WPGqeyj.png

4tPpH3A.png

Spring Clan Championships: June 15th & 16th

Rules

• Draft Format
  • Double Elimination
  • At least 7 Players per Team
  • Must be a Clan
  • Zero BM Policy & Tournament Complaining (you may BM or complain before and after the tournament, but not during)

Intergame Rules

• Prior to gameday, all players will be invited to a Tournament Group on battle.net. This group will help the referees invite the teams to the games and provide a unified messaging system.
  • The team captains must check-in with the tournament director 20 minutes before the scheduled game.
  • Late policy: 0 tolerance late policy UNLESS your team gives a 2 hour warning that you will be up to 30 minutes late.
  • Neutral referee assigned to each match. The referee will be in charge of creating the lobby, inviting the teams, and facilitating the draft. The referee will observe the games and be in charge of pausing/unpausing and watching for H-dodging/glitching/BM. The referee will also report the final score to the tournament director.
  • Draft Rules: Drafting will be done in game. During load, 2 minutes given to plan out team strategy. Once the draft begins, 1 minute time limit per ban or pick. 2 minutes for a double pick.
  • Dropping Rules: Resume game from replay.
  • Rage Quit: Team defaults.

Casting

• Broadcasted by Wrath
  • Casters: Highdrater, Wrath, TurtleER, Whaletits, Psyght, sAviOr (Want to volunteer? PM me!)

Clan Eligibility

• Must have been created before May 22nd, 2013
  • Must have at least 10 members
  • Must have an active website (PM me about this requirement, we can work something out)

Register by June 1st, 2013

• Private message me the following information:
  • Clan name, website url, a brief blurb about your clan (to post on our site), and your team members
  • A Clan logo

Current Eligible Clans (That I know of)

• Axis, clanaxis.com (3 teams)
  • G+G, aeonofstorms.com (1 team)
  • Dark Clan (site under construction) (2 teams)
  • |AoS| NA/EU, www.clanaos.com (2 teams)
  • BSL (Site under construction) (1 team)

FAQs

• What if my clan was made after May 10th and I don't have a website? Then you are ineligible to play.
  • Will my team get colored names? I don't know, probably not, but the winning clan will be crowned the "Best AoS Clan in the World" and that could be posted on the loading screen with Red/Ekco's permission.
  • Why are you such a jerk and why are you trying to discriminate against people who don't have clans? Anyone can play a game for themselves and you're welcome to do that - this tournament is for clans, so you have to be in a legitimate one if you want to play in it. If you don't, no big deal.
  • Can I join a legitimate clan and play in the tournament? Sure and that's encouraged

Bans for this Tournament

• Savior, Tambourine, and Boss
  • These 3 guys are great players and great people - they are well-respected, talented players, so I know this decision is going to be very unpopular. These 3 were assigned to Axis teams in our qualifying tournament and played matches with their teams. They left one night in the span of 10 minutes (without any warning) and we had to reorganize our teams, which made more work for me and for their teammates - and really left a sour taste in my mouth. I like doing things in a very structured manner, which sometimes does not align with others' personalities. I found it very disrespectful to their teams and to Axis as a whole to ditch it in the manner they did. I do not want to set a precedent that it's okay for players to ditch their previous teams and move to others this close to a tournament. I understand this is an unpopular move on my part, but I feel its justified.
  • There will be many other tournaments after this one, maybe hosted by me or hosted by others - Savior, Tamb, and Boss are welcome to play in all other tournaments.
  • Dippa: Trolling/disrespect. Must make a public apology in order to play.

Slimjim was made 2 1/2 years ago, I think we are eligible? HMMMMMM???

In all seriousness if you are going to have these kinds of rules, as the official inheritor (from Marty) and one of the members from not only the original "clan" of SotIS (AND AoS) in NA aka SlimJim. We should be allowed to enter this Tournament.

Edit: We have logos as well :D

Edit 2: If anyone questions our legitimacy you can pull up archived sections of playsotis.com and check the pages there for multiple threads by our members :D

Slimjim was made 2 1/2 years ago, I think we are eligible? HMMMMMM???

In all seriousness if you are going to have these kinds of rules, as the official inheritor (from Marty) and one of the members from not only the original "clan" of SotIS (AND AoS) in NA aka SlimJim. We should be allowed to enter this Tournament.

Edit: We have logos as well :D

Yes that's totally fine - I said those were the only ones I currently knew of - just message me the info and you'll be all set.

Lol team G+G are using the forum as their clan website.

What you got against G+G! They got the perfect formula. I think they learned it from the opening sequence of the powerpuff girls, but you know haters gon hate. Don't worry guys, I got your back.

Marty??? Where did that Canadian Grunty go. He just vanished out of nowhere.

I cannot speak for neurotic and I do not pretend to, but I think the rule was implemented to prevent the 'best' players, who usually hang out together and have formed something of an elite corpse, from being able to enter the tournament and just stomp everything.

Sure, you guys might well be better players than many of us, but this one tourney isn't about that. Its about growing the community, getting clans active, and having a good time. Its a clan thing. Allowing say, John plus four or Team gryffandor, the last two tourney winners to my knowledge, to jsut declare themselves a clan and come stomp everything would spoil the entire purpose of the games being held.

