Zasz.Returned

Legomancer

Changelog:

06/26/2012

- Made Zasz more resistant to spell damage and less evasive. This is to make auto attacks possible in killing him, but still keep spell damage as the better way to kill him.

- Changed Zasz's Q from Attack speed reduction to Spell damage

- Made his ultimate possible in the program. (maybe)

06/24/2012

- Q ability added, minor spelling mistakes fixed.

- Second possible heroic passive added, second possible ult added.

06/23/2012

- Created

Overlord_SC2_Head1.jpg

Name: Zasz.Returned

Portrait: Overlord

Unit Base: Archon, but instead of a white energy cloud, Zasz is covered in black broodlings. (Voidlings)

Type: Agility Tank

Script: Zeratul thought the Cerebrate of the Garm Brood was dead. Zeratul was wrong. Zasz was only transported, through Zeratul's dark energy, into the cold lifeless Void. With nothing to infest, no zerg can survive right? Wrong. The Zerg are nothing if not adaptable. Zasz siphoned energy from the black abyss, creating a new swarm of "Voidlings" which he used to return back to our demention and seek revenge.

Starting Stats:

Base Health –250

Movement Speed –2.75

Attack Range –3

Attack Speed –1.7

Base Damage –28

Base Armor –3

Strength –20+3

Agility –30+7

Intelligence –20+3

--

Abilities:

Heroic Passive: Void Conversion

"Armor points are instead added to Zasz.Returned's evasion chance by 1.5% per point of armor."

Effect: Stacking tons of armor makes him very hard to hit, but managing to hit him will easily put him in the ground.

OR

Heroic Passive: Determination

"Zasz gains 5% evade chance per second until he successfully evades an attack, which causes this buff to start at +0% again."

Effect: Like the Demon Hunter's Crit Chance ability in Diablo 3, only in AoS.

--

Ability One: Brood Toss

"Zasz throws a part of his Voidling cloud at target, dealing damage and lowering spell damage."

Energy Cost: 55/75/95/115

Cooldown: 9

Range: 9

Level 1: Deals 50 [+50% INT] damage. Lowers target's spell damage by 5%.

Level 2: Deals 75 [+50% INT] damage. Lowers target's spell damage by 10%.

Level 3: Deals 100 [+50% INT] damage. Lowers target's spell damage by 15%.

Level 4: Deals 125 [+50% INT] damage. Lowers target's spell damage by 20%.

Effect: A small reduction, but it can be effect when used often and preemptively. The animation would be Zasz throwing his cloud at the target, but the cloud splits up. So Zasz's original cloud remains the same, just another one is spawned right over it, syncing perfectly to look like one cloud, and one of those is pushed toward the target.

This is probably a skillshot, if only for the animation.

--

Ability Two: Replenish the Swarm

"Gain 100 life. Reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1/2/3/4 seconds each time Zasz.Returned takes damage."

Energy Cost: 10/30/50/70

Cooldown: :30

Range: N/A

Level 1: Taking damage reduce the cooldown by 1 second.

Level 2: Taking damage reduce the cooldown by 2 second.

Level 3: Taking damage reduce the cooldown by 3 second.

Level 4: Taking damage reduce the cooldown by 4 second.

Effect: This would be on autocast. It's mainly for longterm survivability when laning, but is also strong when being ganked. It looks like more voidlings are added to Zasz's cloud and orbit him like electrons around a nucleus for 1.5 seconds.

--

Ability Three: Cloud of Voidswarm

"Zasz.Returned extends his voidlings out in a cloud with a radius of 3/5/7/11. Any attacks toward friendly units and heroes are instead done to him for 4 seconds."

Energy Cost: 50/90/130/170

Cooldown: :35

Range: 3/5/7/11

Level 1: Increase radius by 3.

Level 2: Increase radius by 5.

Level 3: Increase radius by 7.

Level 4: Increase radius by 11.

Effect: This is Zasz'z main protective ability. He can intercept and evade attacks making his teamates invulnerable for a brief period of time. It would not prevent structures from being damaged and would not stop unavoidable attacks like spells.

--

Ultimate Ability: Vengeance

"When Zasz.Returned successfully evades an attack, the attacker takes 25/50/75% of the damage."

Energy Cost: Passive

Cooldown: Passive

Range: Passive

Level 1: 25% Damage.

Level 2: 50% Damage.

Level 3: 75% Damage.

Effect: This turns Zasz's E into a powerhouse against the foolish opponent. It also works on structures. This would work exactly like Electric Mantle, except the damage is only dealt to the attacker.

OR, if "Determination" is a better passive

Ultimate Ability: Vengeance

"When Zasz.Returned succesfully evades an attack, the attacker takes 50/75/100% of the damage back as true damage."

Energy Cost: Passive

Cooldown: Passive

Range: Passive

Level 1: 50% Damage.

Level 2: 75% Damage.

Level 3: 100% Damage.

Effect: This turns Zasz's E into a powerhouse against the foolish opponent. It also works on structures. This version would be viable because Zasz cannot evade as many attacks as before. This would work exactly like Electric Mantle, except the damage is only dealt to the attacker.

--

Additional Information

Zasz is a tank, built to send attacks back into the void, protecting his teammates and himself from harm. His heroic passive is a blessing and a curse, because he has no mitigation other than resists. His other heroic passive is pretty weak (relatively), but it may be more viable.

--

Closing statement

Watch out Zeratul, Zasz is gonna eatcha omnomnomnom!

