Overlord Talent - worthless

Doom

Seriously. Does anyone even get this talent? Not only are the offense and defense talent trees way superior to the utility one, this talent actually serves no purpose. It doesn't help sustain, nor does it help damage output, nor utility, nor bloody anything, except minion Hp in a very few cases. And I am not getting a minimum of 3 points in utility tree on Biotron, Kerrigan, Tosh, MK, etc. The only heroes that have summons that I may get enough points in Utility tree to make it worthwhile are Raynor (Marauders sooo low on Hp, it won't matter anyway) and unix. So what is the point of this talent? Does anyone even have a talent profile where this ability is included? Personally, I do not.

As far as I know it doesn't work on minions at all. Only on creep waves. Unless they fixed it. Then it would be not so bad talent for pushers. It would be nice talent for Tass if it would work on his illusion. But while it isn't the case, it is really worthless.

Btw. Spell Buffer doesn't work on minions either, only Korhal does

As far as I know it doesn't work on minions at all. Only on creep waves. Unless they fixed it. Then it would be not so bad talent for pushers. It would be nice talent for Tass if it would work on his illusion. But while it isn't the case, it is really worthless.

Btw. Spell Buffer doesn't work on minions either, only Korhal does

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Now it's really useless.

it should work on queen banes, and if it keeps like it is the range should be improved at least and maybe some other buff.....something that does make a difference...

IMO the guy who said its good for pushers isn´t entirely right....pushers being pushers already have an easier time at laning...this talent should help hold a lane those chars that suck at laning....specially for pubs where sometimes leavers leave you witha sucky team composition...also the range should be enough so that you dont have to be melee over the creeps to get a full aura effect on the waves fighting area...like a talent that allows you to hold a lane even if you cant hit the creeps closely cause you are being harrassed

thats my opinion at least

I like the idea of it improving the creep wave, giving creeps, minions and maybe towers also some spell/physical resistance, and weapon speed as well but not to yourself or allied heroes.

agree....its definitely a talent that was thought for support guys to push lanes or at least hold them better....hence, its in the support tree

From what I was told when I brought it up to Red long ago. it was only ment to work on the creep. never on anyone's minions. i've tried it for a couple heroes to see if it could be useful. on egon I got overload and built a korhal. now that and rank 1 healing bubble. and using Q to keep creep alive I could stack a wave up once enemy first tower was down. problem is when enemy heroes come it don't seem to slow their advance on killing the creep enough. so in long run didn't do crap besides lose me farm because with 2 creep waves I could almost never last hit.

then I tried it with marine king. didn't make my push any faster but what it did do. marine kings ultimate to take a thor. thor has a natural 35% resist to all, and it gains overlord. then you add korhal. now if I remember right overlord is 35%. this means the thor was at 61% resist to physical and spell damage and it has about 2500 hp. give or take. that is the only advantage I found.

so in other terms its worthless.

This talent is absolutely underpowered and underused as a result. It requires investing half of your talent points for simply making creeps that are close to you a bit stronger versus enemy creeps and heroes-- it doesn't even help that much versus towers since the towers do true damage.

A better way of going about this talent might be "Reduces enemy non-heroic weapon speeds (including towers) by 15%."