Aeon of Storms In-house League

Sphynx

Can I ask why do You mention "MaxNA, DarkNA etc"? Are You suggesting that games will be played on NA servers? There is no DarkNA or MaxNA etc, there are Darks and Max.

So is it Aeon of Storms in-house league (interregional, global?) or Aeon of Storms NA in-house league?

How do You want to solve those matches? Between teams from other regions?

Because as a league system and organizer of it- I understand You are choosing teams matches , time and all the rest- including server or You will just drop this responsibility for teams?

Correct Darks and MAX are euro clans. I had planned to run the games on NA, since those are the players i know, But I am totally ok if games for certain teams want to be run on euro server. As for games between NA and Euro an alternative system can be tried if possible, I do not know the lag issues associated with it just yet. So far all teams are from NA. Willing to listen to ideas and suggestions.

If this league gains popularity. We may approach ecko for some sorta of fancy in game title. BUT only if this becomes quite popular. Right now, its just for fun/competition

I don't wanna be bm but i have enough of this. Standard "NA attitude". Assuming everything at NA favour. That is presented here.

If You want global in-house league You need to change mentality. Yes You need to make some system for matches between diffrent regions, otherwise gl in EU teams participating or SEA and rest, cause the "NA oriented league" will need it for this to happen, to become truly global league.

I won't go further cause I don't wanna spread some bad negativity. Just showing some issues that exists. Im sure You will handle it and the league with enough work. Keep the job going.

If not I will just keep writting posts like this, cause the name, definition is misleading currently :)

I don't wanna be bm but i have enough of this. Standard "NA attitude". That is presented here.

If You want global in-house league You need to change mentality. Yes You need to make some system for matches between diffrent regions, otherwise gl in EU teams participating or SEA and rest, cause the "NA oriented league" will need it for this to happen, to become truly global league.

I won't go further cause I don't wanna spread some bad negativity. Just showing some issues that exists. Im sure You will handle it and the league with enough work. Keep the job going.

If not I will just keep writting posts like this, cause the name, definition is misleading currently :)

I feel that you overreacted a little, he said that he was planning on it being NA since only NA teams have signed up, and that he was open to other ways of doing it.

I feel that you overreacted a little, he said that he was planning on it being NA since only NA teams have signed up, and that he was open to other ways of doing it.

It is not overreacted. The league from what I know was made with assumptions of being "global league system" and it have still in name "in-house league" that is strongly suggesting it being not only regional oriented.

How other teams from other regions would sign in when there is no respect showed. Saying DarkNA, MaxNA? Assuming at start matches being only on NA?

Not including, making any system for fair matches between diffrent regions? I can only quess that there was also even not as much work putted in encouraging teams from other regions to sign in. Talking, knowing them etc. I don't know that exactly and don't wanna do that- assume it truly but still that how it looks like.

You don't exist in this community long enough. And don't have that much of experience to say that I am "overreacting". But this is again time that NA is trying to get some privileges when sheeping on rest and their cost- I have enough of this, I know many other people have enough of this and I will work to not spreading things like this.

I don't mind NA working for their community, having their league, but then change the name to "NA league"

It is not overreacted. The league from what I know was made with assumptions of being "global league system" and it have still in name "in-house league" that is strongly suggesting it being not only regional oriented.

How other teams from other regions would sign in when there is no respect showed. Saying DarkNA, MaxNA? Assuming at start matches being only on NA?

Not including, making any system for fair matches between diffrent regions? I can only quess that there was also even not as much work putted in encouraging teams from other regions to sign in. Talking, knowing them etc. I don't know that exactly and don't wanna do that- assume it truly but still that how it looks like.

You don't exist in this community long enough. And don't have that much of experience to say that I am "overreacting". But this is again time that NA is trying to get some privileges when sheeping on rest and their cost- I have enough of this, I know many other people have enough of this and I will work to not spreading things like this.

