Penthos Builds

Moo

I like to go 3/2/1, getting weapon damage, weapon speed, lifesteal, health, spell resist, and movespeed. My item build normally goes like this if I don't have to react to anyone getting fed and so on: Duran's Machette, Super-Heated Mantle, a weapon speed item depending on the situation (pyre if they have hp stackers, stun knife for glass cannon aa's, sliptide for spell damagers, lightning rod if there are no problems and I am still farming in lane), then atom smasher, then I go for resist depending on their damage, and try to get tanky-damagy items from there, such as FoE, Nitro, Sliptide, Barbed, Darwins, it mainly depends on the game. What do you guys like to build on him and what do you use for talents?

i love using stars fury, not only is penthos cruel to most heroes but draining all their mana in 2 hits means no chance of escape

I might try a build with star's fury, cerebro, and nitro, then the rest tank. Nitro and Cerebro are already good items on him IMO, and your idea with stars would be interesting, but it means I have to give up atom smasher, which is just an OP item right now IMO. I will try it though, it probably works :)

Atom Smasher, Parallax, Time Splitter, Shadowmourne = GG

Parallax is necessary if u are playing against enemies with stuns/silences/slows/lockboxes, as Penthos is one of the most vulnerable heroes to any kind of CC. Silenced carry still can abuse his AA, but Penthos can't. So if u want play him as carry u gonna need this.

Parallax is necessary if u are playing against enemies with stuns/silences/slows/lockboxes, as Penthos is one of the most vulnerable heroes to any kind of CC. Silenced carry still can abuse his AA, but Penthos can't. So if u want play him as carry u gonna need this.

Ah yes, that would be quite helpful, and it would increase effective health to help with more tankiness. Is shadowmourne just for extra dps or does it specially interact with penthos in some way?

It increase orb gain - because your shadow gain orbs which are automatically transferred to u (same happens to Vorpal). At least that how it used to be, maybe sth got changed about that, hard to tell, haven't tested this. Besides Shadowmourne is great item on every AA hero and Penthos do additional spell damage with his attacks, so ye, it is worth it.

It increase orb gain - because your shadow gain orbs which are automatically transferred to u (same happens to Vorpal). At least that how it used to be, maybe sth got changed about that, hard to tell, haven't tested this. Besides Shadowmourne is great item on every AA hero and Penthos do additional spell damage with his attacks, so ye, it is worth it.

I see, I think I will try that next time I play him.

+FOE for more slow.

Lol I'm feeling lazy right now, and haven't played in like 3 weeks (good computer died). Maybe I'll go find the mini guide I wrote as a response to a similar thread

Is said penthos guide still up to date? I could not find an up-to-date penthos guide.

Moo try this: FoE, Cerebro, Nitrogen Retrofit, Isomorphic Pyre, Superheated Mantle and Organic Carapace, its a slow tanky build... Talents are 4-0-2 with veteran and demigod with the attack speed and dmg one, the intelligence talents are swiftness and youth. Start with machette, then build pulse hammer, proceeded by lightning rod, finish cerebro if u need more farming or FoE if u need more health

I'd change spellresist to armor in the talents, since you can dodge many abilitys by jumping and heal up dots when you are running but you can't dodge aa :p

I like to go tanky dps but I start with stun batton, rod and ihan so q does more dmg and I can heal even faster in the lane. Then pulse hammer and ocelot > Atomshmasher, nitrogen retrofit Timesplitter FoE and sometimes galactic cuz double shields are rly nice to troll enemies ( or even 3 when you stock up r)

I'd change spellresist to armor in the talents, since you can dodge many abilitys by jumping and heal up dots when you are running but you can't dodge aa :p

I like to go tanky dps but I start with stun batton, rod and ihan so q does more dmg and I can heal even faster in the lane. Then pulse hammer and ocelot > Atomshmasher, nitrogen retrofit Timesplitter FoE and sometimes galactic cuz double shields are rly nice to troll enemies ( or even 3 when you stock up r)

I like more spell resist as I get super-heated first along with a few agility items for armor. Also, you can get timesplitter to dodge aa's. :P. Also, atom smasher and penthos q slow down atk speed enough that you don't have to worry about aa's unless they are super fed.

Moo try this: FoE, Cerebro, Nitrogen Retrofit, Isomorphic Pyre, Superheated Mantle and Organic Carapace, its a slow tanky build... Talents are 4-0-2 with veteran and demigod with the attack speed and dmg one, the intelligence talents are swiftness and youth. Start with machette, then build pulse hammer, proceeded by lightning rod, finish cerebro if u need more farming or FoE if u need more health

You can't start machette unless you get wealth, which is why I take that.

You can't start machette unless you get wealth, which is why I take that.

Um, you're supposed to start with three fusion blades and maybe some pots or wards then complete the machete later. Wealth is good on casters but for DPS it's a total waste. Go offense/defense.

umm genlordz.. why do you need youth on penthos.. he doesn't use energy lolololol