Resignation

Wrath

Dear AoS Community,

I have decided to resign my position as a developer as a result of differences I have with the way the game is developed.

I will continue to be a presence in game, on the forums, and on the Mumble server, but no longer in any official capacity. I wish the game and the community all the best.

-Wrath

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Say it isn't so!

Oh well, you did a stuperbulous job.

AoS is looking really dark right now. Sad to see it be this way after playing from 3.0 SotIS. It's too bad that the only people that are serious about this game anymore are packing their bags. Really wish I could see someone else take over the game that plays the game, is active in the community, and has an understanding of how the game is played. (*cough* WRATH)

Good luck Wrath, I believe you will do great things. (bring back SotIS 4.x plz)

I've insulted homosexuality

I've made your job harder

I've trolled you personally.

But. I'll miss you.

Farewell to an exceptional staff member, a man blind to relationships anyone had to the staff and acted without bias. An active developer who took on tasks brought up by the community and fixed them. A beacon of hope for the game during truly dark times. It's a shame those around you didn't share your vivacious enthusiasm for the game.

Goodbye.

I knew this was coming its sad to see it happen though. Im really not trying to be bm what so ever i just find this a little ridiculous.

Wrath told Eco he would not make new content for the game until Eco finished the rest of the WOL heroes he wanted to produce so that way wrath could jump start on the HOTS content. With the hero design contest the reward system, like personal skins for heroes and pets that chase u around in the game etc...

But what happened is The devs made a post on sc2 mapster asking for a developer to pretty much do the same job Wrath was doing....

You can see there post here. http://www.sc2mapste...recruitment/#p1

Im not 100% privy to the events that happened. But at a glance it looks like

1. Wrath said im not doing any more work until you commit to the game

2. Eco didn't want to do this so he had Red make a post looking for a new dev pretty much side stepping wrath

3. Wrath decided to quit.

It looks like there pretty much saying i want another developer to do the work so i can put my name on it.

I know i have been extremely critical of the developers and the state of the game lately, I'm not actively trying to bm any one in my post. Im just reiterating how I, and the majority of the community that i talk to feels. This game could of been awesome on a whole another level. If they did not push wrath and whale away.

Once more, I have nothing against Red or Eco. I respect Red a lot he is always trying to fix our issues and make the changes we suggest. But a lot of the issues are beyond his skill to fix. And a lot of issues he wants to fix he cant because Red has the same problem Wrath did, That this game has Eco... he is a bottle neck for progress. I wish Eco would be more committed to this game.

Another one of my friends quits the game.....

I knew this was coming its sad to see it happen though. Im really not trying to be bm what so ever i just find this a little ridiculous.

Wrath told Eco he would not make new content for the game until Eco finished the rest of the WOL heroes he wanted to produce so that way wrath could jump start on the HOTS content. With the hero design contest the reward system, like personal skins for heroes and pets that chase u around in the game etc...

But what happened is The devs made a post on sc2 mapster asking for a developer to pretty much do the same job Wrath was doing....

You can see there post here. http://www.sc2mapste...recruitment/#p1

Im not 100% privy to the events that happened. But at a glance it looks like

1. Wrath said im not doing any more work until you commit to the game

2. Eco didn't want to do this so he had Red make a post looking for a new dev pretty much side stepping wrath

3. Wrath decided to quit.

That is not the case. Looking for additional Devs DOES NOT imply that Wrath was going to be replaced. Do you see anywhere that explicitly says Wrath will be removed? That is his call if he thinks so. We are simply looking for more qualified Developers.

A lot of theory-crafting you're making about recruiting Develops, and it needs to stop.

That is not the case. Looking for additional Devs DOES NOT imply that Wrath was going to be replaced. Do you see anywhere that explicitly says Wrath will be removed? That is his call if he thinks so. We are simply looking for more qualified Developers.

The last thing i want to do is provide mis information. I really do want this game to succeed. I hope the new developers you find are skilful, But most importantly patient.

I think most of us love AoS, not exclusively as a game but also as a family some guys started to play and other support trough these years being part of gamemakers or not ( just players, mumble users, forum users and so on).

Game has potential, more than it needs to be played but there are some external features what needs to be success. Sadly things like Matchmaking are not possible on Sceditor.

Red

I don't know what happen there. I hope it is all ok for both parts. ( I am really not interested about any discussion or friendship relation) but Wrath said he resignated about his current position so I think that's why ppl think Wrath is removed.

By other hand, just like an advice, don't take it in account if you are not interested. Don't answer directly to some forum people trying to troll or not about development of game ( This is related about a post answering a guy arguing about u and ur patch changes in another post). Sometimes generic answers ( e.g We are working for a better game experience in future...) are better, and not answering one by one personal frustations.

Best whishes 4 all.