Obamacare

Midknight

Whether you are for or against Obama Care...

The American Medical Association has now weighed in on Obama's new health care package.

The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled,"Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing, and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.

The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter."

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.

Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the a******s in Washington.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On a serious note, being in the medical field myself Obama Care is god awful. It's entire infrastructure will end up destablizing the entire health care system in America within 10 years, but estimated more like within a few years realistically. It's a way for governmental insurance agencies to take over and push out private care. Do you really want your government (assuming your from the Americas) telling you what can and can't be treated?

As a president his idea is a Nobel and fair one, but insanely poor thought out as well as poorly executed. His entire presidency has been to the preservation of this health care reform and so far it's falling on it's face. The government website itself is a joke and millions of users have failed at even loging into the sight. Since the launch of the website an astastounding 30,000 have signed up. Roughly 7,000 I believe were voluntary which is an even sadder stastistic. As a president you want to have a lasting legacy, but to have a health care bill which ultimately is going to collapse the entire health care system in America within years is terrible. Don't get me started on this guy in general. Richard Nixon was impeached for less than what this president has done in the past 2 years alone.

This list can go on and on as well. His entire issue with lying to public about Benghazi would have gotten any other president impeached. Most of this health care reform bill is based upon lies. People's premiums are increasing and by next year 30% of people will lose their current coverage and be forced to use an approved health care insurance package which the person has no say. It must be approved, even if the person wants less coverage than the government says they should have. Keeping your current health care has already been proven a lie, and finally it's surfacing that they have known since the begining you wouldn't be able to keep your coverage, or be grandfathered in as they said people could be. And the audasity of a president to now say he misspoke in over 30+ times addressing the public about Obama care. Really? You mis-spoke, "you will be able to keep your current health coverage" over 30 times? So each time he stated those words, what he meant to say was, "you won't be able to keep your current health coverage." I call billshap and it's simply a mega cover-up, because people are finally calling him out on this shap.

Don't even mention doctors and the entire medical field itself is about to be rewritten. Free care or subsidized care to people who can't or don't have insurance. Someone has to foot their bill and it will be doctors and tax payers. There's already a doctor shortage in general with ever increasing insurance premiums to cover for law suits and the field in general not what it once was. Just wait until Obama care. Good luck getting treated. Sore tooth? Sure well schedule you in 4 months. Basic exam hah! You'll be lucky to get one more than once a year. I don't think people are as privy to what's going on as they should (NEED TO) be.

End of rant.

Edited by NeVeRWiN

On a serious note, being in the medical field myself Obama Care is god awful. It's entire infrastructure will end up destablizing the entire health care system in America within 10 years, but estimated more like within a few years realistically. It's a way for governmental insurance agencies to take over and push out private care. Do you really want your government (assuming your from the Americas) telling you what can and can't be treated?

As a president his idea is a Nobel and fair one, but insanely poor thought out as well as poorly executed. His entire presidency has been to the preservation of this health care reform and so far it's falling on it's face. The government website itself is a joke and millions of users have failed at even loging into the sight. Since the launch of the website an astastounding 30,000 have signed up. Roughly 7,000 I believe were voluntary which is an even sadder stastistic. As a president you want to have a lasting legacy, but to have a health care bill which ultimately is going to collapse the entire health care system in America within years is terrible. Don't get me started on this guy in general. Richard Nixon was impeached for less than what this president has done in the past 2 years alone.

This list can go on and on as well. His entire issue with lying to public about Benghazi would have gotten any other president impeached. Most of this health care reform bill is based upon lies. People's premiums are increasing and by next year 30% of people will lose their current coverage and be forced to use an approved health care insurance package which the person has no say. It must be approved, even if the person wants less coverage than the government says they should have. Keeping your current health care has already been proven a lie, and finally it's surfacing that they have known since the begining you wouldn't be able to keep your coverage, or be grandfathered in as they said people could be. And the audasity of a president to now say he misspoke in over 30+ times addressing the public about Obama care. Really? You mis-spoke, "you will be able to keep your current health coverage" over 30 times? So each time he stated those words, what he meant to say was, "you won't be able to keep your current health coverage." I call billshap and it's simply a mega cover-up, because people are finally calling him out on this shap.

Don't even mention doctors and the entire medical field itself is about to be rewritten. Free care or subsidized care to people who can't or don't have insurance. Someone has to foot their bill and it will be doctors and tax payers. There's already a doctor shortage in general with ever increasing insurance premiums to cover for law suits and the field in general not what it once was. Just wait until Obama care. Good luck getting treated. Sore tooth? Sure well schedule you in 4 months. Basic exam hah! You'll be lucky to get one more than once a year. I don't think people are as privy to what's going on as they should (NEED TO) be.

