Dustin

Lucky

tl:b4dapost: he's broken,

he alone can shut down and completely turn around any team fight, his rockets do way to much damage and I won't even talk about his la-la-la-laser beam. He's got a dick on his character starting image and I'm starting to think dat was intentional for the way he's played. Plus all his spells are to ez to spam when combined with his ult it's a joke.

I think his ulti needs a longer cooldown at L3, but yeah, he's not too broken, compare him to Justicar or Kerrigan for example, or maybe DARPA, all of those 3 will rape in teamfights much harder then Dustin will. Especially if the Kerrigan, DARPA, or a Cain get explosive retrofit. Then, disaster comes much faster then the spell spam.

I think his ulti needs a longer cooldown at L3, but yeah, he's not too broken, compare him to Justicar or Kerrigan for example, or maybe DARPA, all of those 3 will rape in teamfights much harder then Dustin will. Especially if the Kerrigan, DARPA, or a Cain get explosive retrofit. Then, disaster comes much faster then the spell spam.

And exactly how do you plan on Justicar/Kerrigan/Darrpa ever reaching him with his ridiculous range? Add a vorpal with him, gg.

And exactly how do you plan on Justicar/Kerrigan/Darrpa ever reaching him with his ridiculous range? Add a vorpal with him, gg.

Justicar: SHC

Kerrigan: Flanking/Warp Shard/Ally pull

DARPA: Jump

And a vorpal? Vorpal breaks a lot of things in this game. :P

BTW, backseat moderation isn't acceptable here afaik

Never played Nova, and not sure why you are de-railing the topic, please visit this http://www.aeonofsto...-balance-rules/ and refresh yourself on the rules of character balance.

guess you need 2l2p

my post had the same sense than your thread

learn to position yourself, buy the proper items, and play with your team, paper dustin is paper

The only issue is true damage, on which the scaling needs to be nerfed (laser scaling and gravity edge). There is already counterplay for glasscannon dustins : just get hp and spell resist to survive the initial burst, get tasers and 3 shot the idiot who went 5x argus+ edge (cough ... Brew ... cough).

lol, he can spam so many missles, and stay very far away. it's not initial burst, it's constant burst and it can hit 4 people at once.. that's the real issue here. it's not like an aoe that you need to stand in, he just walks up and w's then backs, then w's then back then lasers, then e's then laser from the e, then w, it's constant damage that is hitting nearly the WHOLE team.

guess you need 2l2p

my post had the same sense than your thread

learn to position yourself, buy the proper items, and play with your team, paper dustin is paper

enlighten me how you get position on a hero with the furthest range and on a good team won't be caught alone? and what is the proper items? you tell me 2l2p and you use generic information pretending like you know what you're talking about.

As a Dustin player, I can say that he's strong in the hands of a good player... and piss-poor in the hands of a bad player. Rockets are hardly "free" damage; MP management is one of the biggest problems Dustin has (second only to escape contingencies) and if you squander your mp on inefficient rockets, your damage output drops significantly. Lazer may be easy to hit with, but the quirkyness of the drone more than makes up for it. Rockets is less about damage and more about delivering Nitrogen slow, especially late-game when people (good players, anyway) are stacking up spell resist. The best way I've found to learn to counter a hero is to play as that hero and learn first-hand what gives you a hard time. Then, do those things to them next time you face said problem hero.

On a side note, keep the discussion civil. Report problem posts if need be and just move on. No need to carry on a confrontation when you're impotent to do anything about the other person's behavior.

enlighten me how you get position on a hero with the furthest range and on a good team won't be caught alone? and what is the proper items? you tell me 2l2p and you use generic information pretending like you know what you're talking about.

I obviously know what I'm talking about, I've been playing this game enough time to say what I say, I am a Dustin player, I play every hero but I focus on the casters, and I've played more than one hundred games with him, so I know weaknesses.

Dustin needs a lot of farm and ganks to get money easily and be ahead, if that hero is not ahead on the game he can't do shap. If you are losing constantly against him its obviously because you or your team are bad and you are feeding him. If you don't feed Dustin, he hardly can be a monster and be such a threat for you.

If you are playing against an average Dustin, you can rape him as much as you can. If you are playing against a smart one, you will call a teammate to gank him and don't let him snowball. Spell resist will not help you against him because his Laser is true damage, but you can get raw hp, as simple as that. If you are playing a caster is that hard to buy Googles and an Ihan? he will not 1 shot you anymore, and you will still get int. If you are playing a DPS hero you can buy a Pulse Hammer and also Googles, with 2800 you got enough hp to survive him whatever he does. Unless he just last hit you when his team do all the job. With 2800 he will not get enough int to 1 shot you so I dont see the problem. Also Pulse Hammer will allow you to chase him easily and Googles will help, even your dps hero, to get money. If you are playing a str hero I dont have to say what to do.

