Interesting Crit Build

KinGofDaBerG

Obviously this is for Boros, but would like hear what peeps may think!

Start with a Khali Weaver, rush into Phase Cloak, accelerator, Pyre. 2xArcbound Ravenger, trade accelerator for Contam Shard, Khali Weaver for HoM, Phase Cloak for Yamato Reactor.

So Final build:

2xArcbound Ravenger

Pyre

Contam Shard

HoM

Yamato Reactor

With the build you max Crit Chance, have a AS of 3.9 hits/sec decent PL, and are extremely fast with 120% TimeScale. ... Think I'm gonna start start using this build, screw your guys thoughts :D

I never thought deleting boots and using Arcbound but it's cool. I feel better using Valors manifest with its massive dmg and the little crit chance

I dont play boros so much but my build is rush sunflare gun for the leech, the mana pool, the dmg (weapon and the int who make your SS stronger) and the active, then i buy dmg items

Hmmm well comparing Khali Blade to Contam Shard in this build come out to this: since your at ur crit chance max your only getting 25% Crit Damage and 70 damage, with Contam Shard giving 21.5% Amplipification PD, 65 Damage and 30% WS. Since the build focuss around increasing the WS well passed the AS Cap, the 30% is just too valuable... But I exchanged it to see the numbers and putting Khali Blade in there would reduce your damage output rather significantly. Same issue comes with Manifest, as it only gives damage...

I don't get your point Marxx... would you rather have 500 WD to crit but only hitting 2 times a second? Well let's take a look, in my build your hitting the enemy 4 times a second with 300 damage.

I feel you would do more damage critting 4 hits in a second with 300 damage then criting twice in one second with 500 damage. You don't need high damage to take advantage of crit chance bro...

Yes Hybrid ofc, as a pure crit build is far too weak... Still you can't take away from the fact that its based around getting 100% Crit Chance therefore making it a crit build. Since the item that I chose to create the crits is arcbound which has extremely high wS numbers... You have to abuse the WS bonus from it...

Obviously this is for Boros, but would like hear what peeps may think!

Start with a Khali Weaver, rush into Phase Cloak, accelerator, Pyre. 2xArcbound Ravenger, trade accelerator for Contam Shard, Khali Weaver for HoM, Phase Cloak for Yamato Reactor.

So Final build:

2xArcbound Ravenger

Pyre

Contam Shard

HoM

Yamato Reactor

With the build you max Crit Chance, have a AS of 3.9 hits/sec decent PL, and are extremely fast with 120% TimeScale. ... Think I'm gonna start start using this build, screw your guys thoughts :D

Have you tried it?

I attached my hybrid borros. :3 What you think?

---

In your build, I'd change contam to khali or blackhole magnum.

And yamato reactor with valors manifest.

Hybrid DLlifer Boros.jpg

Hybrid borros 2.jpg

Though I go for an int build on Boros (because it is better), if you are doing a crit build on Boros you want something along these lines as far as a build goes:

(1) Attack talents for the 6% critical hit chance and 15% critical hit damage boosts - Base critical hit damage is 25% so the 15% boost here is significant.

(2) Boots of your choice - I get treks, a lot of other people get timewalkers)

(3) Isomorphic Pyre - Has nothing to do with a crit build but getting this item for how much spell damage it does is something you should do by default on Boros)

(4) Valor's Manifest - 15% critical hit chance and 98 weapon damage for an agility hero when you have 20 stacks.

(5) Khali Blade - 20% critical hit chance and 25% increase in critical hit damage.

(6) Arcbound Ravager - This now gets you to 100% critical hit chance and provides good movement speed which is important for Boros running away after burning his abilities. Also you will be pretty much at the attack speed cap with this item and Isomorphic Pyre plus the agility gained from Valor's Manifest.

So in the end this build gives you 6% critical chance from talents, 25% critical chance from double strike, 15% from valor's manifest, 20% from khali blade, and 35% from arcbound ravager for a total of 101% critical hit chance. Also, your bonus critical hit damage will be the base 25% critical hit damage, 15% critical hit damage from talents, 25% critical hit damage from double strike, and 25% critical hit damage from khali blade for a total of 80% bonus critical hit damage. Last but not least, you also get 30 weapon damage from Isomorphic Pyre, 98 weapon damage from valor's manifest, and 70 weapon damage from khali blade for 198 bonus weapon damage from items and you have the 40 spell damage per 1000 hit points passive which is great late game when tanky heroes can have 3000-4000 hit points or higher while also lacking in spell resist items most of the time.

