Jakked up mines

Torcas

I have to agree. it does make it hard to deselect the hero to blow the mines up. a possible button to blow them all up when ur click on ur hero, kinda like how tosh can use his marines stun. example when ur just selected on ur hero you can hit A but when u select the mine it self keep it D that way u have a choice of blowing up a certain mine or blowing up all the mines on the map. and love jakk he is a nice to harrash with.

Back in 3.0 DARPA was my favorite hero and I could do very well with him, albeit using mines very unconventionally and using them strategically, rather than as a tool to score cheap kills. One tactic I would use is drop a spider mine and remote mine right in the face of the hero (melee range) and shoot them down. This got around the problem that having detection handy kinda made the damage mines did pretty useless because they would always get shot up before you actually used them.

So, with regard to remote mines they were OK early in the game when most players were not keen on spending a fortune on observers (you would have an observer yourself handy to shoot down their observers) and you could often get kills in the middle lane by simply stacking mines in the river and blowing up any players that crossed. Some players also would put a billion mines in the top and bottom part of the river and get some cheese kills, but again detection and a ranged hero made this all a wasted effort.

Nevertheless, remote mines were best late game (besides the way I used them in combat) for lane control. Simply go to a lane and farm it and while farming lay several mines then leave the lane. When an enemy creep wave goes over the mines, you blow them up and get a bunch of minerals and passively push the enemy towers forcing them to split their team up to deal with the creeps. You could also use the mines in this way to guard towers since towers provided detection and you had to be very careful about getting your observers shot up since they were the only reliable form of detection in 3.0, Chrono elixir of course makes mining towers not as useful anymore, but you can still use the mines to blow up enemy creep waves approaching the towers.

So basically, I would not use remote mines much for actually killing enemy heroes and instead use them strategically for keeping creep waves pushed back which has the added side effect of giving you a great passive farming tactic.

Now with regards to his minefield ability, this is a far more useful ability with black hole magnum as if you hit an enemy and any other units are around, they are gonna get thrown over a bunch of mines and take a lot of damage (as well as your BHM attack). In fact, I would rush this item as my first major item on Summers because of both its utility and the fact all of Summer's skills are very spammable. You can even use your spyder mines in combat just to proc BHM. You can also lay remote mines as well to proc BHM and then blow them up when an enemy hero gets a little overconfident in their health when meleeing you. Get a nitrogen refit and you can use your grenades to chase anything down since they will have their movement speed debuffed 15% while your own movement speed is buffed 15%. Then due to superior speed you can throw down a minefield ahead of them, forcing them to run through it or else face you 1v1.

I have not played him yet, but he seems like a very fun hero as he is essentially a buffed up 3.0 DARPA with more abilities, but everyone thought DARPA stunk back in 3.0 while I could do very well with him. Anyways, hope this helps.

lOvOl not sure what ur getting at, the point that Torcas was pointing out was in using the ultimate mines is a sorta pain when u have to deslect him to blow them up. We understand u like the old drapa and that jakk is very close to the old drapa, but all that stuff u wrote seems like alot of rambling.

To me the point of those remote mines is to kill a hero. there are alot of places even with a truesight u can put a remotemine or a group and they still wont be seen by heros. hide them behind some coverage, aka the weeds on the field with line of sight. or up a ramp. and trol a hero to follow u and then blow them up. The problem is if u click ur hero to run past that spot and then click mines to get ready to blow. u get stuned now ur hero isnt running any more u gotta click back to move hero out of harms way and now u lost ur chance to blow the mines.

lOvOl not sure what ur getting at, the point that Torcas was pointing out was in using the ultimate mines is a sorta pain when u have to deslect him to blow them up. We understand u like the old drapa and that jakk is very close to the old drapa, but all that stuff u wrote seems like alot of rambling.

To me the point of those remote mines is to kill a hero. there are alot of places even with a truesight u can put a remotemine or a group and they still wont be seen by heros. hide them behind some coverage, aka the weeds on the field with line of sight. or up a ramp. and trol a hero to follow u and then blow them up. The problem is if u click ur hero to run past that spot and then click mines to get ready to blow. u get stuned now ur hero isnt running any more u gotta click back to move hero out of harms way and now u lost ur chance to blow the mines.

Well if my memory serves correct, there was a button for DARPA that would blow up all his remote mines at once. Since you usually only have your mines in one place at any given time (assuming you are stacking them), this made the use of mines much easier. I assume Brax and Ecko will be implementing this feature sometime in the future, just that they have not gotten around to it yet because yes the micromanagement of mines is kind of a pain right now.

