Uses:

• Jungling
  • Farming
  • Healing
  • Laning
  • Starting

Bonus: 10% Time Scale

Effects:

[unique] This item gains a charge for every 5 seconds out of combat, for up to 3 charges. You gain +3 STR, +3 INT, and +3 AGI per charge.

[Active] Consume the contents of the bottle, restoring 70 health and 40 energy per charge consumed. 12 [+6 per charge] second cooldown.

--------------------

Reasoning:

• The name comes from the Aiur plant Alavash, which is now nearly extinct. Alavash's nectar is used for greater connections to the Khala, thus the time scale.
  • We need a mini-time scale item for early on. We currently do not have one, and we need it because time scale is rather neglected. It helps a lot when jungling because your heal ability as well as your damaging ability cools faster.
  • This item is used to add a bottle-like item to the game. To compensate for what is a useful healing mechanism, you gain stats when the charges are unused.

--------------------

Changelog:

23/07/12 - Item Creation

24/07/12

6:38pm - added major changes, thanks Cronos!

I'm confused because of the Note-- what you should do is have it read

+10% Time Scale

[Active]

[unique]

unless you want the Time Scale to be unique (which I see no point in doing).

I like the item but I must agree with Banzaiguy; it doesn't seem worth 650 (just like Hatchet isn't worth 425).

There are a few problems with the item.

First as Banzai said, it is quite a tough bargain for it's current cost/benefit - no stats what-so-ever.

10% Timescale, although decent, is hardly enough to notice on it's own.

What algorithm or system would be implemented into calculating how this item works?

Would it be based on charges? Or something else?

Is it possible with SC2's current engine to power items that have an item with it's own resource pool? IE: restoring a percentage of life/energy contained by an item?

Cool concept, but what so many people don't seem to realize is that this game is developed on the SC2 Galaxy editor. Although flexible - It is not perfect and doesn't allow for a few select properties. Some of which were included in your suggestion.

My suggestion would be:

Cost: 650

Uses:

• Jungling
  • Farming
  • Healing
  • Laning
  • Starting

[unique] Alavash Salve passively gains one charge every 5 seconds while out of combat. You gain + 4 Strength + 4 Agility + 4 Intelligence per charge stored as well as 5% timescale - up to three charges.

[Active] Consume all charges of the bottle, restoring 75 life and 50 maximum energy per charge consumed. 45 second shared cool-down.

Pros:

• Pre-existing method of operation: Easy to implement.
  • Sufficient at providing enough stat bonuses to have a competitive edge while farming, while providing just enough sustain between camps
  • Provides timescale, a stat that has been neglected in most early game items.
  • Khalis Weaver could still be viable providing that a hero can clear creep fast enough. (Khalis is more of a laners item where this would be more of a junglers)

Cons:

• Does it outweigh the benefits received from other starting items? Could it be too good for certain heroes?
  • Might make Khalis Weaver useless.
  • Might have too much sustain.
  • Is the Timescale unnecessary?

Overall: Similar to the OP, however, much easier to implement.

Might need more balancing since I only put a little bit of time into it.

Good idea, and thanks. That was part of a pool of ideas anyway. The problem with the current suggestion is that adding 5% time scale continuously ensures the next stack to apply faster, and the time scale to work on an even better scale (it compounds). I will work on it.

Good idea, and thanks. That was part of a pool of ideas anyway. The problem with the current suggestion is that adding 5% time scale continuously ensures the next stack to apply faster, and the time scale to work on an even better scale (it compounds). I will work on it.

Timescale does not affect Item CD's.

Timescale and Item Properties are not co-related only inherited unilaterally. So having Timescale on your hero can't effect the Cool-Down's of items (Ex: Warp-shard's CD on Virgil will still be the same despite his Heroic Passive ability) where as Timescale on your items will directly effect your hero's CD's. If this were not the case - Stacking Yamato-Reactor's could, theoretically, allow you to compound timescale psudo-infinitum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived