A Balrog build

Reaper

im looking for a awsome balrog build as well as talents and a way to engage i would also appreciate some other builds perhaps int? or dps? or hybrid anways idno the best way to play him i have asked many higher profile players and none were willing to help me D:

would appreciate if you could help me

--Reaper

dooms balrog build is quite nasty.....

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/666-balrogbrutalizer-v620/

but im not sure that with the current state of armor that balrog might not be very viable nowadays.

thing is balrog deals mostly physical damage which is heavily mitigated by armor.

and you have heros like justicar that are practically all armor.

ever since armor got that buff, ive seen less and less balrogs on pubs..... even with the recent nerf to armor scaling, it is not enough to get balrog out of his hole.

Balrog was nerfed from invisible and scary tank with great damage output into tanky support hero. He was extremely OP that days. Now he is used only as aura whore for his allies. He still can be useful with right composition, but he can't be played as tank on competitive level like he used to be, not without great early game advantage. In pubs he can, and its still scary build which focus on health (and therefore on damage output) and resistance, less on supporting your allies:

Early-mid game:

:DuransBuckler: :DuransBuckler:OlympicTorch.png:ValorsManifest::KhalaStone::WarpShard:

which should allow u get early game advantage and start snowballing. Idea is to get early game stacks from Olympic and Valors, which will give u health, damage, weapon speed and armor. Warp Shard is quite important as well, as it allows u to escape from dangerous situation and keep the stacks. Double buckler and Khala Stone are not necessary. Both stack items used to make Balrog invisible very fast.

Late game:

:CoatofArms::ForceofEntropy:SmallHadronCollider.png:LifeTechNanosuit:SliptideScythe.png:KhaliBlade:

Basically only FoE, SHC and LifeTech are core late game items. Its nice to get stacks from Ihan Crystal as well. Probably u wont finish entire build anyway. It requires a really long game, which means strong enemy carries - so sooner or later u eventually going to die and u will loose your stacks. So u get early-mid game advantage to snowball hard and finish the game before it went into very late stage.

what is balrog invisable? and the late game build is similar to what i use but instead of shc i get lethal barb,carapace or darwins

since we are not planning on dying would it be better to wait to get lvl 3 ulti to maximize the hp or get hp when i can?

what is balrog invisable? and the late game build is similar to what i use but instead of shc i get lethal barb,carapace or darwins

since we are not planning on dying would it be better to wait to get lvl 3 ulti to maximize the hp or get hp when i can?

leveling ur ult automatically scales up the hp from existing stacks on it...

what is balrog invisable?

he used to be, but not literally. He could reach over 4k HP at level 11 with fully stacked Olympic Torch (which was very easy to do), and almost 6k HP at level 16 if he had FoE as well. After, during next dozen of patches, his natural tankiness was nerfed hard, same as his damage output, cooldowns, heroic, because he was good support at the same time. I really wish his support skills would get nerfed instead...

I havnt noticed anything different to him but that because I play him once inauguration blue moon (think last I played him when ihan reset cooldowns) but he can still get huge amount of hp (Probs not what he used to be)

Anyways I regularly play pubs so support can be tough is there possibly a build that would enable him to possibly do a bit more damage than the builds posted above because I have tried the build above but still get smashed late game I am bitterly nothing more than a meat shield and in pubs you can't rely on anyone but urself

Ahhh that would make more sense I was racking my brain trying to think of something like an item or something

@anarchy I do sometimes get lethal barb and I have thought getting bhm but its a lot of money to spend and if doesn't work out all it takes is one team fight or an engagement were I don't have an item like coa or something like that and its all over

• 2 weeks later...

decent rog build, usually in pubs anyway:

lightning rod, explosive retrofit, electric mantle, isomorphic pyre, organic carapace, darwins might.

rod and retrofit give you farm

rod and pyre give you speed

pyre and retrofit give you on hit damage (and rod does to an extent)

darwins makes your leech insane

mantle, carapace, and darwins all provide both health and damage.

Later in the game, can opt to sell rod for masamune or shadowmourne for the lols.

talents:

armor, spell resist, hp regen, starting health, move speed (utility) and starting energy

Energy potions will be your friend.