Voltron Leo Guide Please

taznkid

I find this hero to be obscenely overpowered when played correctly, as he can be extremely tanky and also deal a lot of spell damage.

Talents: Weapon damage, Weapon Speed, Demigod, Health, Health regen, swiftness

First off get 3 fusion blades,a health, and and a mana potion. Always go q for your first skill and you will want to only go q and w until you get your ultimate ( I don't feel like mirror force does enough early game to waste mana on it).

Once you finish farming nuetrals get machete and another mana potion. By this time the 2nd round of nuetrals usually spawns and you can continue to farm them. Once you have finished farming the 2nd wave of nuetrals you should be getting close to lvl 6 and you should be able to get Twin Paradox Isolator. Now is the point in the game that you can help your teammates gank. Anytime your team mates get someone below half health it should be easy for you to run in use your q, activate TPI, use your ultimate, and then poke poke poke poke.

At this point build reactive, if they have CC build towards Parallax, if they have any kind of carries you are worried about build towards emantle, if you are far enough ahead lightning rod intro cerebro adds weapon speed and a nice boost of int for your ultimate.

My build usually looks like this:

Machete --> TPI --> Lightning Rod --> Parallax -->Cerebro -->Yamato --> Organic Carapace --> Shadowmourne

Parallax can be substituted for emantle, warp shard, phantom menace, or other situational items

Lifetech nanosuit can also be substituted for organic carapace as well if you find yourself in situtational low health team fights

Kitty can be played in a variety of different ways but usually you find yourself waiting for team fights to start and for the other team to commit their cc's and items on your tanks, then use yama, mirror force, q , ultimate. Focus down their agi carries first (boros, nova, shade, etc.) then target enemies with low health.

This build allows for a large burst dps when your ultimate and yamato are activated and it also allows for a lot of survivability.

I've been playing Leo a lot lately and usually end up around 4 kill per death with him. Not amazing, but he is a solid performer. The best part is how anti AA he is. With there being a guaranteed shadow in every game, it's nice to be the hard counter to that.

Keep in mind this is a pub build/strat.

Talents : Weapon speed, weapon damage, extra hps, hp regen, armor, movement speed.

Build : Cerebro, stun knife, ihan, yamoto, gravity, timesplitter and then the rest is situational. Lately I've been throwing in organic carapace and then selling ihan at some point and getting galactic defender. At some point if they have lots of CC I get a parallax and never move to galactic defender.

Jungle jungle jungle. I usually can out level all but shadow and there are plenty of games I'm pushing ahead of shadow as well.

Cerebro first, as soon as you hit level 7 you should be able to get it. Say goodbye to power problems. At that point you've got max q, 2 in w (speed boost when enemy weak) and one in ulti. Most non tank characters have under 1500 hps. Run in, hit your Q, R and with a cerebro proc and ulti zap, you've got anyone down to under half health and they cant escape. Usually this means a dead hero within about 2 seconds. Quite often I kill two heros at this point if they are close together.

As soon as you can, buy stun knife and use it in your Q R combo. With the extra damage from stun knife, the ability to hold them in one place while your R and cerebro procs and decent weapon speed (should be around .65 if you only hit one thing with your Q) you can take on all but the most fed of characters in a 1v1. Before stun knife charges are out, you've got the enemy down below 50% health and they will still try to run, which is great, because they cant escape and you're just getting a free kill without taking any damage. Starting at level 8, if the other team is AA heavy at all, I max out the reflect before putting any more points into the chase skill. So something like QWQWQRQEEEREWWYRYY

At this point it's situational. I get ihan and let my hps and int start building if things are going well. If they arent going as smoothly as hoped, I get TPI before ihan.

From here on out, I move towards my final build listed above. You should win every 1v1 at this time. Tanks are mainly physical resist heavy at this point, and you're dishing out tons of spell damage so they arent usually a problem. A good drake can be a pain, but most other tanks melt.

All things considered, if my team or myself havent fed all game, there is pretty much no one who can stop you late game. I just played another game last night with Leo where the enemy shadow and nova were getting well fed by my team but they simply couldnt kill me unless all my stuff was down. Pop reflect when closing in on them and the nova is at half health before I even get to her. So am I, of course, but that's making my galactic defender passive go off and I'm at 25% timescale boost. Pop yamoto and it's around 50% (dont know the exact numbers) at this point Q R and everyone just melts if they arent running. RUNNING? From a 50% timescale beast who gets movement speed bonus since you're weak? Aint happening.

Anyway, I've been enjoying Leo. I'm sure there are things I could improve. But this build/strat has given me great success. In the end you have good weapon damage (max attack speed without even hitting Q but still do for the extra damage) and great spell damage. Organic lets you tank damage and lets your reflect do it's thing. Pop galactic defender once you get low in health. DONT do it when you're at 99% health, you want your health to get low so that the timescale unique on galactic starts to work. Then, when the enemy thinks they have you, pop your shield and finish them off.

Hope that helps.

I enjoy Leo a lot. Do not really want to give my full and exact build away. But here are some key thoughts.

Leo is weak and squishy, but does great DPS with his ult and Q.

These do a lot of increased damage with INTEL, so you should mostly use Intel items to boost your ult damage.

Leo is a hit and run character. He cannot tank that much damage without ALOT of tank items to do so. I would not build him DPS or Tanky but 1-2 of those items combined can be useful.

I prefer to stay "hidden in the woods" and then run out with my ult to smash a hero down.

