What skills do you want returned to the game?

Doom

Back in good ol' v3 everything was rosy and perfect. Not really due to balance, or even character concept originality, since many heroes were taken from other games, and almost unchanged, while LZ, Boros, Shadow, Cyprus, Mandrake, and also arguably Rancor, and Tassidar were considerably stronger than all else. However, there was a certain flair and style that this game has been lacking for pretty much all of v4, and especially v5. In v6, we have started back on the right track, and perhaps gotten to an all time high in balance, and hero originality. However, I still remember that v3 was more fun. Perhaps it is simply that in those days things were more simple: there was one hero with a silence, no talents, timescale/time, no spell scaling, no spell resist, simpler armor system, no debuff imunity, Agi/Str/Int, considerably fewer items, even less of which were active. However, I do not think so. A large majority of spells that made v3 fun, have been left out, or changed. Slowly, very, very slowly the best spells that have been banished have seen a return, albeit slightly changed and balanced. Examples of these would be River Racer, cain freeze (basically old Boros Bola), and toxi's slow on attack (while very much different from v3, it still remains a slow on attack, that makes toxi a really strong chasing and kiting hero). The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where everyone can say what abilities/items they've missed the most, and want back. Personally, I really miss Magnitude, Chronograph, old Peutrify, Gravity Well, old Toxi ult, the Small Hadron Collider, old Pulse Hammer, as well as the higher tier beacons (The ones that enabled you to summon a siege tank, or thor). I am not saying that these skills and items would fit in well with the current version, an example that was painfully seen with the return of Planner Void in v5, where Maar, the hero given Planner Void began spamming it, to the great pain and discontent of everyone, due to the insane slow, and damage (In v3, it was on zeratul, a hero with low mana, and max health, not to mention melee. Maar was ranged, had plenty of mana, moderatly tanky, not to mention that in this version Planner Void slowed for more especially at earlier levels, and dealt more damage than in the old version). However it would be interesting to see what direction the current comunity wants this game to go from here.

I'd only want to see SHC, Garamond's ult, Egon's old ult and Gravity Well back. Imo, the other skills wouldn't be that fun if put into the new version, either because they weren't interesting in the first place, won't work as well due to mechanic changes or they just wouldn't fit in without wrecking game balance. Also, I still cannot understand why people would want DARPA back when he kind of a joke...

He was totally not a joke when he could stack 10 remote mines in one spot + a spider mine then gg, walk up to death.

Oh yeah. And his farming was pretty damned nice too.

He was totally not a joke when he could stack 10 remote mines in one spot + a spider mine then gg, walk up to death.

Oh yeah. And his farming was pretty damned nice too.

Yes. But no smart player would fall for 10 mines down midlane or near the secret shop. Unless you decide to put them on some chokepoint, which had no guarantee that an enemy would pass by, and normally it'd just be 1 enemy unless you're really lucky. And considering that most heroes at that time could kill enemies in seconds, while you needed some time to prepare, and even more to wait for enemies to come, DARPA's mines were pretty bad in comparison.Then of course, there was detection which ruins your minutes of preparation instantly.

I used to love mining the enemy secret shop with derpa and getting kills by chumps trying to buy items. lol If i remember correctly, drake could kill himself if he lanced a pile of mines and pulled them towards himself. Good times. lol

Archived