How to improve the game.

Doom

This title may sound a little arrogant, I know, but hey, I've been here longer than I think anyone else, and if age = wisdom, my opinions should definitely be heard.

1: Health/Weapon Damage/Spell Damage/ Resists ratios.

Back in the golden age of SotIS, v3.0, heroes were squishy. Very much so. A powerful combo at level 3 from one hero alone was usually enough to take out at least 40% of a non-tank enemy's hp. Right now..... ehhh.... maybe 15% on the weakest hero without an talents and items that improve surviability. A single auto-attack was roughly about 40% of a hero's burst. Right now, on most heroes, one auta-attack is 85%+ as strong as their pre-ult burst. This makes the idea of an auta-attack hero being a "late game carry" frigging hilarious. They are not late game carries, they do as much damage as spellcasters early on!!! In fact, the only reason that spellcasters are still apparently balanced is that their CC has been buffed to hell and back (probably so that they could deliver more auto-attacks. On and so that nubs could land "skillshots". I'll be the first to admit that v3.0 did not have many skillshots. But landing one of those then vs now..... atm, the term skillshots are a joke, since anyone skilled has moved into another game, and scrubs are still landing skillshots with relatively high frequency).

Before I get carried away to all the other things I find wrong with this game atm, some heroes are immortal atm. Micro, Drake, Justicar, Tychus, Balrog, and many more. The idea of fighting them lategame with their 5.5 K Hp, 70% physical resist and 55% spell resist (oh and not to forget, shaptons of cc and tanking abilities) is so sad and stupid that it is slightly amusing). Even AA carries are tanky. 3K hp, 80% phys. res., 40% spell res. easily, without even sacrificing potential damage. Everything is tanky. Rory, a traditionally super-squishy caster is now tanky. 4 K hp, 70% phy. res., 60% spell resist, pas de probleme.

2: CC and mobility.

Sanity. There is none in the people that decided on the average speed of heroes, as well as the duration and magnitude of CC. Movement speed I can somewhat understand. You make the asinine decision to remove transporters, but you still want heroes to get to the tower on the same day as they recalled to pool (you literally copied the stupidest LoL feature with that stupid thing!!). Therefore you buff movement. CC buffs were perhaps needed to counterbalance this and help heroes actually get kills, as opposed to having their targets rocket to the safety of their towers/allies etc. But ffs. Really? FoE.... Nitrogen.... Stun Knife... flobing atom smasher..... Lockbox... taser(maniacal giggling at this point). What enhanced, lab-modified products did you need to put in your crack-pipe before you thought having this much readily available CC options for anyone was a fine idea?

And what about hero abilities? Zeratul. Micro. Justicar. Drake. Jax. Unix. Tosh. (granted, there is less boiiing about this one, ever since the bug where you cannot select tosh's items while controlling tosh + spectres crept up and no one did jackshap about it), sooooooo very many more..... Things were never this extreme. Oh, sure plenty of heroes had CC. But other than maybe old Bio, no one had multiple extreme spells like that.... if you combined the time the heroes above can keep targets hugely dissabled/ practically useless, you would find that it is greater than the combined time of every dissable, great and small from all heroes in v3.

3: Creep wave mechanics. SOOOO MANY flobING CREEPS!!!! if you kept the old low numbers, everyone would have 15+ more fps, and no end-game crashes. Oh and denies. Are you shapting me!??!?! What is the flobing point to deny one, maybe 15 creeps (if you are tryhard about it) when someone will kill 200-600 based on their hero type in a game? Granted, you need many flobing creeps to destroy the flobing ludicrous towers, which are flobing ludicrous because of the flobing ludicrous tankiness, weapon damage, and mobility of AA heroes, and the stupid ease with which they can STILL rape towers.

In summary:

I and very many others have many minor issues with the game as is. But the main, fixable issue all come down to this:

you went overboard. too much tankiness from items, too high potential movement speed, too high disables, too high weapon damage, (slightly) too high spell damage (on SOME heroes. And sunflare gun. And Cerebro. And Argus). I don't know exactly when it happened, but over a great period of time when all of this shap was increasing at a huge rate, this has all become too much. VERY too much. Oh and I still think you are idiots for removing transporters. Please listen to this advice and tone down your raving insanity of a game.

