Counterpicks

doxthefox

Tosh is Strong Against  

25 members have voted

1. 1. General Counters: Burst, Deny Spectres, AoE, Build HP/Armor, Farm from afar

• Brine
    • Micro
    • Drake
    • Kerrigan
    • Cain
    • StarScream
    • Biotron
    • Chuck T Bone
    • Balrog
    • Tychus
    • Lord Zyrkhan
    • Vorpal
    • Marine King
    • Justicar
    • Voltron Leo
    • Shadow
    • Boros
    • Zeratul
    • Darpa
    • Rancor
  2. 2. Continued

• Vespus
    • Tassadar
    • Grunty
    • Vergil
    • Nova
    • Feral Terminus
    • Rory
    • Egon
    • Maar
    • Unix
    • Dustin
    • Erekul
    • Raynor
    • Garamond
    • Cyprus
    • Jackson
    • Queen
    • Null (Sentry)
    • Jakk Summers
    • None of the Above

In LoL, we have a site called championselect.net, which is basically contains a list of counterpicks through a voting process. Below the votes, there are explanations for why it’s the case (which people can also thumbs up/down). So I’ll Start with Tosh to see how it goes and follow up with a Tosh is weak against if it goes well. We're limited by 20 responses per poll so I created two polls, which acts as a continuation.

Why would you gather the advice of bads?

Hes not looking for advice - if you've played this game much at all you'll know who tosh is good and bad against. I think its more a curiosity thing (for me it is) along with the possibility I have overlooked some aspect which might show me something I've missed.

Hes not looking for advice - if you've played this game much at all you'll know who tosh is good and bad against. I think its more a curiosity thing (for me it is) along with the possibility I have overlooked some aspect which might show me something I've missed.

Are you looking for advice or not then ? It seems to me that you are, and that's not gonna work.

Are you looking for advice or not then ? It seems to me that you are, and that's not gonna work.

I should have included the troll factor to account for those that voted for every single character just to be a dick. You're right though. It isn't going to work but that's only because this community is only good for trolling. Point proven. Lock this thread African, it has no longer has a purpose. =)

No, but really though, I don't know the LoL website you're talking about. I just don't think a poll like this makes any sense.

I know it may sound quite elitist, but I'd rather the "top brass" of any giwen kommunity, in any sport or esport, or really any konstekst, are the ones diskussing what is a "good kounter" and why. I say this knowing that ewen though ower the past few days, I'we seen top tier inhousers don't ewen seem to understand some of the fundamentals.

And no, this isn't about "only top inhousers", I'm sure that there are many "pubbers" whose opinions would be more than welkome in this thread, and their wotes would matter - but I just don't think the amount of less eksperiensed inhousers and pubbers alike would kontribute anything meaningful - on the kontrary I think they would unknowingly ruin the data.

What soed said basically.

I think this is a really bad trait of the LoL community, thinking that the masses are qualified to talk about balance and counters in general, and actually making balance changes based on these opinions. Granted being elitist for the sake of being elitist is a bad thing, but that doesn't mean you have to listen to idiots.

No, but really though, I don't know the LoL website you're talking about. I just don't think a poll like this makes any sense.

I know it may sound quite elitist, but I'd rather the "top brass" of any giwen kommunity, in any sport or esport, or really any konstekst, are the ones diskussing what is a "good kounter" and why. I say this knowing that ewen though ower the past few days, I'we seen top tier inhousers don't ewen seem to understand some of the fundamentals.

And no, this isn't about "only top inhousers", I'm sure that there are many "pubbers" whose opinions would be more than welkome in this thread, and their wotes would matter - but I just don't think the amount of less eksperiensed inhousers and pubbers alike would kontribute anything meaningful - on the kontrary I think they would unknowingly ruin the data.

