Can We Buff Tychus

Snow

I don't really know how he used to be, and with good team play he is 'alright' but it would be cool if smog grenade 'rooted' the players hit. And his ult maybe created an arena with like a diameter of 15 so like people couldn't run away or something (this ult being on top of his current ult). Or make him more like how he used to be.

http://sc2sotis.wikia.com/wiki/Tychus.Findlay_Pre_v6.0 tychus should be changed back to this but with some changes to make it to how intel is used instead of str for abilities. and for anyone looking at it don't forget back in the day heros abilities were based off their main stat as well as stats were higher then they are now. as in now we might max out at 400-600 agility were as before you might end up with 2000-3000 agility. so 20% strength would of only been about 400.

at the start of when it became AOS. tycus passive use to give him the attack speed but as well as did AOE damage. read something like every every time he attack he gets increase attack speed stacking 5 times to 40% attack speed. like lordZ's E. but it buff his damage, every 2 attack he got a stack of a buff that made his attacks do an additional 35% of his intel as spell damage in a straight line stacking 3 times. now that was op but it eventally got nerfed to 15% of h is intel per stack. OP as in when there was spell leech and physical leech on sunflare gun he could just stack a lot of intel and leech of an entire team for massive amounts. spell leech is gone now.

His Q was bunker down. now he had like 4 range before. when he bunkered down he gained +5 range. he could not move when bunkered down but gained like 25% spell and physical resist at rank 4. very nice tanky ability but if got silenced u were screwed early game when u were not tanky build yet. plus if u were vs like raynor rancor combo and u were all lvl 6. it meant death. mark, stun, silenced, nuke and raynor ulti. you had no chance to run and they are out of rank for u to even attack. end game when u had about 4k hp and more resist items u could actually tank the enemy team when u had ur ulti up.

his heal use to just heal him self and did like 250+200% intel. every time u attacked it reduced its cd by 1 second. but it had like a 30 sec cd. that eventually got nerfed to 150% then 100% intel.

his smog grenades. instead of just throwing the one like he did, he actually tossed 3 that spread out in a triangle shape and lasted 5 seconds instead of maxing out at 3. as well as they did damage. something like 150+25% intel per grenade. if the enemy wasn't not moving u could aim so all 3 grenades laned on the enemy for decent damage. usually though u would only hit 1 or 2. main thing is though it was extra damage as well as lasted 5 seconds and covered an actual decent area. great for harrashing.

His ulti was how it is now but with some good animation. it use to reduce damage at rank 4 by 80%, gave debuff immunity and lasted 8 seconds. the 80% ended up getting nered to I think the 60% it is now and took away the debuff immunity which is kinda BS.

now all in all back when this tycus was in play he was strong, only because of spell leech. imagine sunflare guns with 40% spell leech 25% physical, nitrogen retrofit, electric mangle, parallax generator which also had an active. like it is now almsot but u activated it to get debuff immunity for 4 seconds no cloak. pyre which at the time proced off his passive so u hit all the enemy with it. now that means u are leaching 40% of what pyre is doing and 40% of what ur passive is doing per target as well as not taking much damage, almost no damage when u had bunker down and ulti both active.

Tychus is very strong in a team oriented game. (Actually, all MOBA games are team oriented if play on higher tier)

His Q is one of the best zoning skill early game especially in a long lane with a babysitter like Egon, Queen, and a few others.

His E is probably one of the best slow skill if you considering solely the "slow" effect (Probably only next to Gara's Q)

His slow is mainly to prevent an enemy to run away and it provides a "threat" early game to zone out enemies that dear to move too close to him and getting slowed and killed.

His W actually heals everyone around him including creeps and is a very good sustain skill early game. When his passive is maxed, he doubles the heal amount and heals twice as fast.

His R reduces 60% of ALL incoming damage which allows him to be able to get a bit of DPS item while maintains his ability to tank.

Follow this item build below, you will have a Tychus with 300 weapon damage with maxed weapon speed and a 55% slowing effect on attack and the ability to stun enemy every 2.5 in-game seconds.

On top of 4.9k HP with 55.4%/42.4% Physcial/Spell resistance before his Ult.

