Take away everything but the teleport and ad steal and make the ad steal about 25%. This fits in nicely with the hero's kit, giving another steroid and a gap closer.

E: Very boring and unneeded, as this hero already heavily counters aa's with his W ad steal, I think it should be reworked.

R: Very strong. Gives a good movespeed boost, some tankiness, a good amount of damage, and a parallax unique without the heal, and all the buffs last way too long. I suggest removing the debuff immunity or hp gain and making the effects of the ult only last 10 seconds.

Every skill except Ult is too strong. The passive allows for 100% energy drain after 100s.

W has insane scaling as well as a very high base damage. Maybe reduce the duration to 20s, 25s is quite a while.

E this passive is very VERY strong. Image you build tanky, and you survive a Cyprus ult. You will basically kill the Cyprus simply with passive.

The ult I like very much, because it is a more team friendly skill, which this game is lacking.

Every skill except Ult is too strong. The passive allows for 100% energy drain after 100s.

W has insane scaling as well as a very high base damage. Maybe reduce the duration to 20s, 25s is quite a while.

E this passive is very VERY strong. Image you build tanky, and you survive a Cyprus ult. You will basically kill the Cyprus simply with passive.

The ult I like very much, because it is a more team friendly skill, which this game is lacking.

Thank you for commenting!

I think lot of heroes will grab some energy regen item which will help them out. However I might still have to lower the range or the steal of the ability.

W yep I might reduce it a bit. (btw damage has been lowerd not long ago perhaps in the same time when u were writing your comment. Do you still think the damage is too big?

E Yeah that would be funny, but note that cyprus can throw his rocks in your face to make this ability work earlier, so he can ulti you after that. He can do this cause Body of the phantom has 5 second cooldown.

Thank you for commenting!

I think lot of heroes will grab some energy regen item which will help them out. However I might still have to lower the range or the steal of the ability.

W yep I might reduce it a bit. (btw damage has been lowerd not long ago perhaps in the same time when u were writing your comment. Do you still think the damage is too big?

E Yeah that would be funny, but note that cyprus can throw his rocks in your face to make this ability work earlier, so he can ulti you after that. He can do this cause Body of the phantom has 5 second cooldown.

Ok its awesome you listen to your comments :)

W in my opinion still has too high of a base damage at level 4, and too low at level 1. Just a suggestion, how about something like 75/135/195/255?

E, has a cd, maybe add that to description in the first post. How about making it work like parallax so the passive works for 0.8seconds after initial spell damage is taken? Otherwise it would be somewhat limited, the enemy can disable it with say one AA with lightning rod, then burst you down.

Had an idea for Q, instead of making it scale with weapon damage, how about scaling with AGI and INT? This would make it more combo friendly with W and E. So like increase by 10%/15%/20%/25% AGI+INT, and 2.5% per AA (adjust the scaling as you want, just making suggestion from weapon damage to stats)

As of now I would max W then Q, and get one point on E at say level 4

Ok its awesome you listen to your comments :)

W in my opinion still has too high of a base damage at level 4, and too low at level 1. Just a suggestion, how about something like 75/135/195/255?

E, has a cd, maybe add that to description in the first post. How about making it work like parallax so the passive works for 0.8seconds after initial spell damage is taken? Otherwise it would be somewhat limited, the enemy can disable it with say one AA with lightning rod, then burst you down.

Had an idea for Q, instead of making it scale with weapon damage, how about scaling with AGI and INT? This would make it more combo friendly with W and E. So like increase by 10%/15%/20%/25% AGI+INT, and 2.5% per AA (adjust the scaling as you want, just making suggestion from weapon damage to stats)

Nice ideas. I guess I will change the damage on W and it would effect 2 heroes maximum, so it would not be so strong when you are siegeing a tower and everybody is clumped up at the tower.

Q that is a very good idea. There is a chance that I will change it this way. It would give more weapon speed less damage and good combo opportunities. (maybe wont ravage people so quickly with only standard attacks).

If you make the passive take away 2% current energy I think it would be much better. The W still does too much, either take away the leech or the weapon damage steal, it is very OP right now.

I am afraid if I take away the health he will have low health if he engages multiple heroes with his team. If I take away the damage there will be no reason to combine it with his W. W would be used only to get closer to the target. However your suggestion for the passive is interesting. I guess I will change it. This type of heroic passive is just temporary. Tomorrow I might come up with someting completely different.