Once the opponent team gets truesight, the mines are almost useless. So maybe make his ult mine castable on an any enemy and detonates after 5 secs?

All I can say is that you probably shouldn't play jakk again rofl. I heard some other people in the pubs game with you were getting mad with your trolling lulz :)

well he went for AA summers in a IH last night that was frankly, hilarious

I was spectating and it was like, which team could throw the game harder - despite the fact both teams were trying super hard.to win

On one team, you had:

-a micro that blinked in every fight, but only threw maybe, once or twice the entire game

but that's ok because:

-he got focused anyways, tazered, and then the entire team clumped up on him, only to get ulted by queen and rory

still, that was also ok because:

-etherlord summers built AA and didn't use his ult once until 80 minutes into the game. Sure, AA summers is fine, but for flob sake don't go for a valors and a darwins, get god damn sunflares

but even thats ok because:

-tecra's zera farmed all game and was in maybe, 3? team fights despite the fact he could have wiped all of them

-despite queen and stevie, kerrigan usually got her ult off, and the enemy team took a bath in it anyways, even without the help of zera's bubble

but even thats ok because:

-since it was a 4v5 (zera was never in the fight), they got levi repeatedly until the end

-since summers didn't use a single flobing ult until the end, zera just back doored whenever they levi-pushed, and then their whole team fell into disarray and ran backwards to defend

but even that's ok because:

-when zera finally joined into the team fights, he would just stand still on the outskirts while his team died, and every once in a while bubble the enemy. there was even one fight where he got the entire enemy team under kerrigan's ult, bubbled them, but the ran out and stood still on the outskirts and just watched (they all lived the kerrigan ult with around 200~ hp)

-the other team had 4 chilling artifacts at one point in the game. One on micro, One on rory, Two on queen.

what a flobing shap show.

(purple = zerg team failing, turqoise = toss team failing)

I had a relevant point to make, but after reading Whale's post I totally forgot it, so I am left with saying just this:

Assume you are chassing Jakk, and you have a truesight. You see the mines ahead. You decide that if you follow him in, and the mines explode he will win the subsequent fight. You are left with several choices: carefully walk around, stop chasing and vent your frustration on the mines, or use an AoE spell on the mines to quickly kill them. No matter what, the Jakk is better off, hence mines are not useless, even with detection.

Oh and another thing: Hotkeys. Its not that hard to quickly press 2 then the button you have hotkeyed for exploding the mines. Yes, it would be better if it were like specters with tosh, but you get what you get, and its going to be fixed next patch, so tough it out for now.

well he went for AA summers in a IH last night that was frankly, hilarious

-since summers didn't use a single flobing ult until the end, zera just back doored whenever they levi-pushed, and then their whole team fell into disarray and ran backwards to defend

I didn't use ult because the other team kept getting truesight elixir -.-

I had a relevant point to make, but after reading Whale's post I totally forgot it, so I am left with saying just this:

Assume you are chassing Jakk, and you have a truesight. You see the mines ahead. You decide that if you follow him in, and the mines explode he will win the subsequent fight. You are left with several choices: carefully walk around, stop chasing and vent your frustration on the mines, or use an AoE spell on the mines to quickly kill them. No matter what, the Jakk is better off, hence mines are not useless, even with detection.

Oh and another thing: Hotkeys. Its not that hard to quickly press 2 then the button you have hotkeyed for exploding the mines. Yes, it would be better if it were like specters with tosh, but you get what you get, and its going to be fixed next patch, so tough it out for now.

Would you like to waste 5 min placing mines at a location and leaving your teammates to die in a teamfight?

Remote mines have spell resist so AOE unless its from like grunty wont work.

The problem with Jakks ult is.. Its SO MUCH FUN when he blows up fed enemies :X AHAHAHAH

Oh my god... The ult is ok, think about the unvulnerable land mines that a boros can make you eat almost all of them with a single bola shot ; )

Those are the ones that seems a little OP.

Using his ulti isn't bad. You just put them in locations that enemies will likely come through, or where you would run to while being chased. Make sure you have mines hot keyed. You let enemies get on top of them then use your stun and blow up the mines. Even if you don't get a monster kill, you will still get off tons of damage. Unless of course you lead the enemy with the truesight to your mines. Then your past 5 minutes of laying mines is gone to waste.

Archived