[Item] Charge Chomps

Eliwan

btn-upgrade-zerg-glialreconstitutio.png

Charge Chomps

Recipe Cost: 400 | Total Cost: 1500

Components: Accelerator [350], Zerg Symbiosis [475], Hunter's Hatchet [275]

+18% Movement Speed [Footwear]

+15% Lifesteal

[Active] Gain +12% Movement Speed for 8 seconds or until you inflict damage on an enemy. Cooldown of 35 seconds.

[unique] You deal 30% more Physical Damage to creeps.

*Movement bonuses from Footwear items such as Accelerators; Vernal Inhibitors; Star Treks; Rick Rollers; Void Steppers; Timewalker's Greaves; and Charge Chomps do not stack.

Reasoning: Number one to educate people on the fact that Hunter's Hatchet exists as an item.

Number two is to provide an easier way to farm up neutral creeps; as you inflict a ton more damage with this item that you can't really otherwise.

And finally, the active lets you "initiate" or escape from fights as you wish, or dart around the map (albeit as not as fast as with Treks).

7/24/2012: Accounted for Hunter's Hatchet's cost being reduced to 275.

I like it! There does need to be more options for boots in the game, and this makes a nice new set of boots, with good effects, the bonus creep damage is quite intriguing as it would make jungling easier and an even more viable strategy.

I like how you used the following components:

:HuntersHatchet::Accelerator::ZergSymbiosis:,

especially :HuntersHatchet:.

Keep in mind that 40% more physical damage to creeps makes Grunty a farming demon. The 25% spell damage is totally unnecessary, as spell damage passes through the physical resistance of creeps, and is usually found in AoE form. A suggested change would be:

[unique] You deal 30% bonus physical damage as spell damage to creeps.

Removing the negative effects if you are ranged, and dealing it as spell damage to creeps, to go against physical resistance (I'm not even sure if creeps really have resistance).

Also, I think we already have two Movement Speed bonus actives, Void Steppers (also a form of boots) and Hand of Mengsk. I suggest changing it, but I'm unsure how to.

I also dislike how it makes use of spell leech, because of how overpowered it is to bind it with a much necessary boots item, effectively putting Vergil into his build without having to deviate.

Good job though, nice item concept.

Cooldown for it's active is much too long. Void Stepper's active already gives it 8% movespeed in addition to a nice evasion boost. It has a 12 second cooldown. HoM gives 15% movespeed and 30% attack speed and has a 45 second coold.This active only gives 12% more movespeed, yet has a cooldown that's much longer and an added combat limitation. I suggest buffing the speed by 2-5%, while lowering the cooldown to 30 seconds or below.

Okay. I'll take both of those into consideration.

@Seriphos: Creeps have 35% Spell Resistance and 0 Armor.

Removing Spell Leech and decreasing the Cooldown on the active to 35 seconds; and making the item amplify physical damage by 30% when attacking creeps.

New strategy, place boots on shadow. Disappear into jungle for five minutes. Return to base. Buy awesome items. Obliterate everybody.

Just kidding. Sounds like a god idea. A set of boots that give some escapability and jungle efficiency is a good idea by me.

I love this item but as said before the active needs to be replaced. This seems to be a good item on a dps jungler so give it an active like FoE giving a 5% slow on auto attack stacking up to 3/4/5 times (to be tried in alpha for opness). This allows flor the same gank potential.

That wouldn't be good for escaping, though. Nor would it be useful for starting a fight; it would just be what it is; a slow.

On the other hand, bonus movespeed is good for both escaping AND for starting a fight; as well as jungling around and making more money.

Archived