auto attack shield based item

ANARCHY

i would like to see someone implement an item that gives you shields based upon the damage you do (not just AA, but spell dmg too)

some thoughts;

the amount of shields it gives based upon a % of dmg done so it will work for both long range casters and AA heroes

has to have a maximum probably based on a scale of your HP or INT so you cant just farm for 30 minutes not engage anyone and then go backdoor enemies artifact (shadow im looking at you)

wow really, whats the difference between this vs leech?

this would not be countered by axe

also according to actual ways shields work they fade away pretty quickly....like jackson when you do your combo in mid of enemy team....you get lots of shields but they start fading right away so u gotta get out or die....they are not permanent life

Im not sure I want AA heroes to have un counter-able leech. It would just turn this game back into an AA fest. Right now all classes seem to have pretty solid roles, and are all needed.

P.S. Wrath, if your reading this right now, can you make a copy of the game with this item, just to show him how flobing ridiculous it would be? ty

^^ um well no i suggested it be based upon damage so casters get it when they use spells too...

and you would probably set it on a clock so that people cant just out aa you

i.e. every 5 seconds returns 10% of dmg done into shields cannot exceed 10% of hp

its quite easily countered you just do more than say 300 dmg at lvl 18 in less than 5 seconds...

I think spell could be implemented as shields that last 2-3 seconds. Make the leech marginal, so it's more of a burst initiator item for Penthos or Virgil. Also make the leech the unique of it. Maybe it only leeches damage from abilities so items wouldn't proc it?

If medic wasn't nerfed I would be totally against this btw.

ok my main reason or thoughts behind why i wanted the item implemented;

to provide all classes with a small buff shield not just AA heroes who benefit from galactic

its not intended to be SUPER OP so dont make it out like it is, its meant to only give a small amount and only last a short period but instead of being an activate its constant

btw i cant see jackson really benefiting that much more from this item as i said it should have a max shield cap based upon your HP / DMG & it also wont last long just like his current shields

shut up dunkey

shut up

you're nothing more then a barnacle on a whale

defender is for dps/tanks and similiar stuff, yeah casters with weapondmg and spellresist good choise <.<

why do casters need it if they're usually in the back?

only one who would need to get close is vergil and even then...

Erekul is a tank

Cyprus is a burster so he just 1shots someone and his task is done

To farm neutrals isn't insanely hard and to grant the item in a reasonable timeframe for such would cause it to be quite strong (midgame)

would it be bad to add a few new strong items after the recent nerfes? erekul doesn't buy weapondmg though, would be kinda wasted. My idea was an item with cd/int stats, that gives you shields=35%spelldmg done , maximum shield= 20%hp or so

Erekul is a tank

Cyprus is a burster so he just 1shots someone and his task is done

To farm neutrals isn't insanely hard and to grant the item in a reasonable timeframe for such would cause it to be quite strong (midgame)

but equally strong for all heroes as i proposed it gives shields based upon X dmg you deal (casters, DPS, tanks) (insures people in pubs are active in team fights and dont just sit back waiting for the kill)

so just because cyprus buys a shield and bursts you... oh wait theres galactic defender to stop that or you could just buy the new proposed item and as you were doing your normal thing like dealing dps to other things like creep and enemy heroes you get a shield so when cyp bursts in oh... not so op because everyone can have one and its equally beneficial unless your plan is to have 0 dmg then its useless

this is like the equality balance for all those AA dps out there that get galactic defenders

if items are balanced between casters/AA/tanks and then you find this item seems to make a particular hero op its probably not the items fault but that the hero is really just op

It needs to have a certain timeframe to it then, because:

A. Having 3400 shields because you've been farming would be so broke.

And...

B. Tanks/Spellcasters > AA atm

C. Every hero has specific items, there aren't any good items on every hero, that'd be kind of stupid. Everyone, let's build exactly the same!

D. Erekul will enever need shields, ever. Unless the enemy has a f**kton of poke ability/burst.

E. Cyprus should be able to burst down any AA/enemy INT in one combo unless said one went tanky. One item should not counter Cyprus. He's a burst caster. Like INT biotron, per se.

It needs to have a certain timeframe to it then, because:

A. Having 3400 shields because you've been farming would be so broke.

sorry to flame you nuparu but do you read?

this was like my 1st suggestion of limitation it should have otherwise we will see shadows lining up everywhere farming for first 30 mins of the game just to run in and backdoor artifact

just so were clear here is some limitations i suggested it should have so its not super op;

limit the max size of shield to X % of HP / main char stat

shield % received based upon how much dmg you dealt

shield lasts a short duration and ticks away at 10% per sec

damage caused to towers & effects from items like barbed plating do not create shields