Optimus.Prime

sgtvile

Hello everyone, this is a duo hero suggestion by Sgtvile (me) and Eliwan. 40/60 respectively.

Hero idea and posted by: Sgtvile

Hero made by: Eliwan

^ thats basically it.

Changelog:

07/23/2012

- Began creation.

07/25/2012

- Edited all skills

Type-URL-for-Image-of-Hero-Here

Name: Optimus.Prime [/size]

Portrait: ???

Unit Base: Terra-Tron

Script: It's Optimus. e_e Do I need to say more?

Starting Stats:

Base Health 260

Movement Speed 0.8

Attack Range 4

Attack Speed 1.8

Base Damage 27

Base Armor 3

Strength – 30 + 7*

Agility – 20 + 4

Intelligence – 24 + 5

--

Abilities:

Heroic Active: Laser Strike [E]

"Optimus fires a laser from his weapon, dealing 50 + 10 * Lvl damage in a line. All hit enemies are stunned for 1 second and are slowed by 40% for 3 seconds."

Cooldown: 25

Range: 6

Effect: Optimus' main CC and supremely useful in laning.

--

Ability One: Roll Out

"Optimus transforms into a truck after charging for 1 second and moves at a speed of 5 in a target direction, stopping if touching an obstacle/terrain but not a unit. A unit cannot be damage more than once in a second. Maximum range of 12 on all levels."

Energy Cost: 75 + 20 per level

Cooldown: 21

Range: 4 to cast

Level 1: Truck deals 85 (+50% INT) damage to things it touches.

Level 2: Truck deals 120 (+50% INT) damage to things it touches.

Level 3: Truck deals 155 (+50% INT) damage to things it touches.

Level 4: Truck deals 190 (+50% INT) damage to things it touches.

Effect: Well, it wouldn't be Optimus if he didn't have "Roll Out" on him somewhere. ^_^ And it wouldn't be Optimus without a Truck! Used as a CC/Escape ability.

--

Ability Two: Orbital Drone

"Optimus calls down a flying Drone from orbit. Orbital Drones are invulnerable and explode after 60 seconds of deployment and deal damage. Orbital Drones are able to be manually detonated and move at a speed of 3 Orbital Drones are not obstructed by Terrain."

Energy Cost: 90

Cooldown: 60

Range: Self

Level 1: Orbital Drone has 6 Sight range, and deals 50 (+20% INT) damage on explosion

Level 2: Orbital Drone has 8 Sight range, and deals 75 (+20% INT) damage on explosion

Level 3: Orbital Drone has 10 Sight range, and deals 125 (+20% INT) damage on explosion

Level 4: Orbital Drone has 12 Sight range, and deals 200 (+20% INT) damage on explosion

Effect: A scout/damage tool. Orbital Drones are NOT cloaked and are COMPLETELY visible; they are just invulnerable. ^_^

--

Ability Three: Laser Refinement

"Optimus refines the laser on his arm, increasing the range of Optimus' attack, Laser Strike and Roll Out, increasing the duration and energy of Orbital Drones, and increasing the damage of Saw Blade."

Energy Cost: Value or Description

Cooldown: Value or Description

Range: --

Level 1: Increases range of attack by 0.5, range of Laser Strike and Roll Out by 1.00. Increases the Orbital Drone's speed by 0.25 Causes Saw Blade to deal an additional 35 Spell Damage.

Level 2: Increases range of attack by 1.0, range of Laser Strike and Roll Out by 1.75. Increases the Orbital Drone's speed by 0.5. Causes Saw Blade to deal an additional 70 Spell Damage.

Level 3: Increases range of attack by 1.5, range of Laser Strike and Roll Out by 2.50. Increases the Orbital Drone's speed by 0.75. Causes Saw Blade to deal an additional 105 Spell Damage.

Level 4: Increases range of attack by 2.0, range of Laser Strike and Roll Out by 3.25. Increases the Orbital Drone's speed by 1. Causes Saw Blade to deal an additional 140 Spell Damage.

Effect: A simple passive but a great power to have; with longer ranged attacks on Laser Strike this means that you will be disabled for longer while the laser is firing but you will have more range to attack with. Orbital Drones can scout for longer and can move faster.

--

Ultimate Ability: Saw Blade

"Optimus throws his energy saw at the target area, dealing damage at that point after a delay based on distance from Optimus. Enemies hit by saw bleed for 5 seconds."

Energy Cost: 180/240/300

Cooldown: 70/60/50

Range: Infinite, radius 2

Level 1: Deals 300 (+80% INT) damage. Bleed deals 5 damage/1s

Level 2: Deals 400 (+80% INT) damage. Bleed deals 10 damage/1s

Level 3: Deals 500 (+80% INT) damage. Bleed deals 15 damage/1s

Effect: Farther distance = more luck/skill but probably more potent. Infinite range.. just because.

Saw Blade moves at speed 6.

