Tychus early game

herman

So I have seen guides for Tychus before and I apologize if this should go in one of those threads. I found myself in an IH last night against a balrog and drake on my teams short lane. I know that Tychus should be able to do the laning by himself here while the other player that would normally set up in your lane jungles. My question is for positioning and game play. In this situation I found myself not knowing what to do, I kept getting pulled and then combo slowed by the balrog and then martyr running beside me got my health way down. I was very ineffective and fell way behind on lvl's. As I am just now getting in the IH scene, should Tychus have been fine against these 2? Should I have asked to switch lanes? Now granted I was playing against 2 very skilled players 1 from Max and the other wask Pinkie from SLP, but do you guys have any suggestions on how I should/could have played out the early laning phase more appropriately.

Thanks

Tychus needs a lot of farm. If he is put in the short lane then he should be given a lane partner to baby sit him, which basically means keep opponents at a distance allowing Tychus to farm freely.

Tychus versus Balrog Drake is a lost lane, you won't get much farm.

My problem in that scenario was it was very difficult to last hit because the drake and balrog can both attack from distance and then do major damage when they are close. This makes it difficult to last hit your creeps, which in turn makes it very difficult to lvl up effectively. I know items I can go in order to synergistically give me more INT and make me a healer, that not really my question. My question stims from lake of knowledge of who Tychus is good against early game because he needs farm as Mus stated. I know this is all dependant on your team composition and their team composition and many other factors, but I guess a better way of putting it, where is Tychus normally played early game? What are comps that you need to be worried about with him (beside the obvi of drake balrog haha)? How do you maximize farm early game if you are forced to go short lane with only occasional support from your teams jungler?

If u going solo lane then Lost Treasure is really good opening for most of the heroes. Item gives u a lot of sustain and additional minerals gain. I don't really see how Drake with Balrog can kill Tychus in his easy lane. U should be close to your own tower all the time. Drake lance early game has really short range, so before lvl 5 it shouldn't be a problem. U just should be all the time in motion to make it hard for Drake to pluck u. Its not so hard to dodge his plucks. Last hitting can be a problem, especially against Balrog, I guess u should use your Q for it. Once u get plucked use E immediately and simply move back and heal up little bit with W. Usually Tychus is pretty solid hero in 1v2 laneups. Probably u had bad starting item, lack of energy regen, so once harassed u couldn't sustain in lane for long enough and eventually fell behind

If u going solo lane then Lost Treasure is really good opening for most of the heroes. Item gives u a lot of sustain and additional minerals gain. I don't really see how Drake with Balrog can kill Tychus in his easy lane. U should be close to your own tower all the time. Drake lance early game has really short range, so before lvl 5 it shouldn't be a problem. U just should be all the time in motion to make it hard for Drake to pluck u. Its not so hard to dodge his plucks. Last hitting can be a problem, especially against Balrog, I guess u should use your Q for it. Once u get plucked use E immediately and simply move back and heal up little bit with W. Usually Tychus is pretty solid hero in 1v2 laneups. Probably u had bad starting item, lack of energy regen, so once harassed u couldn't sustain in lane for long enough and eventually fell behind

I actually started Lost Treasure. Problem is like you said was not able to last hit at all except for when using Q.