In the late game, if the Dustin is good enough, you will start to suffer again, because due to his 10 second cooldown lvl 16 ultimate, he will be stronger. For that time you should have your FoE ready, 1000 raw hp so he will need a lot of rockets to flob you. Shinobi style will give you another 400 hp and 60 weapon damage. The cloak is not that useful against Dustin, but with FoE, the increased speed and then the slow will let you chase him to hell. Galactic Defender will also help you, because the spell resist will stop a bit the rockets, but because of his active you will have 1k shields to protect yourself.

If you are a caster Nitrogen Retrofit and Taser must be your options to stop him, and also a Parallax.

As some ppl already said Dustin is a problem if he is a good snowballer, in pubs I don't see smart Dustins who can snowball that hard, and average ones just farm and last hit heroes with rockets, they are easy to deal anyway.

And positioning, learn to position, seriously, his range is not an excuse, its uber easy to avoid his laser, you can see it comming, and its not hard to predict how a Dustin will move and react. His drone will not allow you to wait him in the high terrain and then jump him so you need be fast and finish him quickly. If you fear Dustin so hard, try to focus on him on the teamfights, search a route so you can 1v1 him while your mates are fighting against his mates. If you finish him he will stop dealing damage to your whole team. What you cant do is just ignore him. I know it's hard to focus on the guy who stays back, that's why you need to learn to position yourself. If he is hugging a tower in the teamfight and his INT and items are troublesome,well just dont fight there, because tower wont let you kill him fast.

Maar (because he has even more range than dustin and he will also blind him), Rancor (because even with his drone sight you can still run fast and snipe him, he is weak afterall), Raynor (because silences and because how squishy is dustin), Jackson (because of the silence), Micro (because he can jump easily and take him), Justicar (because his stuns and his big aoe damage), Biotron (because his insame damage, specially against int heroes and the early game), Darpa (because he can jump, silence and kill him in 4 seconds), Crackling (because a succesful combo of his spells and damage can 1 shot dustin), Leo (because he is fast as hell and his damage output is just insane), Boros (because with spell storm+ultimate dustin just can't survive, and if you are good bolaer then GG for him), Drake (because his insane tankiness and the fact than you can catch him), Cow (because you can one shot him too, but your str is higher than his str, so you can survive in a fight) Zeratul (because with a planar, you get him out of position and with 3 attacks he is doomned) Egon (because his insane healing skills and the fact that you can also silence him, and you can even rape him if you are going heavy int), Geneva (because her shields, healing and the immortality will just make dustin waste his mana)

Ihan, Nitrogen, Simphonic Seed, FoE, Shinobi Style, Aggresors Guise, Parallax, Galactic Defender, Taser, Darwins, SHC/Warp Shard, Caparace, are the best items imo to survive against him, and they also allow you to still fullfit your role (caster/AA).

forgive my grammar mistakes, and I hope that's enough for you to understand that you are doing something wrong, it's not the game fault that you don't know how to deal with a hero like Dustin lol

Buy Contamination Shard, Pyre, Sliptide Scythe, Masamune, Time Splitter (if AA) Gravity, Argus, INT blablabla (as caster) if you want to kill him fast.

Are you talking pub or IH? Cuz the situation is completely different for the two.

I obviously know what I'm talking about, I've been playing this game enough time to say what I say, I am a Dustin player, I play every hero but I focus on the casters, and I've played more than one hundred games with him, so I know weaknesses.

Dustin needs a lot of farm and ganks to get money easily and be ahead, if that hero is not ahead on the game he can't do shap. If you are losing constantly against him its obviously because you or your team are bad and you are feeding him. If you don't feed Dustin, he hardly can be a monster and be such a threat for you.

If you are playing against an average Dustin, you can rape him as much as you can. If you are playing against a smart one, you will call a teammate to gank him and don't let him snowball. Spell resist will not help you against him because his Laser is true damage, but you can get raw hp, as simple as that. If you are playing a caster is that hard to buy Googles and an Ihan? he will not 1 shot you anymore, and you will still get int. If you are playing a DPS hero you can buy a Pulse Hammer and also Googles, with 2800 you got enough hp to survive him whatever he does. Unless he just last hit you when his team do all the job. With 2800 he will not get enough int to 1 shot you so I dont see the problem. Also Pulse Hammer will allow you to chase him easily and Googles will help, even your dps hero, to get money. If you are playing a str hero I dont have to say what to do.

