Alpha's Hero Guide - Vergil.Nerazim

AlphaQ

Vergil.Nerazim

Note:

These guides are not too into detail with heroes. They are simply to provide a basic understanding of how to play the hero beyond a noob level. I am making these simple guides to help new members of the community try to learn when no one else will attempt to help them. If you have any input or anything else to add, feel free to put them here.

- Alpha

Talent Order:

Q, E, Q, W, Q, R, Q, From this point, upgrade Y,Y,Y and R when possible. If enemy team is AA heavy, max W first.

Talents: 0/2/4

- Fitness (180 hp)

- Vigor (2.3 health regen)

- Prodigy (12% cooldown reduction)

- Swiftness (6% move speed)

- +200 energy, cant remember name atm

- Wealth

Item Build:

First Item - Lost Treasure

Second Item - Components of Ihan (in this order: saphire mox, emerald mox, complete stone thing, then pauldrons) after the regen stone thing is complete, and even the ihan DONT BE AFRAID TO ACTIVATE. constantly activate this item to regen health and mana for more spamming of Q.

Third Item - Gravity Edge

Fourth Item - Flare Gun

Fifth Item - Yamato Reactor

Sixth Item - Complete Sunflare Gun (flare gun ---> sunflare gun)

Seventh Item - Complete Silver Soul (lost treasure ---> silver soul)

Eighth Item - Nitrogen Retrofit

Ninth Item - sell ihan. this item slot is situational, if tankyness is needed, get dst or organic. if support, sword breaker or taser. if more burst, symphonic seed.

Key Points/Playstyle:

- Best to lane with a hero that can harass well, since vergil can easily chase down and finish off target.

- In early game, only use Q if you can hit other hero. Spam often, but save enough energy for E in case of a gank. Vergil is a very energy hungry hero in the early game, closely monitor your energy.

- Vergil is a mid game dominant hero. He heavily relies on an early kill or 2 to snowball into mid game.

- As laning comes to a close and team fights become inevitable, wait until the chaos begins. After a couple seconds, POSITION yourself by blinking in with E, then ulti and try to hit the whole enemy team. If yamato reactor is acquired, use it right before you blink in.

- After the damage is dealt, focus clusters of enemy heroes (2 or more) with your Q, and hit the AA when you can with Q from time to time to refresh damage reduc debuff.

- Towards end game, if you are not completely fed, and everyone begins to even out. Vergil becomes more of a support hero as his burst significantly diminishes.

- End game, Vergil can still deal a good amount of damage, and can still burst down a squishy AA hero, but other than that he is more of a harass and debuff hero while the AA and true int burst heroes fight.

- End game combo, activate yamato, blink in, ulti, sunflaregun, and finish with Q.

no problem remdra ! tosh guide is coming out soon.

and genlordz, he can be quite annoying, but as long as he is not fed, even a taser can put him in his place. although i've seen a couple attempts at a DPS vergil.. i've never seen it successful becomes other than his debuff and evasion, none of his skills really synergies with DPS. i guess if you were to get a contam shard and pyre you could play heavy support against tanky heroes, but again, i've never seen a successful dps build. if you happened to have one, feel free to share and i will update the guide :)

- alpha

no problem remdra ! tosh guide is coming out soon.

and genlordz, he can be quite annoying, but as long as he is not fed, even a taser can put him in his place. although i've seen a couple attempts at a DPS vergil.. i've never seen it successful becomes other than his debuff and evasion, none of his skills really synergies with DPS. i guess if you were to get a contam shard and pyre you could play heavy support against tanky heroes, but again, i've never seen a successful dps build. if you happened to have one, feel free to share and i will update the guide :)

- alpha

Ill try to do a DPS vergil in one of the pubs this weekend I hope and send the replay

I did DPS vergil once, build was Ihan, then get phantom menace, timesplitter, darwins, slipscythe and 1 item which i forgot, oh yeah pyre:D

Cerebro seems good and Stars Fury since they add int and more AA power. Star's Fury is just to add to his attacks, while Cerebro seems to be nice to add to Inty-AA Verg.

I mained Vergil for a long time and dominated. He's the perfect mix of survivability and sustained damage in my opinion. Because most people build glass cannons, his lack of extreme burst doesn't end up hindering his game play very much at all until the very late game. Overall I think this is a good guide and is accurate in depicting him as more of a harass then burst hero.

The only thing I see with this guide that I disagree with is getting an early W and "refreshing the stack" with an AA. If you are playing Vergil correctly, an AA hero should never be close enough to deal damage and inversely you should never be close enough to AA. His harassment is strongest because he can whittle down an opponents health WITHOUT risking any of his own. Be trying to get an AA off on an enemy hero you are less able to do your job. While his W seems good on paper, getting in that close is not worth it.

Muto, i think you have read this wrong or i typed it badly -_- but what i mean by refreshing the debuff on the AA is: Use your Q and target the enemy AA carry so the wep reduc debuff is refreshed on the enemy carry. not run up to the enemy and AA them :)