Shrapnel cloak

pchacker

There was complains. Before it was rush 4x shrapnel make 12 sec carry useless (bah, almost whole team, cause its aoe) , especially meele carries out of the game, u can say parallax shap like this, that is 2 sec debuff only (u cant kill anyone here in this moba with 2 sec), not active even. In comp play it was pick just 4x aoe wombo combo, with spamming more dps from spells with low cd yamato, than with any agi farmed carry etc.

I know its been suggested before, but I thought i'd just say it again.

No one ever complained that it was op from pubs or Ih.

No one ever complained Ih -> Why ur lying? To make ur argument more reliable, trustworthy?

What i dont understand that people cant understand THEY CAN DIE FROM FARMED CARRY and still always crying (like carry shouldnt be able to make single kill in the game, cause that its not fair- carries shouldnt be killing in mobas, right?). Carries starts using lighting rod! NERF! Massamune NERF, Pyre NERF, Haste NERF etc etc.

STILL Tanks atm RULES the game than its INT spammable AOE scaling DMG with like no mana issues late game. U STILL have like MULTIPLE items COUNTERING aa (barbed op, axe, e mantle, shrapnel, blinks even when ur being attacked, shadowmourne). How many items u have in game countering spells, disables? To addition spells with gravity edge really TRUE damage (not like crits, and >60% physical resist on most heroes later) How many items in this moba with spell immunity? U have parralax 2sec debuff immunity not truly reliable (still very good item) and TASER.

So lets talk about Taser - taser is great, but its single target u need to click, still its really strong item. But taser counters spell heroes almost the same as carries. Tasered darpa or zeratul is almost same useless as tasered dustin.

And at the end lets talk about shrapnel, item that cost 2,6k gives 300 DMG aoe Nuke (shrapnel>flare gun) still 2 sec AOE disable that u can stack with other teammates (longer than e mantle and AOE! ) nice spellresist and some other stuff - yeah, sounds like really weak item for me.

Maybe lets it make 10 sec disable with slow, scaling with int Damage, and reduce cost to 2k, and u can stack them urself. Will balance game for sure.

Again i must repeat my quesiton, Why ur lying?

There was complains. Before it was rush 4x shrapnel make 12 sec carry useless (bah, almost whole team, cause its aoe) , especially meele carries out of the game, u can say parallax shap like this, that is 2 sec debuff only (u cant kill anyone here in this moba with 2 sec), not active even. In comp play it was pick just 4x aoe wombo combo, with spamming more dps from spells with low cd yamato, than with any agi farmed carry etc.

Oh really?, rushing 4x shrapnel is retarded, if anything the damage should have been reduced or taken off completely, so it made the item less effective early game.

No one ever complained Ih -> Why ur lying? To make ur argument more reliable, trustworthy?

What i dont understand that people cant understand THEY CAN DIE FROM FARMED CARRY and still always crying (like carry shouldnt be able to make single kill in the game, cause that its not fair- carries shouldnt be killing in mobas, right?). Carries starts using lighting rod! NERF! Massamune NERF, Pyre NERF, Haste NERF etc etc.

STILL Tanks atm RULES the game than its INT spammable AOE scaling DMG with like no mana issues late game. U STILL have like MULTIPLE items COUNTERING aa (barbed op, axe, e mantle, shrapnel, blinks even when ur being attacked, shadowmourne). How many items u have in game countering spells, disables? To addition spells with gravity edge really TRUE damage (not like crits, and >60% physical resist on most heroes later) How many items in this moba with spell immunity? U have parralax 2sec debuff immunity not truly reliable (still very good item) and TASER.

So lets talk about Taser - taser is great, but its single target u need to click, still its really strong item. But taser counters spell heroes almost the same as carries. Tasered darpa or zeratul is almost same useless as tasered dustin.

And at the end lets talk about shrapnel, item that cost 2,6k gives 300 DMG aoe Nuke (shrapnel>flare gun) still 2 sec AOE disable that u can stack with other teammates (longer than e mantle and AOE! ) nice spellresist and some other stuff - yeah, sounds like really weak item for me.

Maybe lets it make 10 sec disable with slow, scaling with int Damage, and reduce cost to 2k, and u can stack them urself. Will balance game for sure.

Again i must repeat my quesiton, Why ur lying?

U MAD BRO?

Whale plays ih and it even says on his bugs and balance thread that it should be changed to 3 sec until the new items come, which for all we know could be months away, also note that in the changelog when shrapnel was changed, like 90% of people who commented said that the change was unnecessary.

Um... Haste was more an overall buff than nerf (it was nerfed early-game and buffed late-game; so it better suits carries)...

Used to give +40% Movement Speed and (+40%?) Attack Speed. Now it gives +25% Time Scale-- which means that it ignores the attack speed cap (which is great for carries) and doesn't give as much MS (aka stupid survivability)... but wait, also lowers your cooldowns and duration of enemy debuffs.