I don't mind NA working for their community, having their league, but then change the name to "NA league"

First, assuming matches would be on NA isn't a lack of respect when only clans from NA have signed up. Second, he has not made a system yet for other regions, but he said he is open to that, so maybe helping him set up a system instead of complaining about a lack of one would be better, especially since you are interested in helping manage the league, if I'm not mistaken based off other threads. Third, I don't have to be a part of the community for a long time to state my opinion and try to clarify something in case there was a misunderstanding. Fourth, why do you think he is trying to sheep on other regions to give NA privileges, he has already said that he is open to other things and that teams can decide, where is the part where he is favoring NA? I don't see it.

First, assuming matches would be on NA isn't a lack of respect when only clans from NA have signed up. Second, he has not made a system yet for other regions, but he said he is open to that, so maybe helping him set up a system instead of complaining about a lack of one would be better, especially since you are interested in helping manage the league, if I'm not mistaken based off other threads. Third, I don't have to be a part of the community for a long time to state my opinion and try to clarify something in case there was a misunderstanding. Fourth, why do you think he is trying to sheep on other regions to give NA privileges, he has already said that he is open to other things and that teams can decide, where is the part where he is favoring NA? I don't see it.

How other regions would sign in when You threat them like that? They would need to have basically no self-worth.

Yes it is lack of respect when You make something that first in mind include other people and then You make assumptions that doesn't include their needs, but instead favour the others. Yes it is lack of respect when You call a team for example DarkNA cause You are already stating league to be NA favoured. Yes it is lack of respect when You call team MaxNA instead of Max, which is their true name cause of previous sentence + lack of work- knowing the thing You are talking about, knowing their real name.

You don't need expierence to say stuff. Hence You don't even need to think for longer amount of time. But often You need experience for some things You say to be true. "To clarify things and misunderstandings" You need experience. You need to know what You are talking about.

If for You playing only on NA servers is not "favourable" no matter what region You are - You cant see that I can't help with better understanding that and opening eyes.

What You would say, would it be no problem if I came to You into streets and said:

-"Hey You blue Indonesian stuff" (ofc You are from Murica but whatever right? Sorry, I apologize for taking "Indonesian" as just an example if it hurts anybody).

- Your respond xxxx

- "Yes, You!"

- Your respond xxxx

- "Im organizaing a fight in the ring. It will be fight between You and the Caftalesian (some nationality or some group etc). You are welcome

- "Oh and btw it will be in Caftalesian country with Caftalesian crowd, bringed 10 Caftalesian teams and the winner can be considered the best in the world!

RESPECT. FULL RESPECT FLOWING EVERYWHERE.

Yes I know He stated that He can have in mind including in system some mechanics to deal with that, thats obvious. I responded- mainly repeated things I have said before to ensure there will be work putted into that (second post). But You are the person that tries to still writting about this

I was contributing in the previous Sphynx thread that was made for league purposes. I wrote there mainly so people can know that there is also a ladder system. That there are options. It was an occasion and more as advertise. I tried to speak with Sphynx he responded and I talked with him more but his assumptions are off what I have in goals. He wants league, I want ladder to become true. He then didn't msg me more. So I just keep working on stuff I have in mind.

I dont complain mindlessly, I bring the issues that are related to thing he is organizing. Im trying to contribute with that. I could say nothing, but its not the way to go. Criticism like this will help and allow him to know some things he should focus on also. Yes I complain about NA attitude and the issue of not fairly threatening other people/regions cause I think its important. Even in topic like league, if it applies to it. And especially when the issue is here clearly (even by organizer)

I won't allow some bad attitude to be spreaded. Like spreading some misleading and privileges for no reason.

I think that league is great idea and I hope it will work. I wish the best.

League doesn't exclude ladder.

Its more options. They are diffrent.

People than participate in the league can participate at ladder at the same time (For example same teams signed in league and ladder- points in league and points in ladder simple as that) Both systems are encouraging teams in this or that way. Both systems are helping with growing of the community and progress.

You have no knowledge what You are talking about.