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

*copypastes from other hero suggestion*

Ability One: Swarm Strike

"Acid orders a Swarmling to fly to the target unit, dealing damage.

Passively causes Acid's Swarmlings to become stronger and more durable."

Energy Cost: 55

Cooldown: 9

Range: 9

Level 1: Deals 50 [+50% INT] damage. Increases base life of Swarmlings to 115 and their base damage to 12.

Level 2: Deals 75 [+50% INT] damage. Increases base life of Swarmlings to 140 and their base damage to 15.

Level 3: Deals 100 [+50% INT] damage. Increases base life of Swarmlings to 165 and their base damage to 18.

Level 4: Deals 125 [+50% INT] damage. Increases base life of Swarmlings to 190 and their base damage to 21.

Effect: ... I hope you know what kind of hero this is going to be. :\

An ability that allows you to harass enemies or last-hit them, and beefing up your Swarmlings is always a good idea.

For this attack the Swarmling flies up like in Egon's attack animation then comes to the ground quickly.

:P It was for a Swarm Host based hero but this idea lacks a Q and this seems like a fine one to use.

That aside, I like the hero but the Heroic Passive is far too strong-- it is possible to get 60 armor; or in other words 99% Evasion on this hero. (1.5 * Armor + 9% from Talents). Stack AGI/Armor items and trlololool, you take no damage from anything except spells and anybody that attacks you dies.

I like the Q, but I would have to remove the passive buffs to swarmlings, because there won't be any. The Voidlings hi the target and explode into dark energy or something. I don't want Zasz to be another biotron/steve.

I also had an alternative idea for a Heroic Passive:

Heroic Passive: The Void Calls

"Zasz.Returned gains 5% evasion per second until he succesfully evades an attack, which resests his evasion to base."

The grammar jargon is off, but it's basically the Demon Hunter's crit chance passive from Diablo 3.

A more interesting name. Reincarnate.Zasz or Reincarnate.Zasz. Cerebrate.Zasz. GarmBrood.Zasz. Garm.Zasz. Just a little thought. Not sure if the names are relevant, but I do assume that you're talking about the cerebrate Zasz

I like the name, and I'm sticking to it. And yes, it is the Zasz Cerebrate.

A more interesting name. Reincarnate.Zasz or Reincarnate.Zasz. Cerebrate.Zasz. GarmBrood.Zasz. Garm.Zasz. Just a little thought. Not sure if the names are relevant, but I do assume that you're talking about the cerebrate Zasz

Shush! Garm will soon be a posted hero of mine!

"When Zasz.Returned succesfully evades an attack, the attacker takes 50/75/100% of the damage back as true damage."

...Nice try, but when an attack is Evaded it has no damage address registered to it, so there is no way for the computer to calculate what damage should be given because :

{

if [evade];

damage = null;

}

not

{

if [evade];

damage = [damage_Properties( crit.Calc, physical.Calc, spell.Calc)] * null;

}

Remember, each attack is based upon a roll system, just like WoW. The computer rolls a dice on Auto Attack. It then calculates a number of possibilities. The first possibility roll is wether the attack hits or is evaded. If the attack rolls successfully as a hit and is not "evaded", then the next rolls take place. Critical Strike chance - a number is calculated based on your current Crit chance - would be rolled along with physical resistances and damage resistances. Notice that this process of damage calculation would not have taken place if the attack was evaded, hence, evaded attacks have no damage.

What your skill suggest is that despite being evaded, a damage calculation should be taken anyways. This damage would then be returned to the enemy.

The way this could be achieved is through a "De-buff" that would re-adress the roll towards the enemy. The enemy would then go through the same process or if possible, adjust the standard damage calculation to ignore the evasion parameter, so that enemies can not evade their own damage.

The only way this would change your current suggestion is that this would only after your hero evades damage.

EX:

Attack 1: You evade damage: You gain Ult Buff: (Simply causes next attack roll to be rolled on attacking target - rather than attacked target).

Attack 2: Enemy attacks himself for Standard Damage Calculation (-Evasion) (* 0.5) //LVL1 Ultimate: damage returned = 50%

Note that Ult LVL3 = 100% Damage returned so no reason to do (*1) //Level 3 damage returned.

Hope this helps.

On another note... Stack HP and Spell resist and this hero will never die.

No, because otherwise the game wouldn't pop up "Miss!" text every time you dodge an attack.

^_^

you are right... but my point still holds.

if you evade damage, the damage address will be converted to the string "Miss!" and displayed accordingly.

However, it is still possible to include null as long as you redirect the registry to an address with obtainable information, or use a reserved address created within the operator specifically for this situation using an If (damage=null) statement.

I have no idea how the programming works. I will have to think on this. Is it possible to make the system roll the damage on the opponent if the attack is evaded? Even if it's not an auto attack like Jakk's mines or something? Maybe I should make the ult just return auto attack damage instead of all evadable damage?

Well, the hero in my mind seems a bit wierd, he could be completely eaten alive by spell casters. This seems like a version of vorpal from the time he was agi, the agi tank part mostly.

On a side note, im pretty sure the name is spelled zazz, with 2 z's at the end, and no s.

I have no idea how the programming works. I will have to think on this. Is it possible to make the system roll the damage on the opponent if the attack is evaded? Even if it's not an auto attack like Jakk's mines or something? Maybe I should make the ult just return auto attack damage instead of all evadable damage?

only evadable damage is autoattack damage... spell damage inherently disregards evasion however is mitigated instead by spell resist.

Archived