Every sotis v3 inhouse game was based on 1 carry and 4 heroes that didnt really matter much basically.

Carry would go lord or boros or some other I have forgotten and would farm like mad. Task of the other 4 heroes was to either protect this carry when it was ahead, or gank the enemies carry.

If drake was not banned the game would resolve around the river in mid with random plucks and chrono daggering like a shapstorm.

Even though it was fun, the decision to move on was correct.

Sotis v4 came, in the beginning everyone was complaining about the zera bubble and kerri ulti combo which was OP. But in reality players simply hard to adjust to a more refined way of playing.

So no more clustering of a whole team, blasting spells or simply saccing yourself while the carry was raping the other team (with sanctum relic FFS!!!).

Then I smoked a shapload of weed in that periode of my life so I can't really remember in detail what happened. I do remember the game was fairly balanced and there was quite some strats in IH play.

Do remember tank toxi was OP as shap tho, could tank 5 people easy. Think it was boysarn who discovered that, atleast he showcased it in a game once. Anyway who cares bout that.

At a certain point I quit for whatever reason.

Did play an occasional game in v5. The map was ugly as shap compared to v4 and I could not get myself to play that crap.

So a few months back I got bored jerking myself off I guess and loaded up sc2. After 2 hours of updates I could finally play sotis again!!

But wait, where was sotis ffs?!? Was it dead?? playsotis.com was down. Wtf?

A few weeks laters I tried again and I found aeonofstorms. I was like heey cool another moba, turns out its sotis!

Game did drastically change however and I to relearn quite a bit. I did actually enjoy it, mainly cause of new heroes and items I guess.

But never did IH anymore. Was sick of the eternal waiting with a flobing chinese/vietnamese/whatever the flob small eyed bastard tung was, blatantly screaming in my ears.

Never liked the voice of Americans either, so flob that shap too.

Ok so, what im trying to say. Who gives a flob how flobed up the game has become. U either play it as it is now, or you simply piss off.

So you're saying Movespeed, CC, Physical damage, Tankiness, Items, and spell damage are too OP? What are you comparing them to if not each other, what is your reference point? How can everything be OP? None of what you said means anything other than preference unless you compare one characteristic of the game to another.

You have a few points I think are valid. DST is still slightly OP, it should take longer to stack up, so only high HP heroes can effectively make use of it. Physical damage (especially AGI) is outclassed by STR and INT, just slightly. Shadowmourne is slightly too strong.

Yes, everything is amplified and the meta has changed, but I think it's a good thing. Tanks are unkillable late game except if the whole team focuses them, which is how it should be. The rest of the team (STR AAs, AGI, and INT) duke it out first, then hunt down the other team's tank last.

I prefer if everything is extreme, it raises the skillcap of the game. Faster Game speed= those with better reaction times/accuracy will pull further ahead. Faster movespeed=harder to land skillshots, making skillshot based heroes have a higher skill cap. More Spell damage and Weapon damage means that the battle between physical damage AAs and INT spellcasters is more of a chess match on crack than it's been before. Damage compared to HP for both INT and Physical damage is higher than before, meaning reaction times are shorter and tolerance for flobbing an engagement are less. Again, this raises the skill cap. More CC available+positioning is way more important, counter CC is important, and team timing is more impotant. This also raises the skillcap of the game.

Basically what I'm saying is that change isn't always bad just because it's change.

Ad. 1

Contamination Shard doesn't give a crap about physical resistance. Great item for any carry to deal with late game tanks. Besides carries are always ahead to tanks in terms of farm and items. So basically its balanced during almost entire game. Maybe at very late stages of the game its become really hard to deal with heroes like Drake or Akasha, once they become full geared. Still good Grunty with Shadowmourne and Contamination Shard will melt both really fast. So I don't really see an issue here. In v3.0 there was no attribute scaling, thats why abilities were much more powerful and took more HP. Most of those abilities were useless late game. So I like an idea of scaling.

