Sight, Marr Despair and pets

soMeRandoM

This More general thread than Queen Ultralisk and Marr, I want this thread stay on focus and be asking removal of post that don’t stay on focus or personally attack people for another point or topic not related to OP thread / Character balance issue raised. yes fruit that’s you.

With Introduction of New heroes that have more pets. It came to my attention that pet sight needs have some considerations because Ultralisk Current sight is Lower than sight despair debuff, This means that pet is completely blind and only other hero that can do that for duration is shadow mind you Marr blind on pet is debuff, meaning it doesn’t go away with time but distance away from Marr. The debuff and being blind act same as shadow ultimate blind, where ally sight allows you to attack and function normally but yourself can’t see.

So current Question is Does Jakk mines have similar problem? And what are your Thoughts about pet sight ranges and Marr despair do you feel that It needs be address and taken into consideration when creating pets with sight less than equal to IIRC 6 sight? How would hero fair if hero had 6 w/ without sight talents? Would Marr be considered Op against that single hero in 1v1 situation with no ally creeps? That’s just thought. Do you feel despair balanced against current 12 hero base sight? Does Despair work on item consumables aka true sight observers and radar toolkit? And if it does should it? Let’s have healthy discussion only about sight and not pet balance / hero balance.

EDIT: Thnx Eliwan

Heroes have 12 sight. ,_,

Other than that, you make a decent point-- let me answer some:

Jakk's Ulti mines have sight range of like 6, and his E mines have range of 2 iirc.

Despair works on everything that does not have Truesight-- Chrono > Despair; Obs > Despair. Radar Toolkit sorta beats Despair, but it has both a radar-function and a sight range.

I didn't know that detection removes despair? im sure chrono does not help at all in shadow ult. but that might be because sight reduce to 0, IIRW i remember having games where sight very very low where you basically melee range as raynor. Did sight get buff? Because i remember that when hero stats shown at start it says sight range is 7. Unless thats wrong. Easy way is to play again against enemy marr with no sight talents. And see if it’s same size. Well maybe, sight must be very short then. Guess 12 units, reduce to 6 is half, so sight must not be that much range sight gives. If raynor has 7 range and his sight reduce to 6 does that mean without shared sight he has wasted 1 range? Or are they different

Edit: Eliwan for Recall wrongly :P

I’ll just have test, again. Interesting so the stat displayed on hero selection is wrong. Hmm. So does must TEST. Testing was done way back in SOTIS days. Not so long ago. So I might need update my knowledge just in case they fixed text ecter.

So far Shadow and Marr are only heroes that can reduce sight. Shadow with active and marr passively. With shadow his sight reduction allows him some times to hyper carry and kill all 5 enemy’s by himself. Wonder, if marr and shadow could counter counter to shadow ultimate. That is outside sight, eg creeps near towers. EDIT: Hmm. ohh that also includes spells beside skill shots, for raynor hmm very interesting. if he doesnt do his sight skill. then he cant target u.

I am sorry, but I don't understand the purpose of this thread. What is overpowered or underpowered? Maar dispair op? No. It barely does anything to heroes except tell people when maar is withing like 15 units of them. And putting skill points into it early or even midgame is akin to shooting yourself in the foot, since your orbs are in desperate need of higher levels, so that you can spam spells more with lower cooldowns. Are pets underpowered? Nuh-uh. Ultralisk is 2 + times more scary than average pub player. I for one would prefer to face queen + teammate instead of queen + ultra. So what if maar somewhat counters ultra? It would be great if it had no sight at all, so that you couldn't spam it to backdoor without putting self at risk. Saying that the fact that one hero's skill somewhat counters another hero's skill is wrong just makes me frown. Should Balrog's Screech or Molotov be changed, simply because Screech removes debuffs in a range roughly that of molotov, hence causing it to not do anything? Should Magnetic Link be changed if it prevents drake from using Epilogue? In this debuff and disable centered game of ours, what would this even mean? Even most of the best ATTACK heroes (Nova, Shadow, Zera, Darpa, Tosh), forget spellcasters, get ahead by their massive dissables.

As much as I do love the queen I have to agree with Doom there. on the fact of whats wrong with an ability countering another ability. For the new maar Despair is needed late game. maar is very soft with some nice spamable abilities but when a shadow sees u coming from what ever direction it is ur dead. If maar can get that first spell off they have a chance. Thats where i see despair coming in. Maar isn't the good old fire wall maar like before where u slow them down and bash thier heads in with sunflares, maar is now more a burst hero with no health. instead he takes urs to refill his. but if heros like raynor can silence him before he gets close there is no leech just a fireball of death following that silences.

So OP no.affecting pets it can suck for tosh's extra farming or queen back dooring but those are abilites just like despair is.

What trying say is marr dispair should not be stronger than shadow ult against pets. I feel that it's not op or up but design flaw. But hay flob queen who play her anyway with all hate. flob tosh flob jakk they all have pets let abandon entire hero mechanic. flob them all including New heroes with pets. I'm sure if creep sight and nc sight reduced to 6 people understand.

I'd just like to say, Truesight Elixer does not negate the affects of Despair...

Just got done playing a game as Darpa against a Marr, Marr could sap me when I could not even see Marr... Due to Despair, I was running away and he sapped me twice when I couldn't even see him and I was dead. Marr was fed from my idiot team mates as well...

I'd just like to say, Truesight Elixer does not negate the affects of Despair...

Just got done playing a game as Darpa against a Marr, Marr could sap me when I could not even see Marr... Due to Despair, I was running away and he sapped me twice when I couldn't even see him and I was dead. Marr was fed from my idiot team mates as well...

That's why IMO :PhaseCloak: in every AGI (and other heros) is needed

Archived