No Rating Loss for Quitting

Manwich

Too many times in last month have I been playing public and am q'd up groups that have 1-2 leavers, droppers or afks. The ones that stay in refuse to surrender even when they are the ones that feed. I'm forced to take a rating loss completely disproportionate to the times I've spent getting the rating up, or sit in the game either take a major kdr loss because I have no team. Or just sit in the pool til game over.

Can there be a way no rating is lost for quitting? Why can't rating just be increased for playing to the end, and no effect otherwise? Makes no sense. There is no consequence for low rating, and the people that intentionally quit don't care. The only it hurts are the ones that actually would like to get their rating up, and therefor are forced to sit through hour long games that are completely void of fun. It's like I'm being forced to play in groups of 3-4 just to make sure I can end a game timely when people refuse to surrender.

Why ppl care about rating:

1. Because they think that will prove they are better players.

2. Because they take it as a personal challenge (lets see how much I can get).

3. Because flob you that's why.

Any of the reasons is stupid anyway due to the fact that in pubs if you don't stack teams the games will most of the time be bullshap. So rating will not matter in the end.

I've seen flobtards with no skill and platinun badge, and smart guys who made me had a hard time with silver badge.

The rating is a nice feature that has gone completely wrong because AoS is full of trolls and boiies, including myself. The AoS community isn't competitive and as long as the game is attached to SC2 it will never really attract attention. However, some people treat it like it's pro level LoL or Dota play and for me, there is no better feeling that to crush these peoples spirits. Trolling is an easier avenue of fun in this game rather than stressful grinding and frustrating teammates. Ratings only matter if the population cares, and the majority finds more pleasure in trolling and ruining other peoples fun. ergo, vis a vis, concordently.

I would love to see the rating system work, but this is a custom map created through SC2 so to expect any type of pro level play is naive.

I appreciate everyone's opinions about how rating doesn't matter. No offense though, i wasn't posting to you. I was posting to the people who have the ability to change the feature. They're the ones that put it in the game. Obviously they had an idea about it. I'm asking to have a feature that they decided to put in the game to be changed so it's more of an accurate reflection, not a built in aggravation.

I realize the rating doesn't actually change anything about my gaming.

I appreciate everyone's opinions about how rating doesn't matter. No offense though, i wasn't posting to you. I was posting to the people who have the ability to change the feature. They're the ones that put it in the game. Obviously they had an idea about it. I'm asking to have a feature that they decided to put in the game to be changed so it's more of an accurate reflection, not a built in aggravation.

I realize the rating doesn't actually change anything about my gaming.

I appreciate you explaining that you don't care what we think, you just want the devs to do what you want, but not trying to be offensive here but we weren't really posting for you. We put forth our counter opinions to your own in the hopes that the devs wouldn't waste time on a feature change that is neither needed nor wanted by the majority of the community, but instead would spend their time working on new heroes, finishing new items, and balancing the game. If you happened to read our counter opinions and agree or benefit from them, that was just a bonus.

I appreciate you explaining that you don't care what we think, you just want the devs to do what you want, but not trying to be offensive here but we weren't really posting for you. We put forth our counter opinions to your own in the hopes that the devs wouldn't waste time on a feature change that is neither needed nor wanted by the majority of the community, but instead would spend their time working on new heroes, finishing new items, and balancing the game. If you happened to read our counter opinions and agree or benefit from them, that was just a bonus.

You're basically making an argument against something you have already admitted you have no care in the world about. And you're being an ass about it. t doesn't affect you. You're not the Guardian of the Devs. Why would you have a problem with a feature that doens't change you or your gaming being changed to be something more meaningful?

You're basically making an argument against something you have already admitted you have no care in the world about. And you're being an ass about it. t doesn't affect you. You're not the Guardian of the Devs. Why would you have a problem with a feature that doens't change you or your gaming being changed to be something more meaningful?

I have re-read my statements...I don't recall saying that the feature was useless to me, or that I don't care about it. I love the new rating system, especially compared to the old, and don't want to see it ruined. Hence why I posted my opinion.