Ad. 2

I agree with your point about mobility and transporters. Transporters should go back, or simply build in TP back to base should be changed into standard TP with some cooldown - like current last utility talent. And there should be sth like max movement speed cap. Some heroes are simply too fast late game (Leo, Crackling, Shadow, Grunty). However I don't agree with your opinion about CC. I would say there is lack of CC in AoS. There are some nice heroes which can provide nice crowd control, but still its really hard to make a successful gank in 1v2 or 1v3 situation with most of the heroes. U simply can't gank anyone without some additional mobility or invisibility in AoS! If u are not Rancor, Nova, Darpa, LZ, Brine, Micro or Unix or some other hero with Phase Cloak enemy shouldn't have any problem to escape. There is lack of set up abilities like long range disables which allow other heroes to get close to enemy. In Dota 2 once u get caught out of position u are simply dead. U can't do nothing unless u have build in blink. Almost every hero provides some kind of CC which basically wont let u escape. Many of them has long range cast. But in AoS u may be surrounded by 3 enemies heroes and still u can escape in many cases. I really wish to see more heroes in AoS with some set up abilities. Then maybe new kind of role will get born in AoS - lane support which would be great.

Ad. 3

I agree. Number of creeps should be constant in my opinion and there should be longer delay between creep waves. Then each creep should give higher mineral bounty, so last hitting and denying become more rewarded. Right now it doesn't really matter when u comparing it to standrad income. Especially if u have some mineral items like Lost Treasure. Amount of denied experience should be higher as well. Still u can be in hard lane solo against for example Micro + Toxi when they keeping u away from creeps, denying most of them, keeping them near their tower and still you will keep up with levels while some mineral item will give u enough income. There is really no way to destroy other hero in lane. Entire laning faze lost old momentum and importance when every denied or last hit creep count. Now in mid lane a may deny half of the creep and still u wont be more than 0.5 level ahead...

I really like where the game is at now, overall I mean.

There is a few things I would change, like reducing the gold/xp that jungles offer and the AA carries have a weaker early-mid game but a stronger late game (they shouldn't reach their full potential as fast as they do now, a big part of this I believe is the jungle and the easily attainable high damage items). Reducing the frequency of creepwaves and increasing the bounty slightly (while reducing the xp/gold from the jungle at the same time) is a good suggestion.

I also like where tanks are right now, but in general they shouldn't be able to do much damage if they go full tank (drake comes to mind).

Besides this, I pretty much agree with Ginosaji. This AoS, it's more extreme and I like it this way. I like how every hero is potentially viable at every stage of the game. Let's not turn this into DotA or LoL.

So you're saying Movespeed, CC, Physical damage, Tankiness, Items, and spell damage are too OP? What are you comparing them to if not each other, what is your reference point? How can everything be OP? None of what you said means anything other than preference unless you compare one characteristic of the game to another.

Essentially this: backdooring is hugely easy, because even with good warding (and let's face it, past 40 min mark, NO ONE places wards....) , an AA carry can run in from out of sight range and do significant damage to towers before anyone can react. Towers have been made stronger to counter this, so all early game pushing against them is futile, unless you get an MK + Gara/Unix lane. Early game spell damage is almost insignificant, so you can derp around in the laning phase without fear so long as you don't get attacked by enemy heroes (aa damage is OP in the start and doesn't get any less so late game) and even more so, the evil archon/ultra. The speed you can get from one place to another means that you are only out of position (therefore in initation range) for a short time. Cerebro is OP. Argus is too good in terms of what it does vs other items (though it still isn't op enough to counterbalance the huge amounts of hp and spell resist available for anyone.

You have a few points I think are valid. DST is still slightly OP, it should take longer to stack up, so only high HP heroes can effectively make use of it. Physical damage (especially AGI) is outclassed by STR and INT, just slightly. Shadowmourne is slightly too strong.

Possible physical resist, reaches insane amounts, so even with the massive amounts of weapon damage, you cannot do shap vs non-glass cannon heroes (a build idea that's no longer viable, since if you don't stack hp and armor, you'll take twice as much damage as you can put out). Everyone except noobs build so tanky that they take forever to kill. Everyone that is a noob builds squishy and dies in microseconds. Its like v5 where all the pros get Vitalize and Last Stand, while all the noobs get shrivel and flash, and the player with defensive talents wins by so much that its not even funny.