The key to engaging with Leo is Speed OR cloak. As a deadly melee hero, he has to get in close to work. You will need some way to attack. Bonus items for speed or cloak are NEEDED. Leo is very susceptible to stuns/lockbox/slows. - parallax is a good counter.

For better games (in-house) you need to never engage first, your a clean up hero. If you are focused down, you will die quickly. Their team will expect you, and save stuns. Deal with this accordingly. How to engage with leo is the key for how to use this hero right.

I enjoy Leo a lot. Do not really want to give my full and exact build away. But here are some key thoughts.

These do a lot of increased damage with INTEL, so you should mostly use Intel items to boost your ult damage.

Leo is a hit and run character. He cannot tank that much damage without ALOT of tank items to do so. I would not build him DPS or Tanky but 1-2 of those items combined can be useful.

I prefer to stay "hidden in the woods" and then run out with my ult to smash a hero down.

The key to engaging with Leo is Speed OR cloak. As a deadly melee hero, he has to get in close to work. You will need some way to attack. Bonus items for speed or cloak are NEEDED. Leo is very susceptible to stuns/lockbox/slows. - parallax is a good counter.

For better games (in-house) you need to never engage first, your a clean up hero. If you are focused down, you will die quickly. Their team will expect you, and save stuns. Deal with this accordingly. How to engage with leo is the key for how to use this hero right.

And no one give a damn about guiding people through early stage which is laning... Pubs always fked up every build just because they can't lane early game, get farm and exp properly, all they care is remember the build and do whatever they want....

Leo should never be built a glass cannon. As you said he is very susceptile to CC. Movement speed is not really necessary on him either because yamato adds incredible speed and combined with his passive when enemies are low you shouldn't need any other movement speed items. Building kitty as a tanky burst dps is one of the best ways to help your team out. Items like organic carapace or lifetech nanosuit (well now ... until they debuff it) are amazing on him. Kitty doesn't need to have so much INT that you are trying to 1-shoot people with your Q + ulti combo. Also remember in team fights, kitty is a high priority target to take out, because he has a high damage output to multiple targets, and as soon as you show yurself the other team will focus you. You need to be able to deal a good amount of burst damage but also stay alive in these fights. 2-3 int items will suffice (i.e yamato, cerebro, gravity, nitro, warpshard), with the other 3-4 items being situational (i.e parallax, DST, Organic, Lifetech, Galactic defender, or even spell buffer for the unique in team fights/ the support it gives your team).

And no one give a damn about guiding people through early stage which is laning... Pubs always fked up every build just because they can't lane early game, get farm and exp properly, all they care is remember the build and do whatever they want....

As this is a forum dedicated to help the AOS community become larger and overall better... think it might be nice if instead of degrading a comment look at what they say and try to use constructive criticism... as the comment you were replying to came from someone with 8 posts ( I only have 22) it is safe to assume that the person commenting isn't Highdrator or DavidChan ... help people out and don't comment on spelling mishaps and how bad new players are

As this is a forum dedicated to help the AOS community become larger and overall better... think it might be nice if instead of degrading a comment look at what they say and try to use constructive criticism... as the comment you were replying to came from someone with 8 posts ( I only have 22) it is safe to assume that the person commenting isn't Highdrator or DavidChan ... help people out and don't comment on spelling mishaps and how bad new players are

Am I look like I'm trying to destroy this "community" ? Help people and they would make mistake again, I'm pretty sure of it, I rather show their mistake so they can realize it and fix it, and, what type of new player that are always good ? Get someone in aeon the first time see if they're good, even I messed it up. There's a reason why people dividing into IH, Pubs and Pub Stomp

Am I look like I'm trying to destroy this "community" ? Help people and they would make mistake again, I'm pretty sure of it, I rather show their mistake so they can realize it and fix it, and, what type of new player that are always good ? Get someone in aeon the first time see if they're good, even I messed it up. There's a reason why people dividing into IH, Pubs and Pub Stomp

Im confused where did I say that everyone who plays is good? Telling people that they are idiots and don't know how to lane is far from telling them how to fix their problem.

Im confused where did I say that everyone who plays is good? Telling people that they are idiots and don't know how to lane is far from telling them how to fix their problem.

I posted a topic named "Laning tips for pubs/new player". Isn't that a way to tell them how to fix the problem ? And "Comment on how bad new player are" I would assume that means they're good and not bad in your opinion.

Why did you post this in this thread? No one asked you to and it is completely off topic. As for the actual topic of the thread, I have already made a thread just like this a little while back, if you find that one inadequate, post on it asking for other guides, don't make a new thread.

Parallax should always be taken on Leo, there will not be a single game without CC from the enemy team.

As for early game, just jungle for Christ's sake. Ward the enemy jungles for a gank or two, and since you are jungle, come in for an occasional assassination.

You don't need to be movespeed or cloak oriented. You need anti CC, ie Parallax, and int items to boost ult and Q damage. You are a burst hero, so items such as cerebro is recommended. If build largely int, consider Stars Fury, it will add a lot of burst.

Leo can be build int or AA, but I usually roll with a mix so that I am not a hundred percent dependent on my ult. Leo needs some hp and resist as he is a melee, so consider such items as nitrogen and Galactic.

Welp, I build Leo like this (jungle):

(Pub build)

- 3 Fusion Blades? (Things for Duran's Machete) + health pot + mana pot

- Duran's Machete

- Cerebro

- Stun Knife

- Ihan

- Yamato

- Gravity

- Eternity (sell Duran's)

- Shadowmourne / Organic Carapace / Stiptide Scythe (sell Ihan)

QWQWQRQWWEREEEstatstatstat