Starscream

KingJiggly

I like Starscream. Nice design, nice idea behind what they are trying to go after. However, Ibelieve he needs to be buffed slightly. His passive skill,where it gives him bonuses and when active it gives you 2.5 seconds of 4 times whatever that number you have is, is very bad when he is in flight mode. Even with +15% movement speed given by this passive, he is easily outrun, and the 2.5 seconds simply isn't long enough for him to chase anyone down. His flight mode also makes his Q skill (Can't remember name...) useless, becuase his normal weapon attack outreaches his Q skill, with all the rockets. So, due to this you move up, then the next thing you know your getting dragged by a roach across the map for +65% damage (its an example...).

Basically, I find his flight mode almost useless, being more of a burden than a help. I mean, +65% damage is done to you for a 15% speed boost, it also makes one of your skills useless in several occasions, which also makes the +3 add on to you weapon useless cause you have to move up to make use of that skill (assuming you move up... even if you don't it still isn't that good). I know you can fly over terrain, but most chars simply walk around it when fighting you, or even pull you/ stun you. It just isn't worth the trade off. My idea to fix this is to add more to the speed boost, and while in flight mode the Q skill (rockets) has a longer range to fit the new weapon attack better, and as tradoff lessens the width of the skill, it would be fine. I also think that the passive doesn't fit this character. He is here to DPS, and while he can kind of tank, healing 10 seconds AFTER the battle doesn't matter if you are already dead during it, it just allows you to harras longer and farm a little longer, but it doesn't do anything while actually doing its description: DPS. What are your thoughts?

He's only DPS when he's in flight mode, due to it double procuring item affects such as Force of Entropy, Pyre, Lightning Rod, etc(I believe). He's there to tank when he's not in flight mode, due to his w, which gives passive resist, and a lot of active resist. His heroic passive acts as a mini-Organic Carapace, very useful for laning and to regenerate his massive hp back, because massive hp really helps him in flight mode. Not many heroes get a movement speed boost at all from skills... so his 15% boost to it in flight mode is great... and the 60% with active is faster than LZ's Overdrive...

He is fine as is, if anything his double procuring item affects should be nerfed... (I haven't tested it but have heard from people who have tested it... Definitely seems like there is enough lightning from FoE to be doubling...)

Making the range longer on his Q during flight mode might be interesting, but if you want to use it, switch back to Assault mode so that you don't get owned when close to creep, just have to keep an eye on what heroes your laning against.

The funniest thing you can do with starscream is buy phase cloack, use Q+R then cloack in air mode and see how enemies are bombarded by an invisible force

Lol. Yeah this has happened to me before. But the I think the best part is when I have truesight, and starscream gets 3 shotted in the air.

Lol. Yeah this has happened to me before. But the I think the best part is when I have truesight, and starscream gets 3 shotted in the air.

that's not funny :( it happened to me with the retard of nova, i was fliying so happy and a retard nova just hitted me 2 times with his OPness and killed me, finally i made her ragequit with my ground mode tankiness

The funniest thing you can do with starscream is buy phase cloack, use Q+R then cloack in air mode and see how enemies are bombarded by an invisible force

Fun to do with MAAR and superheated mantle and destroyer aura as well and force the other team to buy elixir very early in the game. Never tried it with Boros and spell storm though.

He is meant to tank. And he is the only hero right now that can abuse the outskirts of the map and fly over areas that u cant get vision of. Until that is fixed he should definitely not get a buff. He can attack towers without getting hit by them. And ground mode he is just a tanky flober with decent dps.

Definitely not weak and definitely does not need a buff in any way.

I say change his ult, q, and heroic passive by so much that he is not recognizable, and actually takes skill to play. He may not be op, since pretty much anything can deal with him somewhat well, but he is a very cheesy hero with the computer doing all the work for you, while you don't even need to point and click. He is not fun to play against, nor is he very fun to play with. The flying concept is great and all but everything else has got to go.

His Ulti and Heroic Passive are ridiculously powerful. His Q has horrible actual damage output; so I don't think it's that bad.

And his E makes him take too much extra damage at early levels-- perhaps 80/70/60/50% extra damage would be enough; but in return have more benefits from levelling it; perhaps it increases attack range by 2/2.5/3/3.5?

Ulti is ridiculous as it deals stupid damage (1050 + 500% INT over 15 seconds iirc) ON A TANK. And Starscream isn't just any ol' tank, he's a MEGA-TANK. SFG + Pyre + STR/INT items -> Dead anybody who engages.

Well, here is my radical idea (i played quite a bit of starscream when he was released).

For the Q, his carpet bombs do weapon damage... Or it generates a small patch of napalm (which would do immolation damage).

To be honest, the ultimate doesn't seem to fit him... i see the similarity with the lost viking arcade stuff, but it would be more fun if his ultimate would switch his attack to plasma beams (pew pew!).

IMHO flight mode is useless except to go off the map. There is no point in taking more damage. He is a better tank. His carpet bomb is pretty cool and his ult rapes your face off. His heroic passive reminds me of garens passive from LoL.

His flightmode is very useful in combat, just you obviously don't just attack and move with him. Get at least 250 weapon damage, a black hole magnum, and a nitrogen refit, and you can kite all day long by spamming his abilities to proc BHM which not only does quite a bit of damage, but also slows the enemy target 35% for 2 seconds, then rinse and repeat.

His flightmode is very useful in combat, just you obviously don't just attack and move with him. Get at least 250 weapon damage, a black hole magnum, and a nitrogen refit, and you can kite all day long by spamming his abilities to proc BHM which not only does quite a bit of damage, but also slows the enemy target 35% for 2 seconds, then rinse and repeat.

I usually go with foe and electric rod. Then I camp on top of the walls outside opponents base and kill them as they come out. I should try black hole though...

Archived