Lighting Rod => Stun Baton => Force of Entropy => Explosive Retrofit => Electric Mantle => Nitrogen Retrofit.

If that's not scary for a tank, I don't know what else is lol

His slow is mainly to prevent an enemy to run away and it provides a "threat" early game to zone out enemies that dear to move too close to him and getting slowed and killed.

You should add that it also slows weapon speed, so in an 1v1 situation, no one would be able to do shap inside the smoke, because of the 70% weapon speed reduction

the thing is, despite all the theory on how good he is, I have yet to see anyone do well with him. No one EVER chooses him besides myself, atleast as far as I see. I think he is the least played hero. The only reason I ever choose him is to try and do well with him. You can say he is good, but chance is you guys never use him and truth is no one else does either, atleast in pubs. I think changing him around a bit to make him more of a viable choice is a good idea.

Eternity check ur math on his skills his Q is a lot less damage unless u use his passive stacks to cast. at that point kinda makes it bs when compared to other heros with similar skills. how much energy he starts with to the cost of his heal and Q is way high. if not used with his passive its like wasting energy. example that I know off the top of my head. Queens heal to tychus. queens cost 30 less energy and is stronger especially if you add in that queen builds intel. don't forget to add queens heal over time amount. and if tycus doesn't use his passive stacks then he is paying for an AOE heal that cost more and heals for less then half of queens. his slow. yes its very nice but for chasing or running away from someone it doesn't last long enough so only good if u got a dps hero or a puller to take advantage. his old one was better. did damage, lasted longer and bigger area. so when you take in to effect that his energy cost are high and you have to spend ur passive to use them to make them effective he is weak.

the thing is, despite all the theory on how good he is, I have yet to see anyone do well with him. No one EVER chooses him besides myself, atleast as far as I see. I think he is the least played hero. The only reason I ever choose him is to try and do well with him. You can say he is good, but chance is you guys never use him and truth is no one else does either, atleast in pubs. I think changing him around a bit to make him more of a viable choice is a good idea.

The reason no one plays him is because the hero concept is insanely boring and people play this game to have fun.

After last Kerri rework she is very often played in pubs. But I prefer version before the rework...

Tychus is boring because he requires many items to kick in. Early game he can't do a shap, so he farm, farm and farm... And if u looking for OP build for him, get: Lighting Rod, Masamune, Parallax, FoE, Darwin's, Sliptide Scythe and at some point change Lighting for Pyre. Ask your aura whores to get CoA and Korhal and u are the beast.

Btw. anyone tried to go support build for him? I mean to get items like Impact Dial, Eternal Drive, CoA, Korhal, Taser, Shrapnel, whatever team needs, secure the kills with Granade, heal your allies and so on?

Do you play inhouse ? If not, do you think you are better than the inhouse players ?

yes I do play IH, not as often as i'd like because a lot of times ppl take 20 minutes just to set up the lobby. and ive only seen tychus played once since he has been changed to how he is. there are just tomany heroes that can do what he does but better.

yes I do play IH, not as often as i'd like because a lot of times ppl take 20 minutes just to set up the lobby. and ive only seen tychus played once since he has been changed to how he is. there are just tomany heroes that can do what he does but better.

No its to many heroes are more fun. Tychus is a dps/tank. No other hero in the game can come close to tanking as much as him, while putting out high dps. He is bulky, very bland skillset and slow. His skillset is not creative at all. I've seen tychus do great in an inhouse and not once did a player say wow tychus is fun no matter how well they did. He is strong but boring plain and simple.

i just played tychus for first time, did 12-10 with my whole team feeding like flobs and down to 1x t3 tower

i killed off every tower & killed their whole team & won, i dont see the problem with him, sure buff him if you want but then 2 months later u will be ragin for a nerf

(and i got 4 kills early game so he has no prob at start either you just need to build him right)

I'll repeat what I said before.

"The old tychus was like this:

You never felt lucky engaging him.

I'd say he's in a good spot right now."

He should NOT be like he used to be. However, his smog grenade could have a little less slow and wider area, and his Q deal AoE damage on his weapon attack instead of a nuke, but yea. A bit more like the old, but not to the MASSIVE power he used to be.