Hybrid Maar

Moo

I feel that the range nerf on his heatwave plus makes it subpar with frostwave in almost every way because frostwave is so much easier to hit, it slows, it's damage is almost as much as heatwave plus. I think that his heatwave plus should travel faster to make up for the range nerf.

-30 base damage but 30% more int is a lot for an int hero. Plus the frostwave is channeled and has less aoe( 1 unit vs 2,5 or 3 units thick) which makes heatwave plus a lot better at doing dmg vs groups of heroes who clump up. After lets say zera ulti or jackson ulti. Or to force heroes to clump up by shooting at the flanks making it easier to ulti by the heroes mentioned before.

Frost wave just is to slow to do that.

It could use a 0,5/1 unit range increase just for feels though

But the time it takes for the heatwave to reach its target is almost as long as the cast time on frost, and the AoE depends on your angle, frostwave could be better. Also, I was told by a person on the Maar guide that the int scaling is only 15% higher, but if he is wrong I take back the "only slightly more damage part", I might have too much faith in people.

scaling is

60 100 140 180 + 50 % int fireball

60 100 140 180 + 60/70/80/90 int fireball +

60 110 160 210 + 60% INT frost wave

Yes the travel time is as long as channel but you can cast another fireball once the first one lands (or faster) can't do that with frostwave as you need to e twice before you can go again.

as for the aeo, the angle doesn't matter. Dmg from frostwave is in a narrow line (like jakk laser) Dmg from fireball is in a area (like jakk minefield). If they are close together you want the area (minefield) not the line.

Because lets face it you can either fill the zeratul ulti for 25% (flat)with dmg or just a small line section roughly 20%(this does depend on angle, but 20% is max) with dmg.

I'd suggest going for 3 fireballs 540 + 270% instead of 2 frostwaves 420+120%int.

I did not think maar was strong since the nerf, but since you guys know more about this game I'll trust you :). The reason I brought this up was that I normally don't use heatwave plus over frostwave unless they are bunched up enough for a guaranteed hit, which was why I thought making them better would be a good idea, thanks for the feedback.

But the time it takes for the heatwave to reach its target is almost as long as the cast time on frost, and the AoE depends on your angle, frostwave could be better. Also, I was told by a person on the Maar guide that the int scaling is only 15% higher, but if he is wrong I take back the "only slightly more damage part", I might have too much faith in people.

Yeah that was me. The 15% was a mistake but the numbers (~75-200 more damage for fireball over frostwave) were correct. Zeend has it right in that the biggest advantage of fireball is the ability to cast it quicker. I standby what I said about frostwave generally being a better choice though. The only time you're going to hit with two fireballs in a row is if the other team is really intent on holding a position AND you have constant vision of the area they're trying to hold. Unless they suck, but if they suck it really won't matter what you do, you'll win regardless. The area of effect on frostwave is actually larger because it runs an entire line, plus you can shoot it off through the fog of war. It is also harder to dodge because the only hint you have that it is coming is that maar stands still for a second. Pre-nerf I felt exactly the opposite. I used to hardly ever use frostwave because fireball did such ridiculous amounts of damage that landing even one fireball was worth sacrificing all the CC from frostwave.

Fireball is still useful to force the enemy heroes off a position, because, if nothing else, it will make them move around. If you do find you like fireball, I found that it's best targeted about 2 units behind whichever hero you want to hit, most of the time they'll see the fireball coming and retreat right into where it actually goes off. Experienced players are usually pretty good at anticipating the spot it will go off though and won't make this mistake.

I'm sure that there are people that disagree with my assessment and that's fine. Cool thing about Maar having so many spells is that a lot of combinations work. Do what works best for you.