Jakk Shadowmourne

Overkill

No I mean the weapon that the shadow is equipped with

What overkill means is that the weapon that the shadow of Jakk Summber uses, either his energy rifle or grenades, and if so, why do all the shadow's of Jakk Summers attack with grenades and not energy rifle and is there any way to make his shadow attack with energy rifle?

Spambot for the win, spam so many times....

i dont understand how this forum manages to accept so many spam bot applications, surely we can tighten up the security process somehow by adding a;

dual random picture guess question and phrase

AoS quiz

only allowing 3 posts within the first 24 hours of signup

only allowing 5 posts per day till they have at least 3 approved by someone with more than 100 posts

i dont understand how this forum manages to accept so many spam bot applications, surely we can tighten up the security process somehow by adding a;

dual random picture guess question and phrase

AoS quiz

only allowing 3 posts within the first 24 hours of signup

only allowing 5 posts per day till they have at least 3 approved by someone with more than 100 posts

Last two ideas are horrible, you shouldn't limit how people can contribute, unless they are just posting unproductive contributions that go against the rules.

Last two ideas are horrible, you shouldn't limit how people can contribute, unless they are just posting unproductive contributions that go against the rules.

when was the last time you saw a brand new person sign up to the forums and do more than 3 posts in 24 hours? (basically only spambots & 1% of the community)

they can post as much as they like after that, its just beforehand the restriction would be in place

when was the last time you saw a brand new person sign up to the forums and do more than 3 posts in 24 hours? (basically only spambots & 1% of the community)

they can post as much as they like after that, its just beforehand the restriction would be in place

I haven't kept track, but I know for a fact I did (:D:D:D), and I think that Lios did. That kind of question is not really that reasonable, as you cannot keep track of it currently unless you were actually paying specific attention to everyone the day they signed up, since the number of posts they posted their first day is not kept track of for the public. However, the idea would be 'meh' anyways, as I have only seen a few spambots that post more than 3 posts, and I check pretty much all new content every hour/couple of hours. You did not justify the other idea I was talking about either, I would like to see your side of it, since from my side it is just plain dumb. "only allowing 5 posts per day till they have at least 3 approved by someone with more than 100 posts"

I haven't kept track, but I know for a fact I did (:D:D:D), and I think that Lios did. That kind of question is not really that reasonable, as you cannot keep track of it currently unless you were actually paying specific attention to everyone the day they signed up, since the number of posts they posted their first day is not kept track of for the public. However, the idea would be 'meh' anyways, as I have only seen a few spambots that post more than 3 posts, and I check pretty much all new content every hour/couple of hours. You did not justify the other idea I was talking about either, I would like to see your side of it, since from my side it is just plain dumb. "only allowing 5 posts per day till they have at least 3 approved by someone with more than 100 posts"

Liar !!!!

well thats simple, a new member joins up, they make a few posts up to 5 per day

someone like you comes along, reads their post, realises its not spam and clicks the little button in the corner of their post approving it

once they have 3 approved posts they can post as much as they wish

someone like you comes along, reads their post, realises its not spam and clicks the little button in the corner of their post approving it

Ok, it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. I thought you were saying they had to get 3 likes on their posts. I still don't think it would be that effective though, since, like I previously said, most of the spambots don't post that many times, and even if they did there would still be five spam posts so it wouldn't effectively deal with the problem IMO. That being said, I don't know how to stop them so something might be better than nothing.

Ok, it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. I thought you were saying they had to get 3 likes on their posts. I still don't think it would be that effective though, since, like I previously said, most of the spambots don't post that many times, and even if they did there would still be five spam posts so it wouldn't effectively deal with the problem IMO. That being said, I don't know how to stop them so something might be better than nothing.

• 5 months later...

and low and behold