[HotS] Aesthetic/Cosmetic suggestions for AoS

MOTHER

I've been tinkering in the editor for a while now and the breadth of available new models in HotS is inspiring. So considering the large number of new models and terrain options now available in HotS, what would you like to be changed in the HotS version AoS? I'm talking about purely cosmetic and superficial changes to existing units, structures, terrain etc. (Not necessarily NEW additions, heroes, abilities)

Terrain:

Personally I'd love it if AoS moved away from the tired forest theme which dominates most mobas, perhaps replacing it with a frozen wasteland/forest or something like the Zerus jungle landscape.

I'd also suggest making the Zerg side of the map, or at least the base area much more Zerg, IE looking more infested like a hive with eggs and creep. There is plenty of new doodads and structures that are dying to be used for this.

Heroes:

Switch Queen's model with the Zagara (Swarm Queen) or Niadra (Broodmother) unit model and switch Tyrant Ultralisk with Torrasque Ultralisk (it will make the unit stand out among the regular ultralisk creeps that spawn better, also looks badass).

Switch Crackling model with Raptor Zergling.

Switch Lurker model with Impaler (also looks more badass IMO).

Neutral:

Switch Daggoth Leviathan model with new levi (or better yet, see next point).

Switch Aeon with Zurvan or Yagdra models (these guys are the definition of bosses!)

Also for future reference, I'm not sure how these models will make it in, hopefully as new additions rather than just switches, but the following models are in desperate need of love and attention:

Immortal

Colossus (maybe switch it with Archon Protoss creep spawn?)

Oracle

Odin

Corrupter

Viper (I actually think this and Corrupter as models suit better Toxi, instead of the Broodlord model)

Guardian

Dehaka

Warhound

Swarm Host (Perhaps switch this with the Zerg team's siege tank spawn)

Infested Stukov

Ravasaur

Brakk

Overseer.

EDIT-

For an idea of some of the units available in HotS, check out residente's thread http://www.aeonofsto...ro-suggestions/

Mmm I did a thread about the unit models we still can add to the game. Anyway, I would like to see Leviathan changed, but not Aeon, because he is the original boss from the first versions, and he shouldnt be changed imo.

I also want a change on the Queen model because the new queens are way more good looking, crackling and roach should have a new model, but I'm not sure about lurker, the Lurker unit is pretty good

The primal Roach as well as the Roach (Corpser) models are very enticing indeed.

I think Daggoth's model should be changed, in favor of Yagdra, Zurvan or even the Ash Worm model. They look much more menacing than a grounded flying zerg unit.

The only reason I suggested a change to Aeon's model is because the stone zealot model currently used is too similar to existing heroes.

I would also recommend changing all neutral (marines, siege tanks etc.) creep spawns to things that are very different to existing Protoss/Zergs units and heroes.

An option for neutrals is to visually create using doodads and terran units/structures "mercenary camps", to make sense, at least aesthetically, of random firebats, marines and thors lingering in the forests. Think of these camps as a neutral faction also inhabiting the forests. There are many unused Terran units that can be used for this purpose.

Again, this is purely cosmetic changes.

edit-

I included a link to your thread in the first post btw.

The primal Roach as well as the Roach (Corpser) models are very enticing indeed.

I think Daggoth's model should be changed, in favor of Yagdra, Zurvan or even the Ash Worm model. They look much more menacing than a grounded flying zerg unit.

The only reason I suggested a change to Aeon's model is because the stone zealot model currently used is too similar to existing heroes.

I would also recommend changing all neutral (marines, siege tanks etc.) creep spawns to things that are very different to existing Protoss/Zergs units and heroes.

An option for neutrals is to visually create using doodads and terran units/structures "mercenary camps", to make sense, at least aesthetically, of random firebats, marines and thors lingering in the forests. Think of these camps as a neutral faction also inhabiting the forests. There are many unused Terran units that can be used for this purpose.

Again, this is purely cosmetic changes.

edit-

I included a link to your thread in the first post btw.

Thanks for including the link.

I would like to see another hero with the Primal Roach, it would be amazing for me if with that unit could be done a hero similar to Nerubian Assassin from DotA, and yes, Daggoth could be change to another stationary unit like Yagdra, but I think Zurvan is too big, they would have to edit the map to make it fit properly.

I also agree with the neutrals, they are in the forest, they should be neutral creeps, the new neutral creeps from HotS are very cool, like that ursadak with spines of Zerus

Make an ultralisk hero!

The toxic one would be pretty awesome

I think the Ultralisk would be too big to be a hero, collision size wise I mean. But yeah the noxious ultralisk looks impressive but my favorite is still Torrasque which I'm rooting for to replace Queen's ult. For a new Zerg tank-like hero, I like the Guardian model or even the uprooted primal zerg hive model.

Also can't they resize Zurvan? But I agree they might have to make some minor changes to the map to accommodate that model but it would be worth it.

Personally I don't like it when two heroes are very similar looking, like imagine having 2 Queen heroes, one based off the melee Queen model and the other based off Niadra's model. It diminishes their uniqueness IMO. This why I would prefer the Primal Roach or any of the new Roaches to replace Brine's model than become a whole new hero. Or change Brine's model to something unrelated to the roach and use the roach for a Nerubian Assassin like hero (btw I love that hero from DotA).

There are plenty of unique models that haven't been used AT ALL which I think are better suited for new heroes.

we are currently avoiding hots models until we have no choice for new heroes - this is because ppl without hots cannot play map with hots models

As Whale says, EKCO wants to exhaust the existing Wings assets before moving to HotS. It'll also give people a chance to get HotS.