Passive mineral bonus with leavers

pchacker

Why should a team with only 3 players get an increased amount of passive mineral gain that is above what the 5 people on the other team have.

As I understand it now.

5 people with 1 min/s = 5 min/s

4 people with 2 min/s = 8 min/s

3 people with 3 min/s = 9 min/s

2 people with 4 min/s = 8 min/s

1 person with 5 min/s = 5 min/s

Shouldn't it be balanced out so that if there are 2 players for instance they share the 5 min/s that 5 people would get instead of getting more?

So 2 people would get 2.5 min/s

and 4 people would get 1.25 min/s

meh

No it can be

At early-game, levels (EXP) and money are so much more important-- and the +14% to everything is also extremely powerful.

As a result, if you're losing 5v3 early-game it's not your fault, but if it's early-midgame when the leavers happen... it's sorta your fault.

But then early-late game when they get maxed before you do? Still not your fault and they wipe your team...

So it really depends, but I would say that at least 1/3rd of the time it's the leaver bonus.

serious hyperbole detected.

Leaver bonus is annoying, but if you are losing 5v3 its your teams fault, not the lever bonus.

if its 3v5 at the start the 5 team should win but if the 2 ppl leave mid game or late game when no one is maxed on items, and now the 3 team gets 14% bonus plus the probably close to 4k minerals each, the 3 team can own.

Leaver bonus is annoying, but if you are losing 5v3 its your teams fault, not the lever bonus.

Decent Drake, Leo, Cyprus - try to win 5v3 against that composition. They will snowball so hard mid game that u can do nothing about it, unless u have composition with huge amount of CC (which happens quite rarely in pubs). What will happen is:

- Cyprus will one shot the biggest threat to Leo (in 5v5 probably it wouldn't be possible)

- Drake will jump in between all enemies and try to blow up as many people as he can, even if he fail he still can tank huge amount of damage and stay alive (in 5v5 he can't afford SHC so fast and failed initiation means his death, besides Martyr do much less damage)

- Leo will finish the job with monster kill (still possible in 5v5, but not so easy and he can't afford Parallax so fast and become pretty uncounterable)

What they have to do is play safe and to not feed early game, and after first 15-20 minutes its easy

i like how eliwan and james seem to have exactly opposite opinions on when its not oyur fault you lost. amusing.

I forgot that Wrath fixed the mineral distribution bug

So basically at any time except late-game (5 items each) it could be the player's(es) fault(s)

Stupid english I want to conditionally plural "player's"... <>_><

The passive mineral bonus is extremely unfair. If you are 5vs4 or 5vs3 you absolutely have to finish the game before the 30 minute mark or you will be unable to kill anyone due to them snowballing out of control from their absurdly early items. I won't play a game that starts with the other team being down a player - its simply not fun and I'm not going to waste my time on that when I can take 2 minutes to get a proper 5vs5 going.

Actually its quite opposite. The team of 3 has to win as fast as possible, otherwise team of 5 will eventually build their items and decrease the disadvantage. The question is if team of 5 can defend long enough. Of course there is an option to end game fast, but I don't think so it is possible without good pushers like MK or Queen

While you are correct that eventually the team of 5 will get enough items to have the advantage, there is a looong time starting at around 20 minutes where the team with 3 will have the advantage since they have had enough time to build up a decent item advantage. The team with 5 is going to spend a lot of time in the pool since the three team can kill them so easily in the laning phase, so its excruciatingly long and boring getting money. If there is a strong lane agaisnt a solo on the 3 team, they just hug the tower which they are strong enough to hold easily. The playstyle thats required by the 5 team to win is extremely boring, cause you basically have to avoid thier heroes and press lanes. They will also be avoiding a team battle since they are undermanned, but should be able to hold off their towers easily. Its just a snoozefest of avoiding team battles all around regardless of which team is winning, which is why I don't play these anymore.

Or the 5 man team can do the exact opposite..... They have the advantage in 2/3 lanes and can press hard there early game, mid game they want to force a team fight so a 5 man press down mid is highly effective for them. Being on a 3 man doesnt net you that much more cash if their several items ahead its because your team sucks.

Idea is to give them exactly the same mineral gain, but per team, not per player. So in case 1 leaver 4 last players should have 1.25 mineral/second gain, in case 2 leavers last 3 players should have 1.66 mineral/second gain and so on. I guess there mineral amount is an natural number, so it can be done by additional mineral gain per few seconds:

4 players: +1 mineral per 4 seconds

3 players: +2 minerals per 3 seconds

2 players: +3 minerals per 2 seconds

1 player: +4 minerals per 1 second

This way both teams would gain exactly same amount of minerals per second (5) no matter how many players there are. Currently the least balanced match up is 4v5 and 3v5, because there is big mineral/second gain difference for entire team (+3 and +4), while for example 3v4 seems quite balanced where there is only 1 mineral/second gain difference per entire team. That's why I believe this kind of solution would be the most balanced and the most fun for both sides in pub match ups.

Now there is also +7% hero scaling per one leaver. But from my experience it doesn't work how it suppose to. Its only scales the base damage and base health, while it should have scale current health/damage. Maybe in this case scaling should be lower, however in current state is completely unnoticeable. But even if, this kind of scaling would only gave real advantage to tanks and carries. Casters seems in disadvantage. However if there would be spell damage scaling as well then again casters would became to strong because of leaver bonus. Maybe the best solution would be to simply add all attribute scaling? Then every hero, no matter of role, would get similar advantage.

The leaver buff gives just enough resistance to assassins to survive burst damage that in a 5v5 keeps them in check. AA assasins would normally have to spend at least 1or 2 slots on sustain and/or hp in mid game. Here assasin can jump ahead to dps items without nearly the glass cannon risk. Imo this upsets the burst >dps>tank>burst paradigm, the core of the game.

With certain heroes I find it much easier to win starting out with only two teammates than with a full group.

But picking a support hero like raynor and then having two people ragequit or leave within the first few minutes is really annoying.

hm raynor doesn't have any problems with leavers early on lol, mark, aa , silence to finish= eazy

The leaver buff gives just enough resistance to assassins to survive burst damage that in a 5v5 keeps them in check. AA assasins would normally have to spend at least 1or 2 slots on sustain and/or hp in mid game. Here assasin can jump ahead to dps items without nearly the glass cannon risk. Imo this upsets the burst >dps>tank>burst paradigm, the core of the game.

OMG THE PARADIGM IS DISRUPTED

RUN FOR THE HILLS