In the late game, if the Dustin is good enough, you will start to suffer again, because due to his 10 second cooldown lvl 16 ultimate, he will be stronger. For that time you should have your FoE ready, 1000 raw hp so he will need a lot of rockets to flob you. Shinobi style will give you another 400 hp and 60 weapon damage. The cloak is not that useful against Dustin, but with FoE, the increased speed and then the slow will let you chase him to hell. Galactic Defender will also help you, because the spell resist will stop a bit the rockets, but because of his active you will have 1k shields to protect yourself.

If you are a caster Nitrogen Retrofit and Taser must be your options to stop him, and also a Parallax.

As some ppl already said Dustin is a problem if he is a good snowballer, in pubs I don't see smart Dustins who can snowball that hard, and average ones just farm and last hit heroes with rockets, they are easy to deal anyway.

And positioning, learn to position, seriously, his range is not an excuse, its uber easy to avoid his laser, you can see it comming, and its not hard to predict how a Dustin will move and react. His drone will not allow you to wait him in the high terrain and then jump him so you need be fast and finish him quickly. If you fear Dustin so hard, try to focus on him on the teamfights, search a route so you can 1v1 him while your mates are fighting against his mates. If you finish him he will stop dealing damage to your whole team. What you cant do is just ignore him. I know it's hard to focus on the guy who stays back, that's why you need to learn to position yourself. If he is hugging a tower in the teamfight and his INT and items are troublesome,well just dont fight there, because tower wont let you kill him fast.

Maar (because he has even more range than dustin and he will also blind him), Rancor (because even with his drone sight you can still run fast and snipe him, he is weak afterall), Raynor (because silences and because how squishy is dustin), Jackson (because of the silence), Micro (because he can jump easily and take him), Justicar (because his stuns and his big aoe damage), Biotron (because his insame damage, specially against int heroes and the early game), Darpa (because he can jump, silence and kill him in 4 seconds), Crackling (because a succesful combo of his spells and damage can 1 shot dustin), Leo (because he is fast as hell and his damage output is just insane), Boros (because with spell storm+ultimate dustin just can't survive, and if you are good bolaer then GG for him), Drake (because his insane tankiness and the fact than you can catch him), Cow (because you can one shot him too, but your str is higher than his str, so you can survive in a fight) Zeratul (because with a planar, you get him out of position and with 3 attacks he is doomned) Egon (because his insane healing skills and the fact that you can also silence him, and you can even rape him if you are going heavy int), Geneva (because her shields, healing and the immortality will just make dustin waste his mana)

Ihan, Nitrogen, Simphonic Seed, FoE, Shinobi Style, Aggresors Guise, Parallax, Galactic Defender, Taser, Darwins, SHC/Warp Shard, Caparace, are the best items imo to survive against him, and they also allow you to still fullfit your role (caster/AA).

forgive my grammar mistakes, and I hope that's enough for you to understand that you are doing something wrong, it's not the game fault that you don't know how to deal with a hero like Dustin lol

Buy Contamination Shard, Pyre, Sliptide Scythe, Masamune, Time Splitter (if AA) Gravity, Argus, INT blablabla (as caster) if you want to kill him fast.

I am talking about competitive inhouses. Where you can't just call a teammate to come "gank" Dustin because more than likely the river is warded and his drone will see any wards you have in the area around whatever lane he takes, most often mid. And residente you're missing the entire point. I have seen in multiple in houses with some of the best players losing quickly or a team fight going 1 way if one team has a dustin and the other doesn't. If his rockets were limited to maybe 2 heroes I'd say he's way more balanced but the fact he can just pop off 4 rockets continuously especially in late game is absurd. You talk about starving him for minerals which is near impossible in a competitive game when it goes to the late game. He will have his items there's no question bout that. I'm going to stop arguing with you since you're talking about pubs I'm assuming given the information you've stated.

His team fight ability is pretty OP especially in the late game. Even with spell res+hp you're going to take a lot of damage before the engagement even begins.

I am talking about competitive inhouses. Where you can't just call a teammate to come "gank" Dustin because more than likely the river is warded and his drone will see any wards you have in the area around whatever lane he takes, most often mid. And residente you're missing the entire point. I have seen in multiple in houses with some of the best players losing quickly or a team fight going 1 way if one team has a dustin and the other doesn't. If his rockets were limited to maybe 2 heroes I'd say he's way more balanced but the fact he can just pop off 4 rockets continuously especially in late game is absurd. You talk about starving him for minerals which is near impossible in a competitive game when it goes to the late game. He will have his items there's no question bout that. I'm going to stop arguing with you since you're talking about pubs I'm assuming given the information you've stated.

His team fight ability is pretty OP especially in the late game. Even with spell res+hp you're going to take a lot of damage before the engagement even begins.

I would agree to reducing his rockets to 2, but they should have more range then, because you would reduce his damage output a lot, like Tinker in Dota 2, he fire 2 rockets but they have 25 units range, but they only hit visible heroes...