so, the question is Are we gonna be upgrade to HOTS?

CoolNoob

I think the general idea is to milk as much as can be milked from SoL to keep the game open to people who haven't picked up HotS yet. I, personally, am waiting for HotS to take a price drop before I pick it up, though I'll probably get it begrudgingly if AoS introduces HotS dependencies before that price drop.

Well, there are other people who are unwilling or unable to buy the expansion. I have the advantage that I can afford it, though I'm willing to wait if I can to save money. Others can budget it if it comes down in price, but not until then so if the game goes HotS, there are some players who will be cut out, at least temporarily. Not to mention I'm sure they're already working on HotS applications to the map so those improvements are already in the works; it's just a matter of when they are implemented. Have you heard of the phrase, "Before its time"? Lots of projects that are otherwise progressive, fail because they jump the gun and try to implement before the audience is ready to receive it. Lots of TV shows that are looked back on with awe for their progressive themes were canceled because, at the time, people weren't ready to appreciate them. Lots of inventions fell by the wayside because, while progressive, the resources to make them economical didn't yet exist. Yes, advancing AoS to HotS dependencies will make it "better", but "better" isn't the only consideration being weighed.

I'd give it 3 years or so.

AoS will be dead by then.

The issue here isn't about lack of WoL models, but it's the popularity of AoS. At the moment AoS is relatively popular on the arcade, if the devs made the leap to HoTs how can they be sure a significant amount of people won't quit their custom game - due to not owning HoTs. The problem would be compounded by the fact that if less people play, the popularity of AoS decreases, which considerably reduces the the chances of new players joining, leading to the games eventual death. A recent casual map on the NA arcade which was previously doing very well, Nexus wars, has reportedly suffered similar consequences - not my example but one I borrowed from a player who I was discussing this with.

All good Arcade games I know who were updated for HotS, have been even more popular since then (e.g. Desert Strike).

So I really don't see the problem doing this step as everyone also know a person who has HotS!

If AoS won't be upgraded in the near future, I really think it will suffer because HotS is "State of the Art" for a while now and I know people who only play Arcades with HotS-content...