End of rant.

So what you're saying is that you watch Fox News.

MSNBC is nearly as journalistically unethitcal as Fox. It's not just the right wing that spews propagandist nonsense. Even the vaunted New York Times is regularily guilty of bias, story engineering, and directing. There really are very few sources taht actually aproach objectivity.

Msnbc is far worse for its opinion pieces than any other station, in fact 85% of its content is opinion rather than actual news.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cable-news-channel-by-far/

So what you're saying is that you watch Fox News.

Oh boy, no way. First of all MSNBC has been proven to have lied of the course of this past year at least 2 times I can think of of the top of my head. Like Both Gino and Dylan said they are far worse. Fox News is a far better option to get the other side at least. However with that said Fox News is one of the few networks on the tv lineup that isn't a democratically run news station. MSNBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, NBC all are democratic news stations. SO to the uninformed voter in America they base all their information upon what these stations report. Your going to tell me that its unbiased news? It cant be and here's why. In 2008 ABC, NBC and CBS all contributed more than 1$ Million dollars to the democratic parties and their associating candidates. TV broadcast news is way to biased to base any real world information from. Your wrong in your assumption of me just watching fox. Because the democratic news stations make fox to be the bad guys, and even vica versa. It's a never ending war and they both have alterior motives. However I am in the health field and can tell you first hand this health care bill is horrible. It's affecting the entire health care system and it IS going to destabilize how the health care system is today. Obama is already pushing for governmental health care insurance agencies. Tell me that's a good idea, please. If and when that happens they can now decide because they are footing your health care bill assuming your in the subsidized bracket of health care what you can and cant get treated. Not only that have you not payed attention to the entire Benghazi incident? It was proven and Obama sweapt it under the rug with other issues that he did in fact lie to the people about what really happened and other circumstances in that entire debacle. Do you not remember Obama constantly reassuring the public that they can keep there current health care plan if they choose? Now its coming out that more than 100 million people are potentially up when Obama care finally runs through and is initialized that they will lose there current health plans as is. Is that not a lie? They will be receiving these letters when he stated blatantly many, many times that they can KEEP their current health insurance. You cannot refute cold hard facts. Why do you think Obama's rating has dropped to just a measly 39% approval rating now? What is he doing wrong? Clearly hes doing something horrid for his stats to fall so dramatically. I am a very up to date person who stays with politics and whats happening especially when it comes to Obama care because not only is it going to affect the people and their personal health care coverage, but people in the entire health care system. Just so you can get an idea, I ask you to go talk to a doctor or nurse at a hospital and ask them what they think of it. They most likely wont have good words. Free health care is a great idea and I get why he wants it. But its not fully thought out one bit and is being poorly executed as we speak. There are so many flaws in this bill its not even funny. With free coverage who do you think gets to foot the bill? Not just tax payers, but the doctors, nurses and medical agencies that get to bill these people (or lack there of billing). If your on subsidized health care and your getting free coverage but need a major surgery it has to be covered some how. Hospitals will be covering this and without these profits hospitals and private practice clinics will be forced to close doors, or increase premiums on other things. Why do you think insurance premiums are already being jacked up? Many top hospitals across America are already finding ways to opt out of Obama care. If it's so good why would they opt out? If insurance companies will be fighting for our dollar as it was so put, wouldn't hospitals want a piece of that pie? Nope, setting forced premiums on hospitals means that they now cannot appropriately provide the necessary medical treatment needed for people because of cost. When a treatment cost $10,000 and the patients insurance only covers $3,000 but they cannot be refused the care who pays that bill? Usually the health care provider. A hospital is a business lets not forget this. If a hospital is to busy providing free care they have too cut back. It means cheaper doctors, less over all treatments, worsening diagnosis' and an ongoing decline of overall health care for the patient. By enforcing these things, essentially you are making the hospital treat these people. Fine I get it, but at the end of the day it would be sub par treatment at best. Ever heard of the Canadian health care system? They have something similar. Look it up and do a bit of research. People in Canada wait months for basic visits to see a doctor. When only certain places will accept Obama care it means all these people will flood to these places. They will be over worked hospitals now a number will be assigned to people to receive basic treatment. Now things will go unchecked, unnoticed and worse off people could die. This list is never ending but my opinion stands and being directly affected by this health care reform bill isn't making my opinion positive. To know my company will be forced to cut back, my patients will lose specialized treatment to meet the needs of the government, not the needs of the patient. And as someone who swore to uphold a patients well being this is not something I agree with one bit. Someone could die, because my company has to make cut backs. These cut backs can cost the patient in terms of health, if not ultimately death.