With enough votes that wouldn't matter in theory since people would read the comments and agree/disagree over time, but even that is too much to ask for it seems. The idea of judging a small sample size in voting is like flipping a FAIR coin 10 times and you get 7 heads and you say well it'll be heads next time for sure. Obviously, there's still have a 50% chance that it will be tails the next time that you flip a coin. If you flip a FAIR coin 500,000 times it will reflect the expected result more accurately. (Assuming that the entire community doesn't create accounts to rig the voting system or the trolls outweigh the good). I was shocked when I saw some of the logic (not skill) during the past days by people who I thought were quite frankly supposedly great players, but the biggest shock was the fact that people would blatantly dodge games because they felt that the teams were so imbalanced instead of manning up and just playing. The point is that maybe people will learn over time instead of assuming that they'll be retarded forever.

fapfapfap

i'm still trying to understand what the poll means. is the first one what tosh counters? or what is good against tosh? and what the hell is the bottom one then? heroes that work well with tosh? anyways the best answer to all of these is just skill cap. the skill level disparity between players is still large enough in most inhouse/pub games that it generally overrides any counter-heroes, except in tournies where you have (generally) stacked teams against each other.

fapfapfap

i'm still trying to understand what the poll means. is the first one what tosh counters? or what is good against tosh? and what the hell is the bottom one then? heroes that work well with tosh?

Read the first post. <3 Limitations OP. It would work be better if I had the tools to express the ideas better of course or if I cared enough to find a site that could do it for me.

It's not just a matter of samplesize, if you ask one billion people a yes/no question on quantic physics the results are not going to be closer to the good answer as you ask more people. If they don't have the knowledge there's just no point in asking them.

It isn't quantum physics. It's a counterpick. "If you don't know wtf you're talking about then you should stfu and note vote." That should be the logic when approaching the poll, which is what I would do with quantum physics... well actually I took it in uni but that's irrelevent. Also, people can read and understand why Tosh rapes a Drake if we write something like IMBA FUKING STUN x 5, true damage op, Drake can't ulti gg no re. EDIT: DOUBLE flobING POST.

"If you don't know wtf you're talking about then you should stfu and note vote."

That's the problem right there, you can't ask people to censor themselves, look at the number of players complaining about shadow being OP, do you think they will refrain themselves from voting in your poll ? They won't and it will make the results completely unexploitable.

That's the problem right there, you can't ask people to censor themselves, look at the number of players complaining about shadow being OP, do you think they will refrain themselves from voting in your poll ? They won't and it will make the results completely unexploitable.

I guess I should make a shadow poll?

Well you have two options :

1/ You want to analyze how retarded the community is : keep the poll as is and laugh at the results.

2/ You want actual feedback from competent players : go find those competent players, ask them and compile the data.

I think it's safe to assume that there are only a handful of players left that play full time and of those players there are very few who I feel are competent enough to answer these questions. At the same time, many of those who are competent enough don't appear willing to help the new age because its either too time consuming (impatience possibly too), or because they don't care. I under their pain too because basic mechanics like last hitting and positioning should be learned in pubs and it's frustrating to nearly impossible to explain to a guy how to last hit correctly or when/how to engage.

I think it's safe to assume that there are only a handful of players left that play full time and of those players there are very few who I feel are competent enough to answer these questions. At the same time, many of those who are competent enough don't appear willing to help the new age because its either too time consuming (impatience possibly too), or because they don't care.

You'we been in my team a few times now, bro, you know I got this. Ask me any questions you want, my man:))

You'we been in my team a few times now, bro, you know I got this. Ask me any questions you want, my man:))

I'm just a support I thought. Aren't I supposed to ward, roam and miss molotovs? Or... bait a Drake into plucking me so I can trick the enemy team with no stuns or silences to collapse around me for a self-lockbox to allow enough time for my team to position correctly for a devastating counter engage? The biggest issue I have right now is understanding how much damage I can take vs. how much damage I can do, but since each ih takes 30 minutes to start and I'm not willing to learn any of the new characters and you're not comfortable with me farming/carrying I think I'm alright with the limitations. Also, the fact that I rather play LoL kind of limits my eagerness to care about winning/losing as what might have appeared to be bm (sorry Chob/others that though it was bm to all chat w/e I said), was actually just me having fun with it. =)

You know, out of all the people in this forum, you are easily the one most adept at ruining his own threads.

I'm also very adept at making people feel very uncomfortable with remarks that may or may not be trolly and pretending to be mad when in fact I'm not at all. =))))))

I should have included the troll factor to account for those that voted for every single character just to be a dick. You're right though. It isn't going to work but that's only because this community is only good for trolling. Point proven. Lock this thread African, it has no longer has a purpose. =)

Tosh should beat anyone but kerrigan when it comes to laning so maybe nones trolling bro