OFFTOPIC

I needed to make 4 posts about basically same stuff. When You try to keep spreading that You have "high reading-understanding skill lvl". But hence when You click on posts not maybe investing some longer time to try to think about stuff and understand them this can happen. I will respond like that in that harsh way, cause I see nothing is working and helping, + cause You also previously tried to judge my posting style- "longer posts". And cause there was a topic in balance changelog when same stuff happened (i keep explaining some thing when You basically keep posting same stuff over and over again- same questions/post/stuff I was answering) I gave up that topic cause I though it was enough and wanted to focus on other stuff. But I think I will post tomorrow about it, respond there. About understanding and needed time/work to understand some posts and with that achieving some good things.

From me its EoT considering regional discrimination here cause this is not main thing this topic is about. And if this amount of posts are not enough for You to understand it- I will not help You (at least not here more)

For better clarifying WHAT IS DIFFRENCE between LEAGUE and LADDER:

-League is seasonal (it can be full time with constant, high amount of seaons)

-League is forcing/choosing teams You are playing with

-League is forcing/choosing time You are playing with teams

-League is forcing/choosing other stuff considering team vs team

-League is forcing activity

In that way League is more similiar to "tournament-event" its something between ladder and tournament

when Ladder is tool that calculates team matches into points- full time

-Ladder is full-year working

-in Ladder You choose teams You play with and when

-You choose servers etc

-Ladder is encouraging activity and rewarding stable teams (but You can still be in ladder without it, You will just not be placed high in ranking, still You will have option of choosing from teams You would like to play with if You have a desire)

Ladder basicly don't force so much activity and gives more freedom when League makes more by itself.

Kinda hilarious when first I made assumption of teams consisting 6 player base and Sphynx 10 players when those assumptions were fitting better oppositely (higher freedom for Ladder - 10 players, 5-6 straight number of players needed in team for event/more competitive system that is a League)

So I changed my assumptions to teams having 10 player base in the Ladder.

SayMyName: I am hoping to create something here that people will enjoy.

It has been a lot of work to simply contact all the clans in NA that I know of.

I definitely am not discriminating against SEA/EU teams, I am simply saying that I have not played there, so i don't have an account, or KNOW who to message.

I am not trying to compete with your ladder ideas. I would love a global system.

But please, lets do this one step at a time.

I am hoping to START with the server I play on. IF everyone enjoys it… lets expand, and come up with rules for which servers we can play on for everyone.

This should be pretty easy, but YOU know how much work setting something like this up is. I am "Starting small" and we will work from there.

When i said DarkNA, and MaxNA, that is the TAG they are using on the game when i saw them. That is all that means.

I would love to expand this idea to ALL groups that play AOS. It will require help from some of the MUMBLE guys though, as I am relatively new to the mumble scene myself.

Then change ladder name to "NA inhouse league" simple as that.

Latter change it to "Aos inhouse league" with other assumptions, next season? When You feeling Yourself and League with enough power to do so, to progress, expand.

The league will compete with ladder in some fields but its good. It helps with progression. Still as said much of results of ladder and league system are the same in higher or smaller degree. Both systems simultaneously when competing in some fields, in other helps each other. Like helping with playing the game as a team. Helping with making teams. Helping with work on the game. Helping with work on the community. Helping with doing stuff to AoS. Helping encouraging with participating in events, playing competitive etc etc.

I know it would be best to have Leagues and the Ladder and the Tournaments etc etc As much things as we can (ofc made as good as they can be)

You said, called teams DarkNA and MaxNA in the public. I don't know, but I don't think You would like the Idea for example me calling You in the public for example "Kryptonian" when You was at Krypton once or just from time to time (don't wanna bring certain nationalities as an example) You should put work before doing so. You are adult - You try to make some more serious/professional stuff - You take the effects of Your actions (or lack of actions) - You take responsibility, have in mind that.

You confessed, admitted that You started to have in mind games on NA only. Good that You are honest, its a big plus from me to You. Thats how things should be- to be possible to be handled. If You want other people, want to include them, make something for them- You need to have in mind them, include their needs, You need to put work to know them and with that to be able to understand them.

But again I repeat. Then don't call NA based league "in-house league" that is misleading.

I am pretty sure most people reading my posts are not upset by my idea here.

