Go from zero to Pub Hero!

Update with list of valued friends who might mentor a rookie: JustBooom, Yaldi, JustSAfrican (?, please confirm).

Let me know and I'll add your name to the Mentor pool :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, it's happening. As previously alluded to in annother thread, I'll be taking on a rookie AoS player and teach him/her all I know (which frankly isn't all that much). Requirements apply, see the video and description for more details!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_fOm1FJDJg

Am I an awesome AoS player? Not by a long shot, I may not even be a decent one, but what we can certainly do is raise the level of gameplay and help rookies over the initial frustration dump!

If you want to join me in this noble endeavour to rid the public games of noobs and get more people into inhouse games, please state as much in this thread! We might even be able to get a small competition a la best improved rookie going, we'll see.

Which region is this for? I went on SEA for the first time yesterday, was fun pubbing with the SEA trolls. The skill level in pubs seemed higher, but then again the server was almost dead, and apparently according to Durrr the people I was playing with where the best in SEA. Hopefully you'll change that ;D

PS: Welcome back to Aos. Although I never go to know you, I do remember your name from new hero videos (I think?).

Please cast this "When Skydie met the SEA Trolls":

http://drop.sc/346382

Some background to this:

I'd played 1 game before with the SEAmen but that was easy and lasted very little time. So James switched teams to make the next game balanced and joined Durrr (pretty good player), I challenged the SEAmen to pick any hero for me. Chodes picked Darpa for me, and said for me to get the most kills in this game. I disagreed, Darpa OP. So I picked Cyprus and still won the challenge, with the best K/D of em all. Nice ksing - kill securing.

You obviously haven't met all the SEA trolls. I wasn't in that match.

Anyway, Overrated, it's great that you've taken the initiative to do something like this. However, I think that a post in the forums wouldn't really reach out to your target audience. Few pubbers actually bother to visit the forums. I suggest you grab some proactive people to spread the word mouth, or at least direct people to the forum page.

Anyway, Overrated, it's great that you've taken the initiative to do something like this. However, I think that a post in the forums wouldn't really reach out to your target audience. Few pubbers actually bother to visit the forums. I suggest you grab some proactive people to spread the word mouth, or at least direct people to the forum page.

I agree. This post is in part to get the word out, I will be spamming information at the beginging of all pubs from now on and hope y'all will do the same :)

I am available to give free tips for everyone who wants. As I expect an enormous float of people, willing to take advantage of my priceless advices, an application form should be written first.

I want your name, ingame username, character code and age. Female users are highly encouraged to send a hot pic as well directly to me.

Others, please send your application forms to both users with the names "Yaldi" and "JustSAfrican"

Actually today I asked Misauri who the best SEA players where, I almost chocked on my snack bar when I found out that you were rated #2 on SEA, after Enaigon. Gee I would disagree. Chode #1 Stealth #2 Michael #3

I am available to give free tips for everyone who wants. As I expect an enormous float of people, willing to take advantage of my priceless advices, an application form should be written first.

I want your name, ingame username, character code and age. Female users are highly encouraged to send a hot pic as well directly to me.

Others, please send your application forms to both users with the names "Yaldi" and "JustSAfrican"

if someone asks me i will be more than happy to help:)

Actually today I asked Misauri who the best SEA players where, I almost chocked on my snack bar when I found out that you were rated #2 on SEA, after Enaigon. Gee I would disagree. Chode #1 Stealth #2 Michael #3

I am sorry but i have to put him up there or else i will end up like chode with the name codywody420noscope on mumble .... i value my pride .

Michael as in the Panda clan guy...? He is number 3? COME OND: And.... Who's Chode?

Michael as in the Panda clan guy...? He is number 3? COME OND: And.... Who's Chode?

Fairly sure chode is Mastercodes. I'm probably wrong though.

Also, it's great to hear someone taking the initiative and attempting to do this. I attempted to do this a bit a long time ago via the AoS HelpANoob Group, but it kinda failed. Good luck, and hope this turns out better than mine did.

Fairly sure chode is Mastercodes. I'm probably wrong though.

Also, it's great to hear someone taking the initiative and attempting to do this. I attempted to do this a bit a long time ago via the AoS HelpANoob Group, but it kinda failed. Good luck, and hope this turns out better than mine did.

So uhm, can I add you to the mentor pool? Pretty please :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 6/27/2013 at 2:55 PM, Overrated said:

Update with list of valued friends who might mentor a rookie: JustBooom, Yaldi, JustSAfrican (?, please confirm).

Let me know and I'll add your name to the Mentor pool 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, it's happening. As previously alluded to in annother thread, I'll be taking on a rookie AoS player and teach him/her all I know (which frankly isn't all that much). Requirements apply, see the video and description for more details!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_fOm1FJDJg

Am I an awesome AoS player? Not by a long shot, I may not even be a decent one, but what we can certainly do is raise the level of gameplay and help rookies over the initial frustration dump!

If you want to join me in this noble endeavour to rid the public games of noobs and get more people into inhouse games, please state as much in this thread! We might even be able to get a small competition a la best improved rookie going, we'll see.

Please can you remove @Yaldifrom this list. Unfortunately while he's never had any hands, he's also lost his sight through being a boomer. In his place I recommend @PurePsycho

Edited by Aphonia