Yes, everything is amplified and the meta has changed, but I think it's a good thing. Tanks are unkillable late game except if the whole team focuses them, which is how it should be. The rest of the team (STR AAs, AGI, and INT) duke it out first, then hunt down the other team's tank last.

A tank is usually a good 10 units in front of everyone else. If you want to get to someone else, you have to go through him. An entire team can whale on micro, or drake, or justicar, or tychus, or balrog or erekul and unless they have zeratul to stun him for a huge amount of time, they will never kill him. Besides, why should tanks be attacked last? They deal damage ranging from 80-120% of other heroes (for example, balrog can outdps almost every aa hero, drake can outdps any 3 aa heroes, micro's burst is as strong as about any spellcaster's...)

I prefer if everything is extreme, it raises the skillcap of the game. Faster Game speed= those with better reaction times/accuracy will pull further ahead. Faster movespeed=harder to land skillshots, making skillshot based heroes have a higher skill cap.

Why? Everything happens faster, hitting bola now vs hitting bola then is no different, you still aim for the same spot, just the hero will walk into it faster. If anything, it is harder to dodge, seeing as it moves faster, and you have less time to react and change your vector of direction. Anyways, Captain Lockbox ensures every noob can land every skillshot......) The only thing that became harder was preventing people from backdooring (yes, you move just as much faster from your old version as shadow does, but while before 3 free seconds of attacking the tower before people noticed shadow was there didn't mean much, now shadow can take out 80% of tower hp before anyone even notices him. You might say that increases skill cap for people that need to defend against that bullshap, but I say it makes the decision to jump on the bandwaggon and backdoor the shap out of the enemy as shadow is the simpler and more commonly chosen choice.

More Spell damage and Weapon damage means that the battle between physical damage AAs and INT spellcasters is more of a chess match on crack than it's been before. Damage compared to HP for both INT and Physical damage is higher than before, meaning reaction times are shorter and tolerance for flobbing an engagement are less. Again, this raises the skill cap. More CC available+positioning is way more important, counter CC is important, and team timing is more impotant. This also raises the skillcap of the game.

Nope... just AA vs int, not the other way around (minor exceptions like Null, Raynor, Jack Summers (with lockbox), and Queen exist, but....

AA take out int way faster than int takes out AA. In my last match against highdrator, he was kicking ass with Raynor, but late game, despite the fact that raynor is OP vs most other spellcasters, my team's shadow (a player with ~50 games under his belt) could run straight at him, not even bothering to dodge q + e, and kill him before r charged up. The only hope spellcasters have of surviving is to use their longer-ranged combo, and if it fails to kill the enemy AA because the player had half a brain and got tanky items (which still greatly increase his DPS) then maybe they can run away.

Basically what I'm saying is that change isn't always bad just because it's change.

how to improve the game?

Let more ppl have the power to balance the game.. All these balances you suggested are pointless cuz the two brothers are just going to skim through this page and forget it about in the next 10 minutes. There is no other way to improve the game without a dedicated admin/mod.

how to improve the game?

Let more ppl have the power to balance the game.. All these balances you suggested are pointless cuz the two brothers are just going to skim through this page and forget it about in the next 10 minutes. There is no other way to improve the game without a dedicated admin/mod.

I agree, I haven't scene red or eco really engage with the community on mumble for like 5 weeks. red for like 2-3 weeks. They log on mumble and go to a private channel and ingore every one. OR they log on and just mute and deafen them selves.

Eco was mia like 3 weeks, i made a crap ton of complaints on the forum about the new creeps and other issues. He gets on one night promises us changes, Its been two weeks almost and nothing has been changed

He was supposed to revert the ultra and arcon back to siege tanks but it never happened, Now im fearful that we have to play with these ridiculous creep mechanics in the tourney. He said he fixed the zera unix egg bug but its not, etc...

I don't expect the guy to walk on water. But me and so many others are just becoming every so frustrated in what appears there lack of interest in the game. I mean. The loading screen has said Nighthawk beta test next week for probably 6 weeks now. And i doubt he has even coded a single line for the hero. Eco hasn't even logged on the forum in 7+ days

Like i understand he has a life and he doesn't want to fill his leisure time with 100% aos. but the devs are just lacking, and have been all year. I get the impression that as long as the game is in the top 5 on the arcade list they dont really care about the state of the game, or there current player base

you lost me at aas do more damage than spellcasters early game..