SMN, i am getting a very "confrontational" viewpoint from your post. Settle down man, i am not "leaving EU/SEA" OUT, I am simply starting with a small group because it is ACCOMPLISHABLE. Getting everyone to play in this will only work if people like the idea. Well I can start the idea with the clans I know.

If it is popular and groups from EU/SEA want in. GREAT, then we add them all in.

I am trying to be as inclusive as possible here.

we can add all groups from EU/NA/SEA. Games can be played alternatively on the different servers. No one is discriminating. I think you confuse me for someone who CARES that the games are played on NA server. I don't care what server they are played on. As long as a game CAN be played.

I am starting with a "portion" of the AOS community in order to ensure the system functions, and that participants enjoy this no matter their skill level.

Once You say that, once You say the other, don't make me lose respect. Now You are trying to negate the mistake (there was mistake, mother of sheeps, so what? Accept it, handle it, learn from it. Everybody can make mistakes). And round, shuffle the things like some magic trick. Fool people around including Yourself.

You already admitted that You was going with discriminating assumptions. (and still are trying to go with them if not truly needed/forced) You added the option of other servers played when I said about that and mentioned that. Now You are trying to "stick to this argument" after the fact, holey sheep. But You started otherway and thats why You got those posts Good that You started to at least have in mind some other options. Still- don't have in mind- DO THEM.

Before You don't make any assumptions truly into Your system I will fight against it being called in general "IH league". Bring assumptions to life or change the name.

Saying everybody is welcome but have in mind mostly Your region and start with assumptions to Your region and calling it global and for everybody and saying its not discriminating its just "bullsheep" straightly and simply as that. IT IS DISCRIMINATION. I won't repeat this more time.

GOOD LUCK in other regions participating when You don't include them correctly from start. Its enough for me today. Goodnight

Im not making those posts to fight. Im making for some issues to be handled properly. And for the league- Your league having better possibility of progress. Do what You want. I have enough.

Once You say that, once You say the other, don't make me lose respect. Now You are trying to negate the mistake (there was mistake, mother of sheeps, so what? Accept it, handle it, learn from it. Everybody can make mistakes). And round, shuffle the things like some magic trick. Fool people around including Yourself.

You already admitted that You was going with discriminating assumptions. (and still are trying to go with them if not truly needed/forced) You added the option of other servers played when I said about that and mentioned that. Now You are trying to "stick to this argument" after the fact, holey sheep. But You started otherway and thats why You got those posts Good that You started to at least have in mind some other options. Still- don't have in mind- DO THEM.

Before You don't make any assumptions truly into Your system I will fight against it being called in general "IH league". Bring assumptions to life or change the name.

Saying everybody is welcome but have in mind mostly Your region and start with assumptions to Your region and calling it global and for everybody and saying its not discriminating its just "bullsheep" straightly and simply as that. IT IS DISCRIMINATION. I won't repeat this more time.

GOOD LUCK in other regions participating when You don't include them correctly from start. Its enough for me today. Goodnight

Im not making those posts to fight. Im making for some issues to be handled properly. And for the league- Your league having better possibility of progress. Do what You want. I have enough.

say my name, this is ridiculous

the event is open to all clans and members he has only told and asked the clans he knows so far because he plays on NA & they have signed up to be in it

but does it say anywhere that people cant join?

NO IT FRIGGIN DOESNT

stop posting this horse shap of religious crusade against him

say my name, this is ridiculous

the event is open to all clans and members he has only told and asked the clans he knows so far because he plays on NA & they have signed up to be in it

but does it say anywhere that people cant join?

NO IT FRIGGIN DOESNT

stop posting this horse shap of religious crusade against him

How did You manage to get this personal again? I mean where did You read that I am making "religious crusade against Sphynx".

I don't have anything against Sphynx or anything about making a proper league. But I have something against discrimination.

You know what is ridiculous? THAT PEOPLE SAY THAT ARE NOT DISCRIMINATING WHEN THEY ARE AND THEY EVEN TRY TO SPREAD IT.

When they try with that to lie, live in illusion and threat other people like idiots.