:|

Also, nobody in IH was complaining about it that I know of (and I lurk a lot), and the thing people in pubs were complaining about was the chain-shrapnel KILLING THEM.

I would reduce the damage or make it like League's Summoner Heal (if two are casted within 10 seconds, then the second one is halved in strength). :\ The duration felt fine. 3 seconds wasn't that noticable from what I saw anyway.

Oh really?, rushing 4x shrapnel is retarded, if anything the damage should have been reduced or taken off completely, so it made the item less effective early game.

U MAD BRO?

Whale plays ih and it even says on his bugs and balance thread that it should be changed to 3 sec until the new items come, which for all we know could be months away, also note that in the changelog when shrapnel was changed, like 90% of people who commented said that the change was unnecessary.

? Im mad? Its not me crying to buff shrapnel. Why u even jumping with such retarded statements off pub lvl on forum? Maybe as a next thing u will write something about my parents? Complete no manners

Whale is playing ih, like other EU people, does it matter he is some kind of god and oracle? U said that nobody was complaining that is not true, sorry to enlight u, but Whale, or NA or pubs are not whole hummanity. Spreading again lies and disinformation wont make ur words and arguments more trustworthy and stronger. From my informations, and deep researches 95% of EU, SEA and young indonesian ducks were saying that shrapnel should be autoban forever, so easy to write such thing, sounds cool, is it true? I remember situation that was on eu competetive games and it was get multiple shrapnel win all teamfight, making carries useless. Whale is NA player, and was not playing on EU so much, like almost any NA player, in that period of time EU>NA cause im not talking about current situation where honestly NA>>EU and there were so many changes after the shrapnel change. Carries were struggling like no tommorow, cause of the chain shrapnel, cause of the item, and even parralax couldnt help enough (even when carries were stronger than now, mechanics, overall), game was just one wombo combo strat, cause it worked the best. I wont even debate on startegy aspect of having carries and diffrent composition options to moba games than having always wombo combo strat.

!supp SMN

The main problem with balancing this game is twofold in my opinion :

1/ The people in charge of balance don't understand the game deeply enough nor play it at a high level enough to balance it.

2/ The "competitive" games that people base their analysis on are not competitive at all. I don't want to start a flame war but I played a game this week end (my 4th aos game this year I think) and two of the supposedly top players showed a pretty disappointing performance. I was solo laning agaisnt one of them and despite multiple ganks from his allies he had something like a third of my cs. The other one was in my team, played lz and didn't use ult a single time in the whole game. How the flob are you going to balance lz if the players are not good enough to use their ult when their team gets engaged ? You're just never going to have a clear view of a hero's potential.

/flame

? Im mad? Its not me crying to buff shrapnel. Why u even jumping with such retarded statements off pub lvl on forum? Maybe as a next thing u will write something about my parents? Complete no manners

Your post style and the words you chose as well as the caps you are using, makes your post come across as aggressive and mad, hence why i asked if you were mad.

Whale is playing ih, like other EU people, does it matter he is some kind of god and oracle? U said that nobody was complaining that is not true, sorry to enlight u, but Whale, or NA or pubs are not whole hummanity. Spreading again lies and disinformation wont make ur words and arguments more trustworthy and stronger. From my informations, and deep researches 95% of EU, SEA and young indonesian ducks were saying that shrapnel should be autoban forever, so easy to write such thing, sounds cool, is it true? I remember situation that was on eu competetive games and it was get multiple shrapnel win all teamfight, making carries useless. Whale is NA player, and was not playing on EU so much, like almost any NA player, in that period of time EU>NA cause im not talking about current situation where honestly NA>>EU and there were so many changes after the shrapnel change. Carries were struggling like no tommorow, cause of the chain shrapnel, cause of the item, and even parralax couldnt help enough (even when carries were stronger than now, mechanics, overall), game was just one wombo combo strat, cause it worked the best. I wont even debate on startegy aspect of having carries and diffrent composition options to moba games than having always wombo combo strat.

If it was such a big problem why was there never any threads on the balance or suggestion sections?

Also try making your posts more coherent, it really helps.

What I will say is that the way in which shrapnel was nerfed was extremely clumsy, there are so many ways it could have been changed yet probably the most silly way was chosen.

If it really needed to be nerfed (which I dont think it did), it could have been achieved without affecting the 3 second's

1. Reduce the 8 unit range or

2. Reduce or remove the 300 spell damage. or

3. As eliwan suggested if 2 or more are activated within 10 seconds make the second one have half 3 seconds. or

4. Increasing the cooldown ( Probably not the best suggestion)

5. Make the item similar to how you cannot stack item actives in your inventory, when a team member activates a shrapnel cloak within X amount of units away from you, your shrapnel cloak also goes on cooldown, preventing teams from massing shrapnel cloak and having 6-9 seconds of no aa. This would be coded to only be with shrapnel cloak and not other item actives (such as sunflare etc.