--

Additional Information

--

Closing statement

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion![/size]

I kind of agree with Omni, it doesn't sound terribly like Optimus. It would be more interesting if he turned into the truck for Roll Out, however that would give him a very nice escape/chase, which may be op. Also when I think of Optimus I think of his sword, which I realize is kind of his ultimate, but I think it would be interesting to give him a melee option? Maybe make another hero that switches weapons, or make his ultimate switch to his sword, but that would be similar to Leo's Ult where he does a lot of extra damage and it's melee... Since he doesn't have much to stun or slow enemies going for him a melee Ultimate might not work well, unless he did turn into the truck, it would allow him to give chase and use his melee a little better.

His drones sound Op imo, let's say you have like 200 strength and 300 intelligence, so they'd have 9 energy + 8 from his passive, so 17 attacks, at 39 dps, lasting 85 seconds, with a CD of 20, so you could have 4 out technically for a decent amount of time if you have timescale items, so thats 156 dps, for 15 seconds, that are invulnerable, so you can't do anything about them besides run faster than them if you have boots, but if you have to go around terrain theyll easily keep up with you. That totals 2340 total damage over 15 seconds, but again, that's if they keep up with you... (Yes, I realize one probably will die halfway through but still...)

I just don't like the idea of the invulnerable drone, it would be too good of a harass early and mid game, because all you can do is run away or tank it.

Well, he did say that he wanted Terra-Tron to be the model. I was thinking more about things that fit the Terra-Tron than Optimus; but you do make a good point-- this isn't very Optimus-y.

And Optimus hardly ever uses that sword... Plus, it's not even =his=. It's the fusion of 3 of the Mini-Cons; so both he and Megatron both use it on occasion.

Plus, as Optimus proved in one episode, it sucks as a weapon. It's freaking invincible, but it can't cut very well.

Well, he did say that he wanted Terra-Tron to be the model. I was thinking more about things that fit the Terra-Tron than Optimus; but you do make a good point-- this isn't very Optimus-y.

And Optimus hardly ever uses that sword... Plus, it's not even =his=. It's the fusion of 3 of the Mini-Cons; so both he and Megatron both use it on occasion.

Plus, as Optimus proved in one episode, it sucks as a weapon. It's freaking invincible, but it can't cut very well.

I was just thinking of it in the movies, they made it look BA in the movies ;)

Hey guys, seems like majority of the people dont like this idea. The whole purpose of my idea was to get a Terra-Tron into AoS. If you guys can come up with a better hero idea for Terra-Tron, go ahead. But still, seeing as OP-timus is a bit overpowered, just tell me what to fix/nerf and I'll do it.

I like the idea of Optimus for a Terra-Tron, I just think it should be MORE Optimusy. I would somehow nerf the drones, or get them implemented and see how they work... lol. But I like the idea of him somehow using melee, though the sawblade idea is interesting, sounds easy to dodge though at 4 ms? What's Grunty's rocket move at?

I dont think it's 4-5 movespeed. 4 movespeed is achievable with Zera or Leo with boots and Arcbounds. In fact, Grunty could possibly move at 5 ms while in the river and with the right items. If he can catch up to a rocket, then it's 5 movespeed. Although, I don't think he'll be able to.

Hey guys, I edited all his skills. 1. His skills have huge mana costs for a Str hero 2. Roll out is used for escaping/CC 3. Drone now explodes for damage (either manual deto or wait for timer to run out). Also, you cant spam his drone really often to have it follow a hero then deto (I made it harder). 4. His saw blade is now more useful.

How about it? Suggestions would help this hero greatly. The idea for Optimus is for him to be a mana-heavy spell damage dealer.

The idea of this hero is good but the design is terrible. His w is op and no hero/champion has ever had a heroic active in any Dota game with exception of tass since he was a broken hero multiple clones would be op and his clones define him.

When I first read this, I hated you so much :( The design isn't terrible, It just needed suggestions. I edited him and made him a little better still. Btw Fine.Brine has a heroic active, derp.

Wouldn't it be awesome for AoS to have a first-person shooter mode? Then this hero would look totally epic!

But for Saw Blade, isn't the bleed deal way too low damage? Or there's something I don't understand?

The reason behind bleeding is easy. Have you ever shot an uber-long ulti with cow and hit a guy super far away, JUST to see him live with 20 hp? I hate when people survive a shot that deserves a kill (especially from halfway across the map...), so i added the bleed feature to finish them off.

The reason behind bleeding is easy. Have you ever shot an uber-long ulti with cow and hit a guy super far away, JUST to see him live with 20 hp? I hate when people survive a shot that deserves a kill (especially from halfway across the map...), so i added the bleed feature to finish them off.

Ah, but what if the enemy survives the bleed with 20 hp too!? That would be even more of a disappointment. So, it's probably better if you added 100 to the base damage instead:D

Well; I honestly have to say that I actually prefer the new one. It's better thought out and more interesting. :D

Although you made a typo in the description of the E, it still says "Orbital Drone's duration and energy" when it should say "Orbital Drone's duration and speed".

Archived