Why Anime ?

Lios

Confession #8368

I have actually never read a manga.

Blasphemy!

I personally don't watch more anime than reading manga's since I find that some anime draw the story out a ton whereas with a manga I can read 5-6 chapters or more quicker than 5-6 episodes and the fillers I can skip.

Though some animes without mangas, like bebop or champloo to name a couple, I enjoy the most because it feels the guy making it geared all his attention to making an anime rather than trying to fit 1 chapter of a manga into a 30 minute episode and watching it feels more organic.

For the same reason people watch TV instead of reading books.

flob books, right? Reading is for losers!!!

NO, MODS, I'M NOT BEING SERIOUS.

you like the book more if you read it first, and you like the movie more if you watch the movie first in my experience.

Also, there are some situations where it's only an Anime. For example, the Disgaea Anime is based on the first Disgaea game rather than a Manga and I haven't found a Manga associated with Stella Jogakuin Koutou ka C3-bu. Then there are also re-telling/reboot anime such as with Tenchi Muyo having three separate continuities. Mahou Sensei Negima and Fullmetal Alchemist each have two and it was the second FMA, Brotherhood, that actually followed the Manga while both Negima series diverged from the Manga plot (actually a pretty common thing, since many Anime get produced before the source Manga is done so they either out-pace and come up with their own continuity or enter filler-hell such as with Naruto or Bleach). And Then anime inevitably gives rise to abridged parody series like DBZ Abridged or Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. And if you haven't seen those yet, why are you still here... go watch them... now... GO!

Also, there are some situations where it's only an Anime. For example, the Disgaea Anime is based on the first Disgaea game rather than a Manga and I haven't found a Manga associated with Stella Jogakuin Koutou ka C3-bu. Then there are also re-telling/reboot anime such as with Tenchi Muyo having three separate continuities. Mahou Sensei Negima and Fullmetal Alchemist each have two and it was the second FMA, Brotherhood, that actually followed the Manga while both Negima series diverged from the Manga plot (actually a pretty common thing, since many Anime get produced before the source Manga is done so they either out-pace and come up with their own continuity or enter filler-hell such as with Naruto or Bleach). And Then anime inevitably gives rise to abridged parody series like DBZ Abridged or Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. And if you haven't seen those yet, why are you still here... go watch them... now... GO!

Guilty Crown.