Well early game damage depends heavily on what you consider early game. In this instance, I say early game as first few creep waves, so roughly mid-level 4 for a lane with 2 heroes. In the past, there was absolutely no way that a hero like shadow could solo a hero like rancor 1v1, at this time frame, if the shadow didn't use abilities and rancor did. Right now, my money is heavily on shadow, even if rancor tries to kite (so long as no creeps, towers, allies interfere)

Obviously, at level 6, casters usually get a huge boost in effectiveness vs aa heroes (excluding Boros, who has arguably the best ult in the game) so if you think of early game as level 6-8 you would be correct to say that casters probably have the edge (though not all casters, and even the superb ones are only barely gonna win- and only against some AA heroes).

I agree, I haven't scene red or eco really engage with the community on mumble for like 5 weeks. red for like 2-3 weeks. They log on mumble and go to a private channel and ingore every one. OR they log on and just mute and deafen them selves.

Eco was mia like 3 weeks, i made a crap ton of complaints on the forum about the new creeps and other issues. He gets on one night promises us changes, Its been two weeks almost and nothing has been changed

He was supposed to revert the ultra and arcon back to siege tanks but it never happened, Now im fearful that we have to play with these ridiculous creep mechanics in the tourney. He said he fixed the zera unix egg bug but its not, etc...

I don't expect the guy to walk on water. But me and so many others are just becoming every so frustrated in what appears there lack of interest in the game. I mean. The loading screen has said Nighthawk beta test next week for probably 6 weeks now. And i doubt he has even coded a single line for the hero. Eco hasn't even logged on the forum in 7+ days

Like i understand he has a life and he doesn't want to fill his leisure time with 100% aos. but the devs are just lacking, and have been all year. I get the impression that as long as the game is in the top 5 on the arcade list they dont really care about the state of the game, or there current player base

Have you ever considered the idea that the treatment the devs receive on mumble and in the forums is probably why they are less and less engaged on a personal level?

Seemingly every thread has a post from one of half a dozen or so individuals, talking about how bad the devs are for this, how dumb the devs are for that, how the devs don't care about the game, how the devs don't care about the community, etc

Honestly, if I were receiving that kind of treatment on a regular basis, I'd ignore you too.

I think we should all take the time to remember that we reap the harvest of the seeds we've sewn.

As much as I would love the developers to respond to us and our suggestions, I also realize they owe me, you, us nothing. So for some to insult them or imply insult is uncalled for. We have a choice, and if we don't like the direction the game is going, we can choose not to play.

Have you ever considered the idea that the treatment the devs receive on mumble and in the forums is probably why they are less and less engaged on a personal level?

Seemingly every thread has a post from one of half a dozen or so individuals, talking about how bad the devs are for this, how dumb the devs are for that, how the devs don't care about the game, how the devs don't care about the community, etc

Honestly, if I were receiving that kind of treatment on a regular basis, I'd ignore you too.

I think we should all take the time to remember that we reap the harvest of the seeds we've sewn.

rofl this again, I could of sworn i shut you down in the other thread for the same nonsense.

Dont talk unless you know what your talking about. You have logged on mumble what? 3 times total? And you have never been there for a balance discussion with eco.. Stop spreading this crap

Im sure the reason blue gene isn't finished after what 3-4 months? is because eco got his feeling hurt................

Well early game damage depends heavily on what you consider early game. In this instance, I say early game as first few creep waves, so roughly mid-level 4 for a lane with 2 heroes. In the past, there was absolutely no way that a hero like shadow could solo a hero like rancor 1v1, at this time frame, if the shadow didn't use abilities and rancor did. Right now, my money is heavily on shadow, even if rancor tries to kite (so long as no creeps, towers, allies interfere)

Obviously, at level 6, casters usually get a huge boost in effectiveness vs aa heroes (excluding Boros, who has arguably the best ult in the game) so if you think of early game as level 6-8 you would be correct to say that casters probably have the edge (though not all casters, and even the superb ones are only barely gonna win- and only against some AA heroes).