I am afraid if I take away the health he will have low health if he engages multiple heroes with his team. If I take away the damage there will be no reason to combine it with his W. W would be used only to get closer to the target. However your suggestion for the passive is interesting. I guess I will change it. This type of heroic passive is just temporary. Tomorrow I might come up with someting completely different.

First, you are saying his max hp increased based off the damage? The skill is about 10 times more OP now. That needs to go unless you make the skill's damage very low. If you used W into a group of heroes you would gain over 1000 hp, which is ridiculous. Second, I didn't say to remove either the hp gain or damage, I said hp gain or damage steal, the part that takes 15% of the enemies weapon damage, which is also extremely strong.

First, you are saying his max hp increased based off the damage? The skill is about 10 times more OP now. That needs to go unless you make the skill's damage very low. If you used W into a group of heroes you would gain over 1000 hp, which is ridiculous. Second, I didn't say to remove either the hp gain or damage, I said hp gain or damage steal, the part that takes 15% of the enemies weapon damage, which is also extremely strong.

ok. Well u lose the bonuses after 20 seconds. Also remember playing vorpal. you rarely hit 2 or more heroes with dark surge and if you do they will be danceing around the tower, and than the health u gained will be used only to escape. I might nerf it dont worry :).

ok. Well u lose the bonuses after 20 seconds. Also remember playing vorpal. you rarely hit 2 or more heroes with dark surge and if you do they will be danceing around the tower, and than the health u gained will be used only to escape. I might nerf it dont worry :).

Apparently you don't understand just how broken this is. Even just hitting 2 people with only base damage makes you gain about 500 hp, then add in AD scaling and you can gain even more than that, and even 500 hp gain is broken. The ability is more broken than anything I have ever seen, honestly. Saying you "might" nerf it does not make me worry less, the mechanic needs to be removed, and even then this skill will be very strong, huge AoE damage, teleport and large damage steal. Come to think of it this skill shouldn't really have any extra effects unless the damage is nerfed largely, as that is the damage of a single target spell put into a teleport spell that deals AoE.

Apparently you don't understand just how broken this is. Even just hitting 2 people with only base damage makes you gain about 500 hp, then add in AD scaling and you can gain even more than that, and even 500 hp gain is broken. The ability is more broken than anything I have ever seen, honestly. Saying you "might" nerf it does not make me worry less, the mechanic needs to be removed, and even then this skill will be very strong, huge AoE damage, teleport and large damage steal. Come to think of it this skill shouldn't really have any extra effects unless the damage is nerfed largely, as that is the damage of a single target spell put into a teleport spell that deals AoE.

Ok. Thank you for commenting a lot cause you help my work greatly. So. I know that the ability could be strong. But: you start with 280 hp (so you need the health not to get annihilated 1 second after the charge) it has no effect on creeps. If it is really really that OP as you say than I could make it to effect 2 heroes maximum or lower the base damage for tomorrow. I am also wondering if gaining health based on 50% damage would solve it.

Ok. Thank you for commenting a lot cause you help my work greatly. So. I know that the ability could be strong. But: you start with 280 hp (so you need the health not to get annihilated 1 second after the charge) it has no effect on creeps. If it is really really that OP as you say than I could make it to effect 2 heroes maximum or switch the bonus damage from AGI to INT

No hero should only start with 280 hp. He could get like 3 hit by heroes early, and the W ability doesn't solve that problem, since its level one damage isn't high enough to give him good hp early and he might not have mana for it anyways. This is not me saying the W should be buffed, this is me saying the base hp should be buffed. If you kept things the way they are now the hero couldn't do anything early game, he would die in lane and get killed by neutrals in the jungle, especially since W doesn't affect creeps so he wouldn't even be able to get hp from the neutrals (yet again this is not me saying to buff W). On the flip side, once the hero had some tankiness and damage items, he would be stupid with that W because it would make him out damage and outtank the enemy since it steals damage and max hp. Increase his base hp so that it is similar to other heroes and take away the max hp gain effect and either lower the damage or take away the weapon damage steal. The hero's Q, W, and R all give huge attack damage bonuses, so he would deal way too much damage.