Again, it is not to discriminate against individuals, it is to favor and help clans. No individual is banned from the games just for not currently beign in a clan: all are welcome to join a clan and participate.

At least this is how I am interpreting what is currently going on.

Yes it's to reward people like gladiator and African who have put time into actually growing the community through their clan - even clans like bsl have put in the effort to try to grow.

If you want to play in it, then join an established entity - if not, then no big deal.

i agree with the idea i disagree with post-dating it and springing it on people...

look at the dates... he is telling clans they have to be clans 5 days after they have to be a clan...

Yes because we had issues with people randomly splitting off. May 10th was the day that I spoke to dark clan about their website - so they were the last legitimate clan for thus tourney.

With that said mr yaldi, if a group was to make a clan today, construct an active site, get 10 members and really try to get things going, I would definitely make an exception.

Edit: I didn't actually think I would have to make this rule until i saw the random emergence of 'troll groups' - i.e groups of players who do not want to put any effort into anything except themselves - these are the types of groups i do not want in the tourney

I don't know what the current drama is, but what is up with the May 10 rule and website rule? G+G disqualified yo bhahaha

Yo they got a website now I think, but even if they don't play, you should always remember that G + G = GG = no re = OP. You can't argue with that logic.

I would support these restrictions if you were trying to set up a league but what you are trying to organize is a tournament. A league needs stable teams to function properly, whereas a tournament needs attendance and stability is only an issue over the course of one evening (or one week end). The thing is that with those rules you are essentially excluding players who are not hardcore aos players (e.g people like me who play aos as a second game), it's not necessarily a problem but you need to be aware of it.

I would support these restrictions if you were trying to set up a league but what you are trying to organize is a tournament. A league needs stable teams to function properly, whereas a tournament needs attendance and stability is only an issue over the course of one evening (or one week end). The thing is that with those rules you are essentially excluding players who are not hardcore aos players (e.g people like me who play aos as a second game), it's not necessarily a problem but you need to be aware of it.

I totally understand, but as I've said, this is to reward those who are currently making the effort to provide structure and organization to an otherwise eclectic community. A byproduct of that is that people do get excluded. With that said though, even if you just play AOS casually, you can still contribute to a legitimate clan with very little time investment (a few posts on their site every week, an IH or 2 every week).

The only problem I have with this is that you are essentially organizing a tournament that is reserved for the crowd that already plays together. I think this event would be a good opportunity to lure new players in and maybe make some old players come back to aos, and with these rules that's just not going to happen.

The only problem I have with this is that you are essentially organizing a tournament that is reserved for the crowd that already plays together. I think this event would be a good opportunity to lure new players in and maybe make some old players come back to aos, and with these rules that's just not going to happen.

Crowd that already plays together = 50 Axis members and 40 Clan |AoS| members? That's a net gain of +50-60 mumblers since mid-March. That's definitely a few new players.

I appreciate your comments though and I will take them into consideration for other events down the road.

Chob: I recommend you look at my post regarding the "Clan Axis Ladder". Every one of those players is now on mumble and most were not on it before. Many of these players came from "pubs", including myself, and now they are integrated into the competitive scene.

My point: An organized clan is WORLDS more effective at growing the community than an open tournament. Thus, this tournament seeks to reward those clans who have GROWN the community.

but chob this isn't a one off tournament i believe. its gonna be a 4 tournament season.

hopefully with some sort of tournament involving the winners or something

Ya it is a league style tournament with 2 other tournies that I'd hold if i don't get burnt out - see the clan championship series thread for those that are curious

actually it depends on execution.

last time we had long running teams for a league series hosted by Red (which is kind of what this is, considering it spans multiple events), red lost us ~60% of mumble players. Then the following 5.0 patch lost the other ~40% lol. issue was he divided the community by creating permanent teams and separate groups that felt exclusive, so everyone just got bored and went to go play LoL where they could do whatever they wanted without rules hindering them.

Why are people complaining about the rules etc? It's Neurotic's tournament, let him make the rules. A set-up like this actually encourages new people to play in clans, if advertised on the front page, and thereby increases the number of 'mumblers'. Sure new players might not be great but we need new people to keep the community alive.

Tl;Dr

Clan tourny = More pubbies join clans = Higher overall skill level of some pubbies + greater player pool for mumble.

actually it depends on execution.

last time we had long running teams for a league series hosted by Red (which is kind of what this is, considering it spans multiple events), red lost us ~60% of mumble players. Then the following 5.0 patch lost the other ~40% lol. issue was he divided the community by creating permanent teams and separate groups that felt exclusive, so everyone just got bored and went to go play LoL where they could do whatever they wanted without rules hindering them.

As I've noted in my previous post, we now have +50 Axis on mumble and +30-40 AOS members on mumble with 10-20 IH's per day. Exclusivity is relative to the surrounding environment. Clan Axis and Clan Aos are "exclusive" in terms of membership, yet we play with each other casually and competitively on a continuous basis.

I do understand that the clan scene is not for everyone and that's totally fine, but you cannot argue with the facts about what the emergence of clans has done to mumble in recent months.