An intelligence build on the other hand is more focused on spell leech and getting a lot of your kills with spell storm while a critical hit build is all about killing as many heroes as you can with omnismash and then going off to farm or push a lane while your ultimate is on cooldown. If you do go for a crit build, you will of course have to be more conservative when laning due to how squishy you will be without defense talents since you will need attack talents to get the most out of a critical hit build.

I am going to say my build of choice, then say what I think should be changed in yours.

starting items: usually double soul engine, teleporter, 1 mana and hp potion for mid, accel + teleporter + 1 hp potions, 2 mana potions for sidelane.

main items are represented by ">", while situational items with "()".

accel, (phase cloak/ executioner's ax) > Timewalkers/ Star Treks > valor's manifest > pyre > khali blade > Nitrogen Retrofit > sell phase cloak/ ax for c shard/ taser (sell boots for acrbound)

What I dislike about your build is: double arcbound, yamato reactor. One arcbound, late game, in exchange for boots, it SOMETIMES ok. Usually no. Your build has no slows, and only average speed without HoM active. You rely on attack speed, a rather dumb choice since once you use your q>r burst and MAYBE kill a hero (Anything with hp above 2 K will probably survive if you don't hit them with more than, say, 6 strikes) you are going to get hit with a return burst. You have an alarming 200 hp added to your hero (At least I think Yamato give 20 str). You are going to take 3 attacks from an aa hero like zera, shadow, nova, or darpa before dying, which means that you die in under 2 seconds of leaving your ultimate. A hero like cyprus will take you out with at most 2 spells. I don't like reactor on a non-int boros, as it doesn't really do much damage, and has a long cd.

With valor's manfiest, khali blade, and boros's passive, you already have roughly 50% crit chance. If you sell boots, for arcbound, you get up to 80%. Executioneer's ax also gives ~20%, although personally I prefer 20% damage amp from C shard, or Taser. With your decently high damage, crit strike, and attack speed, I think my build is better. This build also give you ~750 more health, as well as a good slow, for aa's, ss, and bola.

EDIT: lol, lOvOl beat me to it.... I think its the first time ever that his and my reccomended builds looked anything alike O.o

Here's a recap of his build:

Starting Items

:KhalisWeaver:

Early/Mid Game Items

:Accelerator::KhalisWeaver::PhaseCloak::IsomorphicPyre:

Final Items

:ArcboundRavager: :ArcboundRavager: :ContaminationShard::HandofMengsk::YamatoReactor::IsomorphicPyre:

Item Swaps

:Accelerator: > :ContaminationShard:

:KhalisWeaver: > :HandofMengsk:

:PhaseCloak: > :YamatoReactor:

Item Bonuses:

Arcbound Ravager

• 35% Weapon Speed
  • 30% Critical Strike Chance
  • 10% Movement Speed

Arcbound Ravager

• 35% Weapon Speed
  • 30% Critical Strike Chance
  • 10% Movement Speed

Contamination Shard

• 65 Weapon Damage
  • 30% Weapon Speed

Hand of Mengsk

• 50 Weapon Damage
  • 15% Time Scale
  • 20% Physical Leech

Yamato Reactor

• 40 INT
  • 20 AGI
  • 20 STR
  • 15% Time Scale

Isomorphic Pyre

• 30 Weapon Damage
  • 25% Weapon Speed

Final Stats: (level 18)

Oh yah one other thing on your build. I think even with timescale bonuses from HoM and Yamato, you are still significantly over the attack speed cap with a total of 125% bonus attack speed from pyre, contam, and 2x arcbound ravager and contam is not the greatest item on Boros anyways because in a teamfight your omnismash will be bouncing around several times and so the 5% damage stacks won't really get utilized very well since Boros has problems staying sticky to heroes, unlike Shadow or Zera when he ults. As someone else already mentioned, replace contamination shard with khali blade and you have an even stronger build thanks to the 25% bonus crit damage from Khali Blade. Of course with double strike, you don't really need the bonus 20% crit chance, nevertheless I think you have a great idea here in using crit builds on other heroes by scrapping boots because the combination of 2x arcbound ravagers, valor's manifest, and khali blade, will get you to 105% crit chance and you will have solid speed thanks to the recent boost in movement speed on arcbound ravager. That leaves your hero two more inventory slots for pyre and contamination shard or whatever other utility items you may want. Also, on Balrog if you wanted to do a crit build you could get by with 96% crit chance from attack tree talents and just 2x arcbane ravagers and a khali blade, leaving you three inventory slots open for Darwin's Might, Black Hole Magnum, and a Pyre.

