Erekuls w and shrink ray + lame story

pchacker

I had a game today where I was playing cain, it was essentially a 3v5 as our 4th member (dustin) was afk for the first hour (the game was 1:14), it was a pretty even game and it got down to both of our artifacts. Our artifact had 2800hp and theirs had 1100hp.

So I thought I'd do a quick backdoor while my team mates hold them off, I got to their artifact and began hammering it, it gets down to 400hp and erekul comes along and w's me, the tower get down to 111hp and I ignore the erekul thinking that his weapon reduction doesnt scale additively (he had shrink ray), I get off 6 shots when the artifact was at 111hp, then die. After I die they go into our base and we lose. I watched the replay and see I had 0 damage for the 6 last shots I took against the tower.

This caused me to go into full mad cuz bad mode and rage.

Anyway, I did some calculations and based on the 6 hits I did, with my 350 damage at the time, if the weapon damage reduction was calculated like physical resist is calculated ( which Im assuming it is meant to be), I would have been doing about 24% of my damage to the tower - the towers 70% resist (I think), meaning I would do 25.2 damage per hit. So 25.2*6, means 151 damage to the 111hp artifact. People that are good at math can correct me if you want.

/end of mad rant

Anyway my actual question

Is weapon damage reduction actually meant to be calculated like this, I mean erekul being able to reduce any aa hero to 0 damage seems a bit op to me.

It was. The op is ranting, no way he bothered to search before posting this.

Lol, yes I read the thread before I posted this, it quickly got derailed into a fight about the definition of diminishing returns, and no the devs didnt answer as to whether damage reduction is meant to be calculated the way it is currently. People simply confirmed that it does indeed work linearly, and people were saying it shouldn't be like that.

And if you didnt realise that story I posted was pretty much a troll story, why I else would I purposely put that I went into mad cuz bad rage mode. I need to improve my troll capability, Skydie plz teach me your ways.

If weapon speed and movement speed reduction are both calculated with diminishing returns I see no reason why weapon damage reduction should be scaled linearly

wasnt something exactly like this posted like 2 weeks ago?

(not the story tho, the problem or question)

Yeah it was, but I wanted to find out whether this is actually a "feature", or whether it is actually meant to be calculated like weapon speed and movement speed reduction.

Lol, yes I read the thread before I posted this, it quickly got derailed into a fight about the definition of diminishing returns, and no the devs didnt answer as to whether damage reduction is meant to be calculated the way it is currently. People simply confirmed that it does indeed work linearly, and people were saying it shouldn't be like that.

Well the first thing you did wrong was not anticipate any kind of conversation on this forum turning into a bar fight.

Second thing you did wrong was expect a simple answer from a dev.

Third thing you did wrong was double post.

And no I have nothing else meaningful left to say, I don't discuss the shap in this game. I just assist in making the community a lively and friendly place.