Laning phase/early game spellcasters have control of the lane. and more damage. A 2-1-3 talent tree on cyprus isnt unheard of to last hit mid with (weapon damage and weapon speed)... and with just a pendant the cyprus has over 100 attack damage to out deny the darpa mid. Other heroes like queen null summers cow unix maar and raynor can harass an aa (say darpa) out of lane with ease 1v1. The aa's weapon damage got nerfed to like 70-75 (with might and building machette) i believe and it really has effected their early game since they can't last hit as easily. But anyways before i get off topic its been my experience that ranged aa's are the weakest early game behind tanks and spell casters. Sorry if i was bm about it.

Wow that was so wise and aspiring...................

It is a good reminder that guys like redhydra and ecko do take alot of shap when they have only been super nice guys to all of us, but to hear it from someone as credible as you is pointless. Theres nothing wrong with stating the obvious: this game can't be properly balanced and maintained by someone who doesn't play the game and is only online once every few weeks to make changes halfly based off what people complain about. Granted ecko has a real life with many other obligations going on, but the issue everyone has is that ecko won't let others help/be more involved in the actual changes to the game. Ex: Wrath was more than accomodating to ecko, but never really got some of his hard work implemented or implemented in a timely fashion. So what happened with wrath: ..k thx bye.

Respect should definitely be directed towards devs, but that respect will never come unless they take pride in the game again. Now dont get me wrong even if ecko was active everyday, he could never make everyone happy in terms of balancing because everyone has a different opinion. However, one could definitely get rid of all the major balancing issues and be an active part of this community.

how to improve the game?

I suggested this to Ecko/Red and got told to frack off..literally.

Granted I did mix it in with the need for an EU mod but the point stands;

We have too many aimless moderators.

What we need instead of 'moderators' is assigned roles for them. I see Red doing more 'moderating' than administrating, likewise with some others. We had African who took the role of tournament organizer - then he went MIA after getting bmed - then Neurotic was assumed to be the de facto promoter. Result? Since Core halted public tournaments we've had no go to man for the competitive scene.

An example of the common sentiment being echoed regarding the Brokentier tournament organization - [A participants view on organization]

nope Red is choosing to be silent for some reason in this thread

Yet there is a refusal among the 'leadership' of this game to invite fresh blood to their ranks to remedy this. I know, as is widely known, that past experiences may factor into their behaviors, such as large scale walkouts. However their ego and reluctance to lose control cannot stop actions which are for the betterment of the game. Presently the competitive scene is dying, EKCO is scarcely on and Mumble is showing barely any signs of revival. Yet their is a refusal to accept anyone to the elusive staff group who is totally compliant with their every demand is unsettling. We've seen Tukey and Clock de-moderated at small outbursts and Whaletits banned from Mumble, all because those in 'power' chose to purge those they felt threatened by.

In conclusion I find the two brothers attitude to be backwards and warped. It's pathetic when those chosen for the role of moderator are vetted to the point they're likely to put up with anything you say/do and minor issues result in severe rebuke.Don't believe me? Check African/Quistmanns latest posts - first time I've seen them say anything critical. Then check member title. Heck the only small protests I've seen these guys do [current moderators], bar Gino, is 'like' posts they agree with. Seriously? Why can't they just bring up these issues with the powers that be? See:Awesomeclock.

TL:DR

Give mods roles.

Don't censor mods.

Widen recruitment for staff.

I haven't been here very long, I've been playing the game for a little over a year and been on Mumble for 10 months. I don't know the situation with Red/Ekco as well as some, but here's what I think.

The game is more appealing to me now than a year ago. The skill cap is higher than it was when I started with all the new changes. Items interact more, gamespeed is faster, there is more CC, and hero roles have been become more well defined with the new items. A larger number of builds, on more heroes have become viable (or maybe the meta just hasn't fully settled). One thing is sure, battle mage has become viable, which is very fun and adds alot to the game. I assume this steepens the initial learning curve as mechanics become more complex as well. Obviously I can't restart learning the game from scratch so I can't know this for sure.

