1 Supressor

Letherl

Can we get rid of the ranged suppressor?

I have two reasons:

One the amount of hydra's on the field causes way too much lag. If we get rid of the range suppressor it will help with late game lag for a majority of players, and probably eliminate it for some.

Two, the hydras feed, all of the hydras on that field just give the enemy team minerals, it's stupid to take the ranged den most of the time because, sure they might be good at pushing but all it's going to do is feed the turtlers. In an inhouse if you don't want the enemy team to catch up you either take the ultra den or you don't even take a supressor.

I know it's kind of making a LoL change but if that's the only reason you wouldn't change it at least have less hydras spawn or just instead of spawning hydras give the existing ones a buff.

They're meant to be there when you're endgame pushing to win, or else you feed them and they come back.

It's a "we're gonna win right the fk now" inhibitor, whereas the other one is a "long game, blah, got into your base, now to gtfo" inhib.

They're meant to be there when you're endgame pushing to win, or else you feed them and they come back.

It's a "we're gonna win right the fk now" inhibitor, whereas the other one is a "long game, blah, got into your base, now to gtfo" inhib.

Yes but that's not how it is working right now. You can take a supressor but it doesn't ensure a win; AoS has a majority of heros that are good at turtling so it is pretty easy to come back with time. The way I see it it doesnt even need to be there it just causes unnecessary lag lategame.

Never had a lag issue when all three ranged supressors are killed.

If you are going to lag, you will lag. The unit counts do not effect the smoothness of the game as it takes only a little resources.

It's the over time build-up on your memories usages that slows lower tier computers.

Yes but that's not how it is working right now. You can take a supressor but it doesn't ensure a win; AoS has a majority of heros that are good at turtling so it is pretty easy to come back with time. The way I see it it doesnt even need to be there it just causes unnecessary lag lategame.

obviously it doesn't ensure a win, but if you can stay in their base, taking ranged will rape the final tower a LOT faster then taking melee. like noobaru said, its a decision. do you want to try to push and end the game right now, or just back off and farm longer.

I don't see the problem, it doesn't cause that much lag if you have a decent comp (AoS is not very laggy overall as far as custom maps go) and those hydras give so much bounty :D

I'm not focusing so much on the lag because im working on fixing up my computer but this exactly, hydras give so much bounty. Logically you take the melee one as to not feed if you can't finish the base when you take it.

I'm not focusing so much on the lag because im working on fixing up my computer but this exactly, hydras give so much bounty. Logically you take the melee one as to not feed if you can't finish the base when you take it.

That's why there's two of them, they fill different roles...

Melee: harder to kill, less feed, more efficient creep kills, less push/tower push/death ball potential

Range: kill off towers fast

There is no reason to remove either because they're interesting and they fit different situations.

Also (somewhat off topic) the base looks nice and symmetrical right now and I don't see where you would put a single suppressor