Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse do not work.

Revolution

So after i move to my new place I hook up my computer and the tower starts up, but the monitor, keyboard and mouse do not work. The mouse flickers on right on start up but then the LED light goes out again. The tower also does not beep on start up. I've read a couple things online such as it might be an unhooked piece or the motherboard is cracked :/ anyone know anything about this problem?

Im just an enthusiast, so this is all to the best of my knowledge/what I would do.

assume you haven't opend ur computer or done anything to it. if you are comfortable with doing so, open it and check to make sure nothing is loose. try to turn on.

If that didn't work, simply turn your computer on its side (so the motherboard is flat on the ground instead of vertical, with the cpu/gpu/ram sticking upwards) and try it.

----------- Below this, if you have warranty on the part broken, or the entire computer is under warranty, you can probably just send it back it if you find something wrong.

if that didn't work, remove your graphics card and plug your monitor into your motherboard's output. try it. if you boot successfully, and you have multiple pci-e16x slots (the one the graphics card uses), then feel free to try using those other slots for your graphics card. If it works in other slots - then your original pci-e16x slot is busted (your mother board has a broken part - but so long as nothing else is wrong, you can probably ignore it).

if that didn't work, remove your ram, and try booting with only one stick of ram. check each stick of ram this way, and each ram slot. this would be like, the best possible result to find a defect in because ram is cheap and you can still use your computer so long as it atleast has one working stick. Make sure you keep the ram in the color coded slots (ie: generally you will see, say, 2 blue and 2 black slots [colors are random, could be pink and rainbow, but paired]. do not have 1 stick in blue and 1 stick in black - always fill up same color slots first.)

if that didn't work, disconnect your harddrive, and try booting without harddrive. if this fixes the problem, try connecting your harddrive to each different sata port

at this point, if your computer still isn't working, and you don't have any experience working with computer parts/troubleshooting, either the computer is dead to you, or you can waste a lot of money getting it fixed, (which may or may not work), or wait for someone who knows more to help you.

Its extremely hard to diagnose a pc over a forum, but if it was working before you moved either something has come loose inside your pc or something has been completely broken, if it was me I would rebuild my pc ( meaning every part removed and re put back in), if that fails, then it is likely that a part has been broken is transit. If you take it to a computer repair shop they will be able to tell you whats wrong, but dont expect it to be cheap, I used to work at one and believe me they milk the customer for all they are worth, all while smiling at you and telling you it wont cost much, yeah right.

Have you tried another outlet?

I was told to try that but never did... I should probably check

I use a power strip though and everything else plugged into it works fine.

Edit: I'm retarded.. I plugged it into a different outlet and it works fine. FML

• 1 month later...