The Devs could certainly be more involved, that's true. I think something can also be said about taking awhile between changing the same thing twice, as rapid changes don't allow the meta to settle. Who knows why Ekco doesn't involve people in development more directly, maybe he feels changes are moving at a good enough pace. Yes there are many bugs and small things, but overall the game is pretty decently polished of a one man MOBA.

The next major step in seriousness of development would be to split it off onto it's own platform, as it can't really grow more as an arcade game within a game that is slowly moving into it's middle/old age. Whether or not this is viable, who knows. Obviously Ekco could involve Wrath more, but I'm not going to comment on that, as I don't know much about that history/situation. I'm not only taking the dev's side. I want bug fixes and new material as much as any of you.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I see parts of both sides that have elements of truth in them. The devs could be more involved, but can't we point out issues in the game/meta-game with rationality instead of ad hominem attacks? It's not just the blatent negative comments, it's the snide, vindictive, sarcastic tone/language that people use. Yes, it allows you to say things you wouldn't be able to say aboyu people without getting punished, but I and many others that have been on Mumble know what you guys actually mean.

It's not only a good idea to do this for the sake of not treating others like ****, it's good for the one directing requests or making an argument. How many of you would respond positively to derision? As guys have noted, you haven't gotten what you wanted, maybe the means employed to get those things aren't working.

Whale was a huge asset to the game, Its just sad he let his ego and anger get the better of him and he couldn't drop the rude attitude.

Whale was one of the few pillars keeping the game moving forward. Wrath is another but Wrath is getting frustrated and has been for a while. He was the saving grace for this game. Eco should of given the game to wrath months ago. But I keep him out of this discussion as much as i can

This game is obviously worse off then LOL or DOTA no one can argue that. I mean how can 1 man's game fair vs a multimillion dollar company. The are only really 2 things keeping me here. My friends who i enjoy playing with, and being apart of the creative process of the game but all my friends are quitting or have quit. And eco is what seems to be increasing online less and less.

Pub games are horrible. Between the leaver bonus and the lack of match making system the games are so inconsistent in skill and enjoyable game play. Inhouse was massive fun. but majority of the good players no longer play. They all quit. The quality of ih I get is no better then most pub games. David, Awesome, Crazy, Alice, Revolt, Whale, Tambourine, Savior, Chimera, and Divine just to name a few have all pretty much quit playing IH, Divine is still active but he only pubs cause as i said above the quality of ih is so meh now he got tired of bad teams, He would rather go pub and 1v5 a pub game then be frustrated at the ih he is playing. I mean when 7/10 games you play are frustrating and not fun whats the point? seems like a waste of your leisure time.

Im not sure how much longer im going to last. A lot of people dont like me thats fine, But im still a beacon of the community and i rally people together and i get games going. If i decided to quit its just another blow to the game.

There is an obvious and clear problem. There has been for a long time. There is a reason why there is a mass exodus of players ever so often. The big problem now is SC2 is a less popular game and there are not that many players filling in the gaps of the people who leave.

@ gino give it some time, You will be in the same position as a lot of the older players are now. As i said above every generation dies out Yours is the newest one. Poor summer child your so green i bet you urinate grass but i do agree some people could be less rude. Buts its not the fundamental problem we have.

/edit i started to think about it and some of your generation is all ready gone lol. Tambourine, Savior, Lettow, Chimera and pretty much all of the core players but for 2, or 3 These were great players who would of filled the shoes of good payers leaving like whale david etc.. But there all ready gone....

Haha, Tamborine and Savior were already part of Mumble when I got on, although I don't know how long they were there before I was. Anyway, I remember about a year ago, when I first started getting on the forums, there was a similar downturn in the number of people playing the game. At least, that's how it seemed when looking at the threads talking about the IH community. I remember one thread even estimating the numbers of mumblers at the time at less that 30-50 total. At that point (Maybe last November) I had started trolling the foums looking for advice etc, as I'd never played a MOBA before.

Maybe I'll become more cynical later in my AOS life cycle as you say Quid, but I hope the game will progess to where I don't have to be. As far as I'm concerned I think it's a better game than when I started playing it, for reasons I've previously elucidated. I remember when Leech would apply before mitigation and how OP it made AAs... I thought I was good because I'd just go glass cannon with Darpa and buy a Darwin to just Leech through anyone's damage.