I could take a knife start jabbing You meanwhile keep repeating "I AM NOT HURTING YOU"

I could invite a black guy to house in America called "HOME FOR EVERYBODY" say to him: HEY NIGGA, YOU ARE WELCOME, YOU CAN JOIN, YOU WILL JUST GET SMACKED IN HEAD IF YOU ARE BLACK AND YOU NEED TO CLEAN MY SHOES. WHEN MEANWHILE MY FELLOWS ARE EATING CHIPS. There is almost no diffrence to attitude represented here.

I can only ask WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS? Cause I started to stop understanding. If You could tell me the reasons with some proper argumentation it could help (saying obvious stuff that making league is good and lying that this is- stuff represented here not disrispectful and not discriminating doesn't count, I will ignore this kind of stuff) Tell me what is discrimination?

YOU KNOW WHAT IS RIDICULOUS? THAT PEOPLE APPROVE THIS. THAT PEOPLE CAN BE SO BLIND AND INSENSITIVE

That when somebody comes and hint out to treat other fair and right, to do this, in response he is being fighted. And the thing about treating other fair is not being supported. That somebody that comes and says to call things how they truly are- is being flamed.

I could try to make EU tournament based and keep calling it "AOS CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT" but I don't do thing like this? You know why? Cause it would be laughable, not true, pathethic and discriminating. Just straight honestly.

Calling this "IH-league" have almost no diffrence than the last banned topic of some people from Lights and some people from Darks playing a match and then people from Lights making a thread called "Light v Darks 25:0"

Discrimination here comes from basicly fricking definition of discrimination. Is there even word like this in vocabulary for some people? If not, I think this can help http://en.wikipedia..../Discrimination

I already made like already 6 big posts with explanation and examples and it looks like some people can't still understand something so obvious and simple.

I am starting to feel like in some kind of madhouse or kindergarden.

Did You even read the post?

Saying something and doing opposite is not a solution. It doesn't change things. Bah, it makes them even worse.

If You say something than do it accordingly to what You are saying. Prove it.

I am starting to feel like in some kind of madhouse or kindergarden.

that's because your making shap up

there is 0 discrimination in this thread

anyone is allowed to join the ladder

it is currently to be hosted on the NA server where the MAJORITY of clans are which is only common sense but that doesn't stop any EU clan etc from joining

so grow up and stop being a flobing whiner posting useless shap 6 times over and trying to derail this thread

if we wanted to discriminate and not let EU members etc join we would have called it NA ladder and told them they couldn't join but we clearly did not do that

that's because your making shap up

there is 0 discrimination in this thread

anyone is allowed to join the ladder

it is currently to be hosted on the NA server where the MAJORITY of clans are which is only common sense but that doesn't stop any EU clan etc from joining

so grow up and stop being a flobing whiner posting useless shap 6 times over and trying to derail this thread

if we wanted to discriminate and not let EU members etc join we would have called it NA ladder and told them they couldn't join but we clearly did not do that

This is discrimination. You don't have any knowledge about what discrimination is. You don't know what discrimination is, completly.

But still You are trying to say and lie otherwise.

<ALLOWING TO JOIN =/= IS NOT EQUAL TO NOT DISCRIMINATING. WHEN YOU TREAT PEOPLE DIFFRENTLY. WHEN SOMETIHNG IS REPRESENTING BOTH PEOPLE>

Holy crap, is THAT SIMPLE ENOUGH and straight forward to understand!!!!!!!!!?????????

Because propably of some kind of personal honour and trying to "protect the league idea". Which You do in complelty wrong way. Instead of dealing the issue and making the league with proper name and treating people fair with same possibilities. And enabling with that to league be really strong.

But maybe some kind of additional work for that and accepting some facts and mistakes, handling some true criticism is too much.

Good luck in making this league global with attitude like that (if You don't wanna keep lying)

Good luck in esp EU teams participating. With everything showed here and presented here I think You will need A LOT of work to achieve that.