Hahahahahah Apoc hahahaha, you trolling man! If people haven't realised how overly priced Khali Blade is and how useless it is because crits are underwhelming, but am concerned.... Anyways at lOvOl, I can't really read your wall of text at this momnet but I can tell you that with the exact TS I have I cap at 0.26 AS and with all my AS buffs it max's exactly at 0.26.... Please don't make useless comment about my timescale being well over board without trying the maths... And for all you haters out the Arcbound Ravenger is the best Crit item in the game followed by Valors Manifest then Khali Blade... But remember once you have 100% Crit chance there is no more need to get more... Even the Crit Damage from Khali blade od 25% is hardly useful... I have done the maths, taking into account all PR and SR reductions... Etc... Khali Blade is just too damn expensive... JustSAfrican Out....

I've tried this build as a troll build for boros. Not much dmg but try dragging as many people into your pool as possible. Have sprint as one of your talents and the speed talents in utility:

:ArcboundRavager: :ArcboundRavager: :ArcboundRavager: :ArcboundRavager: :WarpShard::StarTreks:

You'll run fast as hell :)

I don't get your point Marxx... would you rather have 500 WD to crit but only hitting 2 times a second? Well let's take a look, in my build your hitting the enemy 4 times a second with 300 damage.

I feel you would do more damage critting 4 hits in a second with 300 damage then criting twice in one second with 500 damage. You don't need high damage to take advantage of crit chance bro...

if i may,

crit build with only 2 crit items isnt necessarily considered a crit build. my idea of a crit build is high crit chance and high crit damage. hence its a crit build. attackspeed is secondary.

2x arcbound

khali

valors

HOM

last item could be either a warp shard (which most boros' need) or contamination shard.

now if

id build it like this:

arcbound

timewalkers

valors

khali

taser

since arcbound taser and valors can already be at the attack speed cap, the third item ideally is a HOM.

timescale: hom timewalkers (lower than your build)

movespeed: arcbound and timewalkers (higher than your build, great for chasing)

attackspeed: taser, arcbound, valors (agi bonus), HOM active (lower than your build)

damage: valors, khali, taser and HOM (much higher than your build)

silence: taser (absent in your build, but not absolutely necessary)

crit chance: khali, arcbound(lower than your build)

crit damage: boros passive, khali blade, (higher than your build)

high damage, high crits, high crit damage, high movespeed, high attackspeed with a silencer!

You have to consider how much potential DPS you're sacrificing to gain those numbers. Sometimes, less is more. You don't need >100% crit rate and the item slot you spend to get it may yield greater results with a different item. If you crit 100% of the time and your crit does 1.25x damage, you average 1.25x damage. On the other hand, if you crit 75% of the time but your crit does 1.50x damage, you average 1.38x damage. Less frequent crits yields greater average damage, in this example. Re-analyze the build and determine if it really is optimal or if you're just conflating optimal damage with cheese. Ultimately, the final test is practical use; does it help you win matches. If not, it's a bad build no matter how "cool" it may look on paper.

Hahahahahah Apoc hahahaha, you trolling man! If people haven't realised how overly priced Khali Blade is and how useless it is because crits are underwhelming, but am concerned.... Anyways at lOvOl, I can't really read your wall of text at this momnet but I can tell you that with the exact TS I have I cap at 0.26 AS and with all my AS buffs it max's exactly at 0.26.... Please don't make useless comment about my timescale being well over board without trying the maths... And for all you haters out the Arcbound Ravenger is the best Crit item in the game followed by Valors Manifest then Khali Blade... But remember once you have 100% Crit chance there is no more need to get more... Even the Crit Damage from Khali blade od 25% is hardly useful... I have done the maths, taking into account all PR and SR reductions... Etc... Khali Blade is just too damn expensive... JustSAfrican Out....

lal, im fan of arcbound ravenger, come to me bro

Archived