INT Nerf, [Item 1.13+] Celestial Vow

Seriphos

I suggest a nerf to the attribute Intelligence (INT). Since it is generally cheaper to get Intelligence items than others, also providing greater utility, I suggest that we nerf the energy bonus per point of INT down to 5, from 7. Here are my arguments:

• There is simply an overflowing amount of energy at late game, all not put to use.
  • To make a Space Battery a better choice compared to a Duran's Pendant for energy
  • To make Sapphire Mox a viable item
  • To implement the item below:

Celestial Vow

-----------------------------

• Use: Energy
  • Type: Energy Maximum
  • Cost: 1150
  • Gives: 400 Energy

Even INT heroes run low on energy early on. If you nerf the amount of energy gotten from INT; you don't get to use your abilities. :'(

Instead, how about buffing the amount of energy you get from the Energy-giving items and the Energy Regeneration from the Energy Regeneration items? ^_^"

I feel the benefits of INT for INT heros is proportional with the advantages that Weapon Damage or HP/Armor provide for DPS/Tanks. I think nerfing INT would indirectly undermine casters at a point in the games lifespan where AA is king with Tanks not too far behind.

As recent development has just started to pump out more caster-carries (Ex: Virgil / Jax / Re-worked Vorpal / Cow / Cyprus?) these heros not only have dominant lane presence and solid farm potential, but high burst damage in team fights - making them viable psudo-carries and valuable assets to any team comp (Excuse Cyprus... I think he's the Black Sheep). The lack of means for players to deal with caster DPS is what has been slowly seeping into AoS' Meta game and is particularly apparent in competitive In-House settings. Spell damage is the new dominant form of damage in AoS, especially with the insane amounts of Physical Resist through Armor that AA carries can get. Certain AA carries - in junction of spell damage - (Particularly Toxi) - have become extremely difficult to deal with. Balancing out the survivability of AA carries so that they are not actually mitigating more damage than pure tanks would be the first step towards balancing out AoS. Next issue would have to be more means of mitigating spell damage. Last and not least would be the re-birth of Crit being a viable stat for AA carries as one of their primary functions for DPS (for most cases, IT shouldn't be an absolute necessity... but Crit should be a term that is synonymous with an AA Hero).

Saphire mox is a component is it not? So make mana boots... why should u have that just by itself?

Int is the weakest out of the 3 classes so they definitely dont need a nerf.

Well no, since all skills scale off INT and it's much much much easier to get large amounts of INT than any other stat, it's quite a powerful stat. INT heroes actually come close to AA hero damage while building INT items.

The point is, that even with no dedicated INT or energy items, AGI and STR heroes are able to get a large amount of energy by mid-late game. Energy issues simply stop becoming a problem after awhile. If you use your skill 10 times as an AGI hero you SHOULD run out of energy.

Well no, since all skills scale off INT and it's much much much easier to get large amounts of INT than any other stat, it's quite a powerful stat. INT heroes actually come close to AA hero damage while building INT items.

The point is, that even with no dedicated INT or energy items, AGI and STR heroes are able to get a large amount of energy by mid-late game. Energy issues simply stop becoming a problem after awhile. If you use your skill 10 times as an AGI hero you SHOULD run out of energy.

Thank you for clarifying my argument. In addition, I must say that this is the actual case. I want to promote energy giving items, energy regeneration items, and make them a real part of the game. Energy is just as left out as crit is, which is definitely a problem. Now without an item similar to Celestial Vow in the game where all other ARTS games have a counterpart item, energy is a boring aspect of the game. The reason why AGI-caster carry hybrids are so powerful is because getting even a little INT from items, they get a whole ton of energy, making them effectively an INT and AGI hero at the same time.

Archived