User was warned for this post

Edited by Midknight
reduced < > section from 36 to 14pt

Can someone explain to me in a neutral voice why SayMyName is raging on about discrimination? Frankly, if this was such an issue, why are you, SayMyName, the ONLY person complaining about it? Your logic is like a student demanding a public school system to provide him/her with transportation to a school 6 hours away every school day. It has even been clearly outlined WHY the focus is on NA server. Sphynx KNOWS that he does not know much about the EU scene, which is why he is starting on familiar ground, AKA NA. Plus, he probably also knows that this project has a chance of simply dropping off and fading away, which means efforts right now to make it global when it isn't even working on a single server would be stupid. Honestly, you are basically bordering on slander/libel with groundless comments, and if anyone has lost reputation/status it would be you, not Sphynx and his project.

So why its called, it includes, have in name global assumptions? Its not being called "NA inhouse league".

Argument with disneyland or transportation to school (which often is "forced" needed to be provided in some situations" ) is completly unrelevant.

People don't write cause EU is lazy. People didn't write cause it was NIGHT at EU. Still Soed clicked already 3 times like even not saying anything him to do so.

If You need I will find and bring You 10 people that will confirm what I am saying. Holy ....

So why its called, it includes, have in name global assumptions? Its not being called "NA inhouse league".

Argument with disneyland or transportation to school (which often is "forced" needed to be provided in some situations" ) is completly unrelevant.

People don't write cause EU is lazy. People didn't write cause it was NIGHT at EU. Still Soed clicked already 3 times like even not saying anything him to do so.

If You need I will find and bring You 10 people that will confirm what I am saying. Holy ....

Do it. Find people. And you have problems with the name? Since when do you get to decide what people name things? What do you mean it has global assumptions? Just because it has "Aeon of Storms" in the name without "NA" in it, suddenly it has global assumptions? What, going to complain that he should have better word choice? Since when does Sphynx have to be a people pleaser? Anyway, some general answers in my fruitless hope that you will silence yourself:

1. I don't know where you are from, but where I am from any school system that is a 6 hour drive away from a student does not have a obligation to provide the student with education, since that should be the job of the one located within the student's area.

2. The verb I used was "demand". Instead of interpreting it to favor you and therefore causing a misinterpretation, you should have taken MY interpretation, since it is MY example; the word "demand" in such context has a negative connotation, implying a almost imperative command to the school system from the student, therefore implying that the student is making unreasonable demands.

3. You may argue, "you want me to make your assumptions and agree with them" or something along those lines; well, that is exactly how YOU are acting towards Sphynx.

4. Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't about a day passed now?

5. Frankly, if other EU players are like you, I personally DON'T want you participating in this league anyway, with your self-righteous attitude. As someone else said, if it bothers you that much that EU doesn't seem to be included, then PROVIDE a WAY for Sphynx to include the EU players. Why are you just complaining and demanding that he does all this work?

6. You are complaining that this is discrimination, because there is not a "fair treatment to both parties." Well, this is a game system issue, blame current technology for creating online gaming barriers between continents. As far as I can see, this is the only "difference" in treatment, particularly concerning how many times it has been outlined that Sphynx is perfectly flexible with the gameplay and inclusion of others.

7. Even if this is discrimination, discrimination itself is not a bad thing, it has just been given a negative connotation due to historical events. I discriminate when I say that I like chocolate ice cream and not vanilla. Yet is that so evil? Specifically, the idea that you are accusing Sphynx of is almost more along the lines of racism. And don't be getting technical about the definition with me, I said MORE ALONG THE LINES OF not that it is. And yes I know that racism is a form of discrimination.

Just posting to say that I support SMN and I think ANARCHY is acting like an immature kid by mentioning SMN in the spam bot list. Seriously dude it's time to grow up now that you are co-hosting this league.

Why do you support SMN? Because you are both from Europe or something? Try explaining further; I feel like he just asked you to support him and so you did without any real reason. Even if you had one, it is a illogical one, and just like him, you are just complaining instead of working on a solution. Seriously, I think many Americans are stupid because they ask for all these benefits from its government without being willing to pay the taxes to cover it, yet you people are basically acting just like that....

Just posting to say that I support SMN and I think ANARCHY is acting like an immature kid by mentioning SMN in the spam bot list. Seriously dude it's time to grow up now that you are co-hosting this league.

zzz i just grabbed the list of all people online, it wasnt intentional

why so much BM?