Edited by NeVeRWiN

No your clearly taking what I said out of context. What im saying is fox is just as biased as other news source. They are the other side of the coin. They provide a different perspective. Any smart person would listen to every source out there. I also do my own personal research as well. But to me it sounds you take your general information off of the tv in general, and frankly id have to categorize you as another uninformed voter if you base any of your information from the television. It's all biased news information based upon the people who fund that network. Fox news is Republic and funded by republicans so its biased towards a Republican view point, but the same holds true for msnbc, cnn, abc, nbc, and even cbs. ALL of those networks are contributors to democratic parties. So I ask this do you take your news from these sources? Not to mention your clearly biased against fox. Which is fine, im a person who wants the truth, neither of those networks provide 100% accurate truthful news. It's all journalism, its not news. If you want news and information you have to do what I do. Look up statistics, keep track of whats happening around you and dig a bit more, other then flip on the tv. Which you asking me if I base my information off of fox it makes me wonder, do you base your information off the tv? What Im trying to say is the average person thinks they know whats going on and what Obama care is. But I myself directly affected know whats happening. I HAVE TO. It affects me as well as all of America but being my chosen profession I have to protect myself and know what to expect from this bill. Because I will get budget cut, insurance from my personal company will be changing our insurance plans. This stuff affects me so I have to care, but more importantly NEED to care. Im 100% against Obama care, but not against universal health care. But what needs to be done is for it to be held off and reworked drastically to account for so many things that aren't worked out yet. It was drawn up so quickly and ideas tossed together that they didn't think of the eventual outcome or the future on what some of these things would affect. Soedenone are you against fox news? Im just curious because you asked me twice, which makes me wonder your either democratic, or trolling. I am a independent if that helps you answer. But in all reality I don't think people realize how drastic this bill is.

Edited by NeVeRWiN

No your clearly taking what I said out of context. What im saying is fox is just as biased as other news source. They are the other side of the coin. They provide a different perspective. Any smart person would listen to every source out there. I also do my own personal research as well. But to me it sounds you take your general information off of the tv in general, and frankly id have to categorize you as another uninformed voter if you base any of your information from the television. It's all biased news information based upon the people who fund that network. Fox news is Republic and funded by republicans so its biased towards a Republican view point, but the same holds true for msnbc, cnn, abc, nbc, and even cbs. ALL of those networks are contributors to democratic parties. So I ask this do you take your news from these sources? Not to mention your clearly biased against fox. Which is fine, im a person who wants the truth, neither of those networks provide 100% accurate truthful news. It's all journalism, its not news. If you want news and information you have to do what I do. Look up statistics, keep track of whats happening around you and dig a bit more, other then flip on the tv. Which you asking me if I base my information off of fox it makes me wonder, do you base your information off the tv? What Im trying to say is the average person thinks they know whats going on and what Obama care is. But I myself directly affected know whats happening. I HAVE TO. It affects me as well as all of America but being my chosen profession I have to protect myself and know what to expect from this bill. Because I will get budget cut, insurance from my personal company will be changing our insurance plans. This stuff affects me so I have to care, but more importantly NEED to care. Im 100% against Obama care, but not against universal health care. But what needs to be done is for it to be held off and reworked drastically to account for so many things that aren't worked out yet. It was drawn up so quickly and ideas tossed together that they didn't think of the eventual outcome or the future on what some of these things would affect. Soedenone are you against fox news? Im just curious because you asked me twice, which makes me wonder your either democratic, or trolling. I am a independent if that helps you answer. But in all reality I don't think people realize how drastic this bill is.

"Soedenone are you against fox news? Im just curious because you asked me twice, which makes me wonder your either democratic, or trolling."

That is just a hilarious answer, implying I have to be democratic or trolling to be against Fox News.

I'm Danish, not American. When I was in highschool in some social studies class we would watch clips from Fox News because it is utterly ridiculously biased. Then we would recieve stats that Fox News was the most watched "News show" in America.

How dare you call me uninformed when you are entirely ignorant as to who I am, where I'm from and what I do.

I would never, in my wildest fantasy, watch Fox News. I don't watch MSNBC or any other News Source from America, but Fox News is so utterly ridiculous that, I repeat, other countries play clips of it in school to make their students see how crazy it can get.

I have no problem with you wanting to be an informed person - power to you, but to make any sort of claim that Fox News is any of the following, is completely misguided:

a) Fair

b) Balanced

c) Reputable

d) Informed

e) Unbiased

I was always wondering if it was all just a ruse. "People can't really think this is actual reporting, and believe this stuff?" I would think about Fox News. Well here you are, putting my claim to shame.

Edited by Soedenone

"Soedenone are you against fox news? Im just curious because you asked me twice, which makes me wonder your either democratic, or trolling."

That is just a hilarious answer, implying I have to be democratic or trolling to be against Fox News.

I'm Danish, not American. When I was in highschool in some social studies class we would watch clips from Fox News because it is utterly ridiculously biased. Then we would recieve stats that Fox News was the most watched "News show" in America.

How dare you call me uninformed when you are entirely ignorant as to who I am, where I'm from and what I do.

I would never, in my wildest fantasy, watch Fox News. I don't watch MSNBC or any other News Source from America, but Fox News is so utterly ridiculous that, I repeat, other countries play clips of it in school to make their students see how crazy it can get.

I have no problem with you wanting to be an informed person - power to you, but to make any sort of claim that Fox News is any of the following, is completely misguided:

a) Fair

b) Balanced

c) Reputable

d) Informed

e) Unbiased

I was always wondering if it was all just a ruse. "People can't really think this is actual reporting, and believe this stuff?" I would think about Fox News. Well here you are, putting my claim to shame.

Neverwin said they stated a different viewpoint then the democratic news stations, not that they were unbiased. Neverwin has also stated that he has a job in the medical field, and that this is why he knows about it, so why do you continue to insult him by saying that he is just watching Fox News? You are the one who first slandered, so do not get offended when your are slandered in return.

Neverwin said they stated a different viewpoint then the democratic news stations, not that they were unbiased. Neverwin has also stated that he has a job in the medical field, and that this is why he knows about it, so why do you continue to insult him by saying that he is just watching Fox News? You are the one who first slandered, so do not get offended when your are slandered in return.

Haha. You've gone off the deep end.

All that guy does is log on to troll the members of this community. Just ignore him and hopefully he will go away to seek attention some where else.

User was warned for this post.

Edited by Quidditch

People in the medical field specialize in medicine, not economics. But then, not even the people who specialize in economics seem to comprehend the subject either. The bottom line is that personal health is treated as a commodity in the US and it shouldn't be. Good health is a necessity of a strong economy and strong society. Sick people don't work and the general response of the conservatives has been, "Let public aid take care of it". Well, public aid is stretched to the limit as is and it's still coming out of public funds just like universal health care would.

And Obamacare isn't even universal health care; it's a list of requirements to which companies offering health insurance must adhere. Automotive makers have similar requirements such as seat-belts and other minimum safety standards, emissions standards, etc so this isn't exactly a new concept. Insurance companies were given the chance for a long time to regulate themselves but each and every one of them was focused on how best to take money and then deny payment for services when the bill came due. Unregulated, private insurance is one of the major reasons that health-care costs have gotten so high here in the States. Regulating the insurance companies such that they can no longer operate like the mafia is a step in the right direction and, ideally, that step will be followed by a single-payer-system of universal public health care. It was stated by a politician recently (her name slips my mind at the moment) that Obamacare payment levels are equivalent to a crystal wine glass and some people want to be able to drink out of a red SOLO cup. The truth is that Obamacare merely provides regulation on what qualifies as a cup so insurance companies can't give you a 4 teaspoon measuring cup with a hole at the bottom and then charge you full price for refills. And I speak as a former pharmacy technician... one of the guys who actually dealt with claims to insurance and handled the myriad rejections and called and spoke to the plan representatives.

So, it breaks down like this:

1) People in the medical field who specialize in medicine aren't the ones who directly deal with insurance and billing and such so their opinion on the matter isn't significantly more informed than the layman.

2) People who specialize in medical billing actually deal with the system and see the inequity and disparity and would be hard-pressed to come to any other conclusion other than the system without regulation is fundamentally broken.

3) People who specialize in accounting for the insurances and see this as a threat to profits that had previously been attained by mafia-like business practices.

4) Politicians who must balance the "campaign funding" (read: bribe money) they get from corporations with the desire to get re-elected (but still don't really know anything about economics... or politics... or much of anything, come to think of it).

5) The layman who knows little of the system and relies on his personal predilection between knowledgeable research and being swayed by propaganda for one view or the other.