New Desktop

Chimera

I'm currently wanting to get a new, cheap PC to replace the laptop at my other house. Many SEA players have heard me whining about the lag at late game so now I want to replace it's gaming role with something a bit more suitable.

I am looking at this set up:

AMD FX-6100 Bulldozer 6-Core CPU 3.3GHz (upgrading to 8-Core)

Asrock 880G Motherboard with 7.1 HD Audio

8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel RAM

1TB Seagate 7200RPM SATA3 Performance HDD

1GB Radeon HD 6450 Graphics

Cooler Master Elite 335 case and silent power supply

Does this sound good? My hopes are for the FPS to be smooth and perform without lag at late game. The Cost is at around $700 AUD which is about the budget.

Edit: Sigh, sorry for it being messy as it's bugging on me.

I'm currently wanting to get a new, cheap PC to replace the laptop at my other house. Many SEA players have heard me whining about the lag at late game so now I want to replace it's gaming role with something a bit more suitable.

I am looking at this set up:

AMD FX-6100 Bulldozer 6-Core CPU 3.3GHz (upgrading to 8-Core)

Asrock 880G Motherboard with 7.1 HD Audio

8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel RAM

1TB Seagate 7200RPM SATA3 Performance HDD

1GB Radeon HD 6450 Graphics

Cooler Master Elite 335 case and silent power supply

Does this sound good? My hopes are for the FPS to be smooth and perform without lag at late game. The Cost is at around $700 AUD which is about the budget.

Edit: Sigh, sorry for it being messy as it's bugging on me.

1. check the minimum and optimum requirements of the game you wish to play or play in the future

2. get the 2nd best option, which is usually at part with the best, but at a less price.

3. @.@ do 1 and 2, then see if it will be within your budget. >.<

1. check the minimum and optimum requirements of the game you wish to play or play in the future

2. get the 2nd best option, which is usually at part with the best, but at a less price.

3. @.@ do 1 and 2, then see if it will be within your budget. >.<

Okay thanks, I'll browse a bit more. TBH the only games I really want to be playing are Minecraft, AoS, LoL, some other RTS's and maybe one or two shooters. StarCraft 2 Requierments label practically any desktop fit to play these days. So I think I could probably keep the budget low.

Okay thanks, I'll browse a bit more. TBH the only games I really want to be playing are Minecraft, AoS, LoL, some other RTS's and maybe one or two shooters. StarCraft 2 Requierments label practically any desktop fit to play these days. So I think I could probably keep the budget low.

Hehe, get your sc2 box and see what's written in the back. :3

A cheap one that could afford the luxuries of smooth performance gaming and all. So I'd say about $800 and under, doesn't have to be that large.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you aren't looking for a new monitor or tower are you? Just the guts?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you aren't looking for a new monitor or tower are you? Just the guts?

I have the monitor, keyboard and mouse, just looking for the tower. I have it set up so the monitor is connected to the laptop.

Just realized you're in AUS. Hmmm, what sites can you use to order from>?

I put mine together last year from NCIX and Newegg... I'm just not sure if they ship internationally like that, my apologies for my ignorance on that part of this.

Just realized you're in AUS. Hmmm, what sites can you use to order from>?

I put mine together last year from NCIX and Newegg... I'm just not sure if they ship internationally like that, my apologies for my ignorance on that part of this.

Haha it's ok, this site is very good for ordering any PC parts - http://pccasegear.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived