High Templar Hero Concept

Moo

Passive- His abilities will deal 10% more damage each second an enemy is damaged by your spells. This is meant to be the make his damage increase hugely over time.

Q - Creates a psi-storm at the target location for 4 seconds that deals 20/40/60/80(10% int) each second and has a 3.5 unit radius. Cooldown: 15/11/7/3

W- Targets an allied unit and makes the targeted unit have a damaging AoE effect around it, kind of like SHM. Deals 5/10/15/20(5% int) each second, and it lasts 15 seconds with a radius of 3 units. Cooldown: 25/20/15/10. An extra way to proc your passive, and it can deal very good damage if you manage to keep it ticking on the enemy for a long period of time.

E- AoE knockback around the hero and applies a 3 second DoT dealing 20/25/30/35(5% int) each second. Cooldown: 20/17/14/11. Meant to give a little survivability and provide another way to proc passive.

R- Maelstrom- Roots all enemies in a 3-unit radius for two seconds and deals 100/200/300(30% int) over the duration of the root. Cooldown: 90/70/50. Main cc skill, teamfight monster and meant to help proc the passive for a long time for that psi storm damage to be devastating.

Overall Notes: I need a lot elp just with general numbers, as I do not know how high or low they should be, and I am counting on you guys to help with that. I want his abilities to deal a small amount of damage, but his passive to increase the damage enough that it starts getting to be huge damage if they stay damaged for too long. I am completely open to and hoping for feedback. :) Oh, and my enter button does not seem to be working when I attempt to use it on this post, so please bear with me on the giant paragraph, please help if you know what is wrong or a different way to make this easier to read, I will just try making the font size different.

The W is similar to Dark Seer's Ion Shell.

I got the idea from Mordekaiser's w, this one just doesn't give armor and spell resist. Can I get some more tangible feedback on this btw (something that lets me change the hero for the better or start inputting damage values). I am not good at knowing how to scale the abilities and I am not experienced enough at this game to tell if he is balanced before playing against him or with him.

Passive - Make it that Templar's spell damage reduces spell resistance by let's say 5% and stacks several times (12 would be enough, a total of 60% spell resistance reduction). So every time Templar attacks with his abilities, spell resistance is reduced by 5%, Make each proc last several seconds like 4.

Q - This is Templar's main skill, I would give it a decent radius but not a lot of damage and very low cool down. It will good for farming but not necessarily killing heroes directly. The main goal of this skill is to proc the passive on as many targets and as many times as possible. This will skill will be a nice set up for your team to really do some damage. It should have a nice cast range as well. This skill will of course do more damage the more the passive is procured.

W - Fantastic ability and works really well with the passive. Can also be cast on an ally hero to aid them in battle. Also a good way to KS. Just keep spreading that spell resistance reduction as much as you can.

E - Nice escape and AoE is good for the passive in team fights. I would've added a 15/20/25/30% movement speed slow after knock back but it's not necessary since nitrogen is a must on this hero .

R- This is the spell that needs the most work. First we need to establish if High Templar is an INT or a STR hero, because he could be either from the description. If he is INT, then this spell needs to be a strong AoE damage spell to synergize and combo with the others. Basically, the hero would use Q, W and E to spread the effects of his passive far and wide and use R to seal the fate of his opponents. If high templar is meant to be a STR hero, than this skill needs to have superb utility like an AoE DoT root that procs the passive and set's the stage for DEATH!

Getting items that also proc the passive would be wise.

If High templar is a strength hero, then perhaps the passive shouldn't just reduce spell resistance, but also steal it temporarily. High Templar would be immune to enemy casters this way but also be allied casters' best friend.

Passive - Make it that Templar's spell damage reduces spell resistance by let's say 5% and stacks several times (12 would be enough, a total of 60% spell resistance reduction). So every time Templar attacks with his abilities, spell resistance is reduced by 5%, Make each proc last several seconds like 4.

Q - This is Templar's main skill, I would give it a decent radius but not a lot of damage and very low cool down. It will good for farming but not necessarily killing heroes directly. The main goal of this skill is to proc the passive on as many targets and as many times as possible. This will skill will be a nice set up for your team to really do some damage. It should have a nice cast range as well. This skill will of course do more damage the more the passive is procured.

W - Fantastic ability and works really well with the passive. Can also be cast on an ally hero to aid them in battle. Also a good way to KS. Just keep spreading that spell resistance reduction as much as you can.

E - Nice escape and AoE is good for the passive in team fights. I would've added a 15/20/25/30% movement speed slow after knock back but it's not necessary since nitrogen is a must on this hero .

R- This is the spell that needs the most work. First we need to establish if High Templar is an INT or a STR hero, because he could be either from the description. If he is INT, then this spell needs to be a strong AoE damage spell to synergize and combo with the others. Basically, the hero would use Q, W and E to spread the effects of his passive far and wide and use R to seal the fate of his opponents. If high templar is meant to be a STR hero, than this skill needs to have superb utility like an AoE DoT root that procs the passive and set's the stage for DEATH!

Getting items that also proc the passive would be wise.

If High templar is a strength hero, then perhaps the passive shouldn't just reduce spell resistance, but also steal it temporarily. High Templar would be immune to enemy casters this way but also be allied casters' best friend.

I want him to be an int hero who can be built support or carry. The passive is supposed to make your powers deal HUGE damage if they are held in your spells long enough. The ulti is to allow your passive to proc longer and give him support capabilities. I might change a few details of how the abilities currently work, but I really like how my concepts are right now. I am adding values so that I can start to balance those. I'm sorry I don't agree with your feedback on the passive, but I feel that changing the passive into a spell resist lowering spell would be too strong, unless I make the amount of shred very low, which would weaken him overall. However, the ulti that is a DoT root could work nicely with how I want this hero to work. It would be have to be a small radius to be balanced, but that would still be quite powerful with his kit, I think I will substitute this for my previous ult.

For your passive, what mechanism do you want to use to have the effect you describe? My suggestion on the passive basically does the same as what your description is but offers a mechanism for doing it. To get your abilities to deal more damage with a passive, you have add an effect to your spell damage that reduces spell resistance and to make that effect increase, you have to introduce stacks. If you want your next ability to deal 5% more spell damage than the previous one, then reducing spell resistance is the way to go.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

For your passive, what mechanism do you want to use to have the effect you describe? My suggestion on the passive basically does the same as what your description is but offers a mechanism for doing it. To get your abilities to deal more damage with a passive, you have add an effect to your spell damage that reduces spell resistance and to make that effect increase, you have to introduce stacks. If you want your next ability to deal 5% more spell damage than the previous one, then reducing spell resistance is the way to go.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

The mechanic for increasing the damage is just to multiply the damage the person would be taking by 10% (this is the increase in damage from the passive if they have been damaged by your abilities for one second), then add that number the the damage currently being dealt to increase the damage. The mechanic is similar to compound interest in an investment. The principle is the base damage from the high templar's abilities, the passive is a 10% interest rate on this principle. I can give you